Are you looking for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility in 2022? Then, you are in the right place. This Scheme is one of the best initiatives that have been taken by the Indian government. The primary motive of launching this scheme is to provide houses to the urban and rural population at an affordable price. This scheme was launched on 1st June 2015. This scheme includes the credit-linked subsidy where the borrower of the housing loan will receive an interest subsidy in their bank accounts. This scheme will end in India by 31st March 2022. This scheme was launched initially for five years till the year 2020 but due to the COVID-19 outburst, it has been extended further to the Year 2022. The people currently can avail of this scheme by applying for housing loans in their respective banks.
Is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is divided into some parts according to the areas?
Yes, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana or PMAY has been divided into two parts as per the assigned areas. The two parts of PMAY are Urban and Rural.
What is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban Scheme?
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban is focused on delivering affordable rates houses to the people living in the urban area of India. Total 4,331 cities are covered in this scheme according to the latest survey. All the authorities looking after the construction and development of the house in the urban areas are included in this scheme. This scheme has been implemented by the Ministry of housing and urban affairs. Even slum dwellers and weaker sections of the urban areas are included in this scheme.
How many phases are included in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban Scheme?
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana –Urban is divided into three phases. The description of all the phases is given below:
Phase 1: This phase covers the total of 100 cities in the selected union territories and states from the period between April 2015 to March 2017.
Phase 2: This phase covers a total of 200 cities from the period between April 2017 to March 2019.
Phase 3: This phase covers the remaining cities from April 2019 to March 2022.
What is the overall progress status of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban?
PMAY-Urban is progressing rapidly in the assigned areas of India. The data available on the various online sources have shown the state-wise progress of the PMAY-Urban. The information retrieved from the online sources is as follows:
|Sl. No.||State||Total Number of houses completed|
What is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin Scheme?
The PMAY-Gramin scheme is focused on providing affordable houses to people residing in rural areas. The earlier name of this scheme was Indira Awas Yojana and then it was renamed as PMAY-Gramin. This scheme is applicable in the areas of all the states except Delhi & Chandigarh. The pucca house is delivered under this scheme. The financial help that could be received under this scheme is Rs. 1.2 lakh for the people living in the hill areas and Rs. 1.3 lakh for the people living in the northeast part of India. This scheme was implemented by the Ministry of Rural Development for people residing in rural areas.
What is the overall progress status of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin Scheme?
The PMAY-Gramin scheme is also growing rapidly in the assigned areas. The overall progress of this scheme is recorded in the various surveys that are available online. The data retrieved from the various online sources is given below:
|Sl. No.||State||Total Number of houses completed|
What are the main characteristics of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
PMAY scheme is a well-planned scheme that has been launched by the Indian Government. This scheme consists of various benefits for the public that are as follows:
- The people who are taking home loans from any financial institution for the period up to 20 years will receive the same at a 6.50% P.A interest rate.
- The main towns of all the urban areas are covered in the PMAY scheme.
- The house under this scheme will be constructed by using sustainable technology.
- The medium income group home loan borrowers will receive the credit-linked subsidy of 3 to 4% in their bank loan accounts. This credit link subsidy is applicable not only for the construction of the house but also for the repurchasing.
- The differently-abled people and senior citizens will receive the ground floor at first preference under this scheme.
Who is eligible for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme?
The main motive of launching the PMAY housing scheme is to provide affordable houses to all the economically weaker sections. There is a specified eligibility criterion for availing of this scheme which is as follows:
- The applicants and their families should not be registered for any other housing scheme benefits in India.
- The applicant and their families should not have any kind of pucca house in any area of India.
- The benefits are available for the new construction of the houses and repurchasing of any vacant house.
- Married people can avail the benefits of a single and joint ownership.
- The benefits of the PMAY scheme are available to only those applicants whose income lies under 18 lakh rupees. The income of the husband and wife can be clubbed together to avail the benefits.
What are the different categories of applicants associated with the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme?
The applicants of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme have been divided into different categories which are as follows:
- Minority Applicants: These applicants include all those people who belong to different socio-economic classes and castes. Some examples of these applicants are as follows:
- Widows of paramilitary forces
- Widows of ex-serviceman
- Widows of the people who are under retirement age
- Schedule castes
- Scheduled Tribes
- Freed bonded laborers
- The schedule caste under the BPL scheme
- The minorities under the BPL scheme
- Economic Weaker Section are those people who have an annual income under three lakh rupees.
- The lower-income group are those people who have an annual income between three lakh to six lakh rupees.
- Medium income group-1 are those people who have an annual income under twelve lakh rupees.
- Medium income group-2 are those people who have an annual income under twelve lakh to eighteen lakh rupees.
- Women who are falling under the category of economic weaker section and lower-income groups.
How would the different applicants be selected & identified under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme?
- The applicants of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban scheme include the middle-income groups, economically weaker sections, and lower-income groups.
- The applicants belonging to the economically weaker section group are always eligible to get full financial assistance under this scheme.
- The applicants belonging to the lower-income group and the middle-income group are eligible for the credit link subsidy only.
- The affidavit is a must to identify the applicants belonging to the economically weaker sections and lower-income groups.
- The slum dwellers can apply under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban Scheme for rehabilitation. Under this scheme, these slum dwellers would be served better infrastructure, sanitization, and drinking services by the respective authorities.
What are the different documents required for applying for thePradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme?
The applicants of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana must have the following documents ready while filling the application form through available modes:
- The self-employed people who have any kind of business, partnership firm, company, or proprietorship must have a balance sheet, profit & loss account, income computation, and income tax returns ready with them.
- The salaries people who want to apply under this scheme must have the six-month bank statement showing salary transfer, the form 16, the latest three-month salary slips, and other salary-related documents if any.
- The signed application form for the scheme.
- All the documents related to the property that has been purchased whether constructed or under construction. The documents such as sale agreement, no objection certificate, and allotment letter.
- The applicant identity proof such as address proof, voter id card, rent agreement, and latest electricity bill.
- The evidence of the income
What are the various modes of applying for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme?
The various modes that are available for applying for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana are as follows:
- Offline mode is available for applying for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. The applicants can visit the nearby centers to collect and submit the form.
- Online mode is also available for applying for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. The applicants can visit the official website of PMAY to complete the online form with the required information. The online application form can also be submitted online by clicking the button.
In the latest union budget, the finance minister has made some special declarations related to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme. Some of the special declarations are as follows:
- The tenure of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana has been extended further by the finance minister.
- The rented housing projects under this scheme will be exempted from the tax.
- The migrant workers also got the affordable housing cover under this Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme.
- A special deduction of Rs 1.5 lakh has been declared for all the housing loans that have been taken before 31st March 2022.
- The tax holidays could be availed by the applicants of this scheme for the next financial year till 31st March 2022.
How much subsidy does an applicant receive for the particular loan under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, an applicant can receive a different amount of interest subsidies for a particular loan. The interest subsidies amount and loan amount break up is given below:
- The economically weaker section applicants can avail of the interest subsidy of 6.50% against the maximum loan of Rs 6 lakhs.
- The lower-income group section applicants can avail of the interest subsidy of 6.50% against the maximum loan of Rs. 6 lakhs.
- The medium income group section-1 applicants can avail of the interest subsidy of 4% against the maximum loan of Rs. 9 lakhs.
- The medium income group section-2 applicant can avail the interest subsidy of 3% against the maximum loan of Rs. 12 lakhs.
Is an interest subsidy calculator is available at thePradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Website?
Yes, the applicants can calculate their interest subsidies by logging in to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana official website. The EMI for the housing loans can also be calculated by logging into the official website. The applicant has to fill only the details of the total loan amount; rate of interest and total loan period in the online form, the calculator will provide the full break up at the end.
How does the subsidy interest get availed by the applicant under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
All the applicants have to follow a specified procedure to get the interest subsidy in their bank accounts under the PMAY scheme. The procedure of availing these benefits are as follows:
- The applicants have to apply for the home loan under this scheme to the respective financial institutions.
- The application is then reviewed by the respective nodal agency and then the subsidy interest amount is approved after checking all the requirements of the scheme.
- This subsidy interest amount will be reduced from the total housing loan amount and the balance will be transferred to the applicant’s loan account.
- The applicant will only be responsible to pay the EMI for the balance loan amount.
What is the procedure of transferring the interest subsidy amount into the applicant’s bank account under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
The procedure of transferring the interest subsidy amount into the applicant’s bank account is very easy. The financial institutions from which the applicants availed the loans are responsible to take the interest subsidy approval from the nodal agencies. After getting the required approval from these agencies, the financial institutions transfer the subsidy amount into the applicant’s loan account.
Can the application status under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana get checked online?
The application status could be checked by the applicant online on the official website of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana by feeding the application form number. The direction provided on the screen of the official website of PMAY could be followed by the applicant.
Are the details of the already submitted application form of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana can be altered?
Yes, it is possible. The process of alteration of the details in the already submitted form of PMAY is easy. The full process is as follows:
- The official website of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana must be logged in by the applicants.
- The application form number with the Aadhar details needs to be filled.
- Then click on the edit button given on the screen.
- The application form could be edited after that.
What is the starting and ending date of all the phases of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
The starting and ending date of all the phases of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is given below:
- Phase 1 of the scheme will cover 100 cities and the period will fall between 4th January 2015 to 4th January 2017.
- Phase 2 of the scheme will cover 200 cities and the period will fall between 4th January 2017 to 3rd January 2019.
- Phase 3 of the scheme will cover the remaining cities of India and the period will fall between 4th January 2019 to 3rd January 2022.
State-wise details of the nodal agencies of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
The details of the nodal agencies state-wise under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana are as follows:
- The Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Island is situated at Andaman & Nicobar Island. The address of this nodal agency is Municipal Council, Port Blair-744101.
- The Andhra Pradesh State Housing Corporation Limited is situated in Andhra Pradesh. The address of this nodal agency in Andhra Pradesh State Housing Corporation Limited, Himayat Nagar, Hyderabad-500029.
- The Andhra Pradesh Township Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited is situated at Andaman & Nicobar Island. The address of this nodal agency is Flat number 502, VijayaLaxmi Residency, Gunadala, Vijaywada-520004.
- The Government of Arunachal Pradesh is situated at Arunanchal Pradesh. The address of this nodal agency is the Department of Urban Development and Housing, Mob-II, Itanagar.
- The Government of Assam is situated at Block A, Room no. 219, Assam Secretariat, Dispur Guwahati.
- The Government of Bihar is situated at Urban Development and Housing Department, Vikas Bhawan, Bailey Road, New Secretariat, Patna, Bihar-15.
- The Chandigarh Housing Board is situated at Sector 9-D, Chandigarh-160017.
- The Government of Chhattisgarh is situated at Mahanadi Bhawan Mantralaya, Room No. S-1/4, Naya Raipur, Chhatisgarh.
- The Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli is situated at Secretariat, Silvassa-396220.
- The Government of Goa is situated at GSUDA, 6th Floor, Shram Shakti Bhavan, Patto-Panaji.
- The Government of Gujaratis situated at Affordable housing mission, New Sachivalaya, Block No. 14/7, 7th Floor, Gandhinagar-382010.
Which topmost banks provide home loans under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
There is a separate list of the topmost banks that is available online which provides home loans under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- Canara Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- HDFC Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Bandhan Bank
- Bank of India
- IDFC First Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Axis Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- State Bank of India
What is the maximum time limit of getting interest subsidy transfers in the loan accounts underPradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
After completion of the government verification of the documents of the applicant, the interest subsidy amount transfer takes around three to four months.
What is Assessment Id under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
The Assessment ID is very important under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. This Assessment ID is generally generated after filling in the details of the application form. The status of the application form could be tracked by using this Assessment ID.
Whether women get special privileges under thePradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
The women have got the special privilege under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. The women belonging to the lower-income groups can apply under this scheme. The application of the women will get rejected if any other family member has already applied for the scheme before.
What is DBT under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
The DBT is a special term under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. The DBT refers that all the applicants will get their funds transferred into the bank accounts without going to the physical offices. The funds that would be transferred under this scheme will be credited in the form of installments.
What is the last date ofPradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
All the applicants can apply for affordable housing under this scheme till 31st March 2022.
What is the meaning of Central Nodal Agency under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
The central nodding agencies are the respective authorities that are responsible for transferring and approving the credit link subsidy to the various applicants. The central nodal agencies are also responsible to handle the applicant complaints against the credit link subsidy amount.
What is the meaning of carpet area under thePradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
The area that comes under the inner walls of the property after removing the wall thickness is considered as the carpet area under this scheme.
Is Aadhar is mandatory for application under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
Yes, all the applicants must have the Aadhar number to apply for affordable housing under this scheme.
What is the application fee under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
The application fee under the PMAY is Rs 25 plus GST at the physical offices. The application fee is nil if applied online.
What are the general CIBIL Scores of financial institutions to avail of a loan under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
The details of the CIBIL score that various financial institutions accept for the applicants to grant the housing loan are as follows:
- The CIBIL score between 750 to 900 is considered excellent for granting the housing loan.
- The CIBIL score between 700 to 749 is considered good
- The CIBIL score between 650 to 699 is considered very fair
- The CIBIL score between 600 to 649 is considered to be doubtful
- A CIBIL score below 600 is considered poor.
What is affordable housing in partnership under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
The affordable housing partnership provides financial assistance on behalf of the central government to the economically weaker sections of families to purchase affordable houses. The amount of financial assistance is 1.5 lakh.
How to apply online under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
The online application procedure under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is very simple. The overall online process is given below:
- The applicant has to visit the official website of the PMAY.
- Then, go to the citizen assessment tab in the menu on the home page of the official website of the PMAY.
- After clicking the tab, the track assessment form will open.
- Then fill in the Assessment ID or personal name, father’s name, & mobile number.
- After filling in these details the application form is accessible.
- The application form should be printed to fill further and submit.
“The PMAY main motive is to provide affordable housing to all”
This is all about the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility in 2022.