Are you looking for treatment for dark Lips, then, you have landed in right place. Wouldn’t it be great to have pink rosy lips that will feel smooth to touch? It is most often your dark, pigmented lips that you cover with lipstick to conceal. Do you agree? When you want to present yourself in your best natural light on special occasions or a date, dark lips can be a real downer. Most people often desire pink lips or lighter lips. It not only enhances the appearance of your lips. It also provides a health indicator for them. People with dark lips are often embarrassed and depressed. The problem has been treated with various natural treatments over the years. In addition, dermatologists provide several medical treatments for dark lips. Laser treatments for dark lips have also become pretty effective in the modern age if natural methods do not work. There’s no need to wear layers of lipstick if you don’t want to. You will learn all the causes and solutions to this problem by reading this blog. First, let’s look at some reasons why you might have dark lips.
Hyperpigmentation of the lips: What causes it?
The pigment responsible for the color of our lips is melanin, the same pigment as our skin, hair, and eyes. It is overproduced in hyperpigmented lips. A variety of factors contribute to this overproduction. Still, few of the main ones include dry lips, the use of certain cosmetic products, exposure to sun, genetic factors, hormonal influence and lip injuries or inflammations.
What are the causes of Dark Lips?
- Sun exposure– Your body produces melanin to absorb ultraviolet rays when your skin is overexposed to the sun. Your skin becomes tanned and your lips become pigmented because your body tries to protect itself from sun damage. Thus, it is essential to apply sun protection on your lips as well as your face and body
- Dehydration: If there is not enough water in your diet, it will lead to dry lips and the lips will feel irritated and chapped. Since your lips are sensitive, the skin gets really rough, and then it starts to peel off, causing small injuries to your lips.
- Tobacco Smoking: It can also cause your lips to darken due to the increased melanin production caused by smoking tobacco. Smoking can have several adverse effects on your health, but it will physically lead to darkened lips.
- Medical causes of rough, dark lips: Medications that cause pigmentation in lips including antimalarial tablets, minocycline, chemotherapy, and anemia can all contribute to dark lips due to medical reasons. Addison’s Disease also causes dark lips as it affects the immune system and prevents the adrenal gland from producing the hormones the body requires
- Using of Cosmetics very frequently: Despite the fact that temporary solutions such as lipsticks are temporary, excessive cosmetics use may lead to damage to your lips. For this reason, you should consider using ways that are natural to colour the lips.
What are the recommended treatment for dark Lips?
Use SPF on dark Lips: Sun exposure is one of the major reasons for dark lips, so the beauty market is now focusing on formulating lip products that protect against UV rays. An SPF on your lips is one of the best dark lips treatments you didn’t know you needed. Use a vitamin C-rich lip balm to prevent discoloration on lips and reduce sun damage.
Try Topical Creams: Retinol and retinoids can be used three times a week on the lips. Your dermatologist can prescribe you a topical cream if you’re unsure which to use. Invest only in that product. Dark lips treatment should not include too many products since they could end up causing more harm than good.
Get Chemical Peels: Collagen is stimulated deep within the skin by chemical peels. As a result, they reduce the appearance of wrinkles on the upper and lower lip. The treatment of pigmented lips can be achieved with various chemical peels. A chemical peel helps maintain the pH of the skin as well as remove dead skin cells, promotes cell renewal, and increases the natural moisturizing factors of the skin. To achieve lasting results, you will need to repeat the treatment every two weeks
Honey and Lemon: Honey and lemon juice can be mixed together and stored in the refrigerator for several days. Massage a small amount onto your lips and leave it on for an hour. Rinse your lips after the hour has passed. Repeat this remedy two or three times. Lemon citrus has a pigment-reducing effect. Honey contains nutrients that protect and nourish the skin. Honey also helps to make your lips pinker.
Glycerine: Glycerine-dry lips cause dark lips. Adding glycerine to your lips can help you to keep them moist. Leave it on overnight, and your lips will be hydrated.
Massaging with oils Can improve blood circulation to the lips by massaging them with extra virgin coconut or almond oil. This will turn the lips a healthier pink instead of the dark colour. The best and fastest way to improve the appearance of your lips is to use these oils about four to five times in a day
Medical Treatments: Dark lips can be treated with lasers or by applying kojic acid or hydroquinone. Melanin is produced by an enzyme that these medications control. Although they may not be safe, they may not produce permanent results.
Here, some of the best products that helps to prevent Dark lips.
Is hydroquinone cream effective for lightening lips?
Creams containing hydroquinone are strong skin-lightening agents, but only for external application. Therefore, you certainly don’t want to consume hydroquinone if you want to lighten your lips with creams containing it. You may ingest hydroquinone cream accidentally if you use it to treat dark lips. Although this is the number one concern, hydroquinone is safe to use on your lips if you do not accidentally lick them.
What are the best natural remedies for smokers’ lips?
Lips that are dark or pigmented are no different from those smoked. You might want to mix about half a teaspoon of coarse salt, sugar, and coconut or almond oil if you wish to treat them naturally. Gently apply the mixture every two weeks. If you don’t want to use your fingers, you can use a soft-bristled brush or washcloth instead. The more often you exfoliate your lips, the more blood will circulate to them, and the fewer dead skin cells will be. It will help if you use a lip balm or moisturizer right after exfoliating dark lips.
Are lasers effective for whitening dark lips?
Lip whitening with lasers is an advanced procedure. Thanks to ablative laser technology, it is easy to achieve soft, pink lips. As a result of this method, light penetrates deeply into the skin and stimulates the production of new skin cells at the same time as it gets rid of damaged, older skin cells. Another Q-switch laser that can lighten lips in 2 to 4 sessions is also very effective. Prognosis is very good with this laser. Melanin deposits around the lips can be treated with this laser, which is globally approved.In lip pigmentation laser treatment, this laser lightens discolorations on the lips.Lasers are the safest procedure, which means they are not harmful to the lips.Therefore, you can go for it without any worries or doubts.
Dark Lips: Tips to Prevent Them
- Make sure your lips are always hydrated. Stay hydrated from the inside by drinking enough water each day.
- Make lifestyle changes- You should quit smoking if you’re a smoker and limit your drinking if you consume too much alcohol. Limit your coffee intake to once per day if you drink too much.
- If you pick or lick your lips, you will only get dry, flaky lips that eventually turn dark.
- Utilize lip products containing vitamin E as vitamin E speeds up the production of new cells in your lips.
- Makeup should never be worn to bed. Using a makeup remover and gentle cleanser, clean both your face and mouth.
- Apply nourishing lip balm to rough and dark lips all the day and always don’t forget to carry it in your pouch. If you are wearing lip tint or lipstick, you can always apply the balm afterward.
There is nothing shameful or worrying about having dark or pigmented lips (Unless they don’t improve). Women all over the world are affected by pigmented lips.However, preventing them is not as difficult as you may think. You should put more focus on how to heal them and treat them. Hopefully you will find these tips useful in eliminating dark, chapped lips. One or more of the treatments described above can restore your lips to their original pink colour if you already have dark lips. You should always take good care of your lips, just as you should take good care of the rest of your body. This is all about treatment for dark Lips.