A smile is the prettiest thing one can wear. And white teeth help us all smile with confidence and make our smiles even prettier. It is important to maintain an attractive smile as you age. A lighter, less beige, whiter tooth colour can be a key to confidence. We all absolutely love to flaunt our pearly white teeth in our photographs. However, due to various factors, many people experience yellowing teeth, which often don’t allow them to have a free smile. If you don’t have white teeth the words, “Say cheese” from any photographer can attack your heart with a sword. Here is when Whitening toothpaste makes its entry into our lives. They are cost-effective and are a practical solution that helps people achieve their desired results efficiently. However, you can find several medical procedures that are available and are effective as well, but they are too expensive. So, does that mean you can’t have white and healthy teeth? Of course not. In this article, you will get a detailed list of the best teeth-whitening toothpaste in India, which can help you smile with confidence.
List of Best teeth whitening toothpaste in India:
By now you might have been confused about which toothpaste you must go for for a brighter and whiter smile. Well, a question might also pop into your mind, which toothpaste can is best for whitening teeth in India? So, presenting the list of the best teeth whitening toothpaste in India from various brands, along with their specifications, description, pros, and cons. The links for the products have also been given to make your life a little bit easier. So that you can get all information in just a click.
01. Tom’s of Maine Fluoride-Free Antiplaque & Whitening Natural Toothpaste
Product Description: If you are tired of trying every possible DIY to get white teeth, maybe now it’s time you must give Tom’s of Maine a try. It is a super effective whitening toothpaste, which can help in whitening your teeth by eliminating surface stains. It is counted among the best teeth-whitening toothpaste in India. All the naturally derived ingredients that are present in the formulation of the product work like wonders in tackling the user’s oral needs. Besides, the natural flavoring and fluoride-free element of the toothpaste make it one of the first preferences for people who want stainless teeth.
Core Ingredients: Carrageenan, Calcium carbonate, Glycerin, Xylitol, Peppermint oil, Hydrated Silica, Sodium bicarbonate
Ideal For: Adults
- The product helps in fighting tartar build-up.
- It helps in freshening the breath.
- It has antiplaque properties.
- There are no artificial dyes compiled in this product.
- There are no artificial sweeteners complied in this product.
- Gives hundred percent results.
- It contains SLS.
- Might not be pocket friendly for everyone.
02. Colgate Toothpaste Visible White Plus Shine
Product Description: If you want to rely on a trusted brand, what can be better than Colgate? It is a renowned brand that is used by people from all around the globe. It presents the best teeth-whitening toothpaste in India. It holds the potential to give you 1 shade of whiter and shinier teeth in just 1 week of use. Regular use of this product can also help in removing coffee and tea stains and can give your teeth four shades of deep whitening. The unique formula of Colgate Visible White Plus with Micro crystals gently exfoliates stains leaving an extra shine and dazzle. That’s not it! It also has anti-cavity properties, protects the enamel, and helps remove plaque for whiter and shinier teeth. Besides, the minty flavor of the product is very soothing and refreshing. It is the number one toothpaste brand and is also recommended by dentists.
Core Ingredients: Silica, Glycerine, Pyrophosphate, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Flavor, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Polyethylene Glycol, Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate, Sorbitol, Sodium Monofluorophosphate, Xanthan, Sodium Saccharin in aqueous base.
Ideal For: Adults
- The product keeps the enamel safe.
- It is a sugar-free toothpaste, which can be used by any adult.
- The Toothpaste is Gluten-fee.
- It starts showing its action after 1 week of use.
- It helps in removing stains.
- It can be used on a daily basis.
- It might not be an ideal choice for people who have sensitive teeth.
03. Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste
Product Description: You might be one of those who wonder about safety and health first but you want bright teeth too. This product is just right for you. Opalescence presents this whitening toothpaste which is safe and is ideal for everyday use, as it is less abrasive if compared to other toothpaste available in the market. This toothpaste can not only help in removing the surface stains from your teeth due to its unique tri-silica blend formulation, but also can help in strengthening your enamel, and the fluoride helps prevent cavities. It is also very effective in relieving sensitivity. Besides, it has a very subtle minty flavor which helps keep your breath fresh.
Core Ingredients: Sodium Fluoride 0.25% w/w
Ideal For: Everyone above 6 years old.
- This product is best for daily use.
- Helps in relieving tooth sensitivity.
- Easily removed surface stains.
- The product is less abrasive than other toothpaste.
- It helps in strengthening the enamel of your teeth.
- The taste can be too aggressive to many people.
04. NEEDS Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder
Product Description: Tooth powder has been used in India for ages. And activated charcoal is one of the best ingredients for whiter and brighter teeth. NEEDS Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder is formed with the goodness of natural ingredients, such as Coconut Charcoal, Coconut Oil, Orange Seed Oil, and Bentonite Clay. This charcoal powder is extremely safe and gentle and helps in removing stains on teeth that are caused by tea, wine, coffee, and others. The powder is cruelty-free and is derived from vegan sources. Every ingredient present in this product has its own role to play in whitening your teeth. Coconut oil helps in cleaning your teeth, as it contains lauric acid that helps in fighting against bacteria. Orange seed oil is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances that help in teeth whitening. On the other hand, activated charcoal is a mild abrasive that helps in absorbing surface stains on the teeth. As the product is in powder form, it doesn’t damage the gums while effectively cleaning the teeth.
Core Ingredients: Coconut Charcoal, Coconut Oil, Orange Seed Oil, and Bentonite Clay.
Ideal For: Everyone above 10 years.
- It easily removed surface stains caused by smoking, drinking tea, wine, coffee, etc.
- There are no harsh chemicals used in this product.
- You don’t have to worry about tooth sensitivity or unpleasant taste
- It is made from peroxide-free, non-toxic, cruelty-free ingredients.
- This vegan-friendly, activated charcoal powder for teeth is kind to both your teeth and the environment.
- It will not only give you white teeth but will also improve your dental health.
- It can be a bit messy to use.
05. Arm & Hammer Twin Pack whitening toothpaste
Product Description: A toothpaste that can be an excellent addition to your daily brushing experience. Arm & Hammer whitening toothpaste is formulated with refined dental-grade baking soda, which helps you get a brighter and whiter smile by removing the stains like wonders. Besides, it also helps prevent cavities and removes plaque by deep cleaning your teeth.
Core Ingredients: Baking soda and peroxide.
Ideal For: Adults.
- It reduces surface stains efficiently.
- It helps in fighting cavities.
- Regular use of this product can reduce the formation of plaque.
- It also balances the acids present in our mouth.
- It cleans your teeth very gently.
- It might not taste good to many people.
06. Crest 3D White Stain Eraser Whitening Toothpaste
Product Description: Like the name of the product, it is a pro in erasing stains from teeth. It is one of the best toothpaste that help in getting white teeth for adults. It works wonders in removing the daily stains that are caused by tea, coffee, soda, and wine. The product is gentle on the enamel and is best for everyday use. Also, the fluoride that is present in the product helps in fighting cavities and in maintaining overall oral health.
Core Ingredients: Sodium fluoride.
Ideal For: Adults.
- The product helps in fighting cavities.
- Removes stains and maintains overall oral health.
- Regular use of this can whiten your teeth.
- It is gentle on your enamel.
- Has a mild minty flavor, which can give your day a nice start.
- The product might cause mouth sores for some people.
07. Cali White B-12 Infused Teeth Whitening Toothpaste
Product Description: Are you a vegan, and looking for a vegan product that can whiten your teeth? If yes, Cali White B-12 Infused Teeth Whitening Toothpaste is just right for you. The product has detoxifying ingredients which are very effective in whitening your teeth. The infusion of the high quality and absorbent vitamin B12 in this toothpaste gives you a white and bright smile. The product has been formulated with all goodness of mother nature, and the highest quality, most absorbent B12 (Methylcobalamin), for the human body. Moreover, the product is vegan and is made in the USA.
Core Ingredients: Vitamin B12, Stevia, Xylitol, Calcium carbonate, Peppermint oil, Tea tree oil.
Ideal For: Both adults and kids.
- The product is vegan, which is flexible for everyone.
- It is fluoride-free.
- The product is SLS-free.
- Peroxide free.
- Ideal for both adults and children.
- There is no Triclosan in it.
- Made with the goodness of mother nature.
- Removes stains and maintains overall oral health.
- Might not be a pocket-friendly product for everyone.
08. Sensodyne Extra Whitening Toothpaste
Product Description: One of the best teeth whitening toothpaste is the Sensodyne Extra Whitening Toothpaste. It gives you a white and bright smile by polishing away the surface stains, that are caused by smoking, drinking tea, coffee, wine, etc. Moreover, it provides you with 24-hour sensitivity protection, and along with that it builds a soft layer around the nerves. It reduces tartar build-up and keeps your teeth clean. It refreshes your breath and also has a very mild taste.
Core Ingredients: Sorbitol, Hydrated Silica, Titanium dioxide, Xanthan gum, Sodium hydroxide, Sucralose, PEG-8, Pentasodium triphosphate.
Ideal For: Adults
- This product is SLS-free.
- Ideal for daily use.
- It helps in giving you fresh breath.
- You can get healthier and whiter teeth.
- It provides protection against sensitivity.
- Might not be a pocket-friendly product for everyone.
- It takes a little more time to show the results.
09. Supersmile Original Mint Professional Teeth Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste
Product Description: Supersmile Original Mint Professional Teeth Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste is considered one of the best and safest whitening toothpaste that are available in the market. It helps in improving overall oral health. It works like wonders and you can start feeling the difference every single time you use it. The toothpaste has the power of proprietary formula called Calprox, which helps in removing the most stubborn surface stains very gently. Also, it can inhibit the build-up of plaque in your teeth and will protect your teeth from cavities by making them not only white but also strong.
Core Ingredients: Sorbitol, Calcium carbonate, Sodium bicarbonate, Dicalcium phosphate, Titanium dioxide, Sodium perborate, Corn starch, and Magnesium carbonate.
Ideal For: Adults
- It is an expert in removing the most stubborn surface stains, in the safest and most gentle way possible.
- It inhibits the build-up of plaque in your teeth.
- It can whiten your teeth by 1-2 shades.
- It can help you own healthier gums and oral health.
- It is gentle on your enamel.
- It might not be a pocket-friendly product for everyone.
10. Perfora Unwind Toothpaste
Product Description: Perfora Unwind Toothpaste is one of the most popular whitening toothpaste available in the market. It is formulated with Nano Hydroxyapatite. It whitens and brightens the teeth and also provides greater protection to sensitive teeth. It is filled with ingredients such as Cinnamon, Strawberry, and Baking soda which are perfect to ensure the best cleaning possible for teeth. It has a potent combination where vitamin C builds connective tissues for stronger gum health and vitamin E fights bacteria to maintain good oral hygiene. Moreover, the product is not just effective in providing white and strong teeth, it is extremely pocket friendly and can be afforded by most sections of people in Indian society.
Core Ingredients: Nano Hydroxyapatite, Baking Soda, chamomile, and cinnamon extracts.
- The product is capable of giving you a bright and white smile.
- It contains active cleaning ingredients.
- It has a very tasty and soothing flavor.
- It is Fortified with Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- It is made with 100% clean ingredients and has no SLS, Parabens, Heavy Metals, Triclosan, Titanium Dioxide, Formaldehyde, Phosphates, SLES, MEA, DEA, TEA, Dyes, Caustics in it.
- It is cost-efficient.
- It is not a vegan product.
How a teeth whitening toothpaste in India actually works?
It is very common and we all often face the issue of yellowing of teeth. By using a whitening toothpaste, you can lighten up the stain that goes deeper than a tooth’s surface because many residents, such as drinking coffee or smoking frequently. However, everyone has their original teeth colour, which won’t be changed by the use of whitening toothpaste.
Whitening toothpaste is an innovative invention that helps gently polish the teeth with the use of special abrasives. Besides, it also helps dissolve stains as it contains chemicals like peroxide. Also, there is some whitening toothpaste that contains a chemical known as blue covarine, which makes your teeth look less yellow by efficiently creating an optical illusion of white teeth.
How to Choose the Best teeth whitening toothpaste in India?
To choose your whitening toothpaste you must spare some time researching the active ingredients of the products. The active ingredients can change how effective the products are in whitening your teeth. Basically, whitening toothpaste mostly includes one of the following ingredients:
- Mild abrasives: According to the report in the journal of the American Dental Association, there are some types of whitening toothpaste that contain only mild abrasives. These ingredients can only remove surface stains by sensitively corroding the enamel. Besides, as these don’t bleach or change the colour of the teeth, it has no adverse effects on the overall health of your teeth.
- Hydrogen peroxide: Generally, most whitening toothpaste contains hydrogen peroxide. It is a bleaching agent which is commonly used in store-bought products and professional treatments. These ingredients have the potential to change the colour of your teeth other than just removing the surface stains as the other products do. Besides, in whitening toothpaste, the concentration of hydrogen peroxide is less than the amount you would find in single-use products. Although, hydrogen peroxide can provide noticeable results over a more extended period of use.
- Carbamide peroxide: One of the most essential bleaching agents which hold the capability of breaking down into other compounds like hydrogen peroxide is Carbamide peroxide. Besides, it is also a widespread whitening ingredient that you can easily find in whitening gels and trays as well.
Is Whitening Toothpaste Safe?
If anything starts working instantly after the first use it obviously means it has chemicals. Similarly, whitening toothpaste also includes whitening chemicals in it, which help clean your teeth. These chemicals are often included in abrasive particles. As per the research done it is found that these chemicals called enzymes can reduce the naturally occurring stains compared to abrasive paste. It is also found in another study that using whitening toothpaste for more than four weeks is not recommended, especially if they contain abrasives.
If you want to avoid damaging your teeth, it is advised that before using any toothpaste, you must hold fast to the manufacturer’s recommendations. The product whitening toothpaste is specially designed to improve cleaning and minimize wear on tooth enamel.
How to use whitening toothpaste to get the best results?
One of the best things about Whitening toothpaste is that along with whitening the teeth it also provides all the benefits of regular toothpaste. To get the best results that is claimed by the product, you must at least brush your teeth using the product twice a day for two minutes every time. It will not only whiten your teeth but will reduce your risk of getting cavities, will provide freshen breath, and will keep your gums healthy.
However, always remember that the ADA recommends consulting with a dentist prior to starting to use any whitening product, especially if you have crowns and fillings. Also, if you are already suffering from tooth sensitivity, only your dental professional can recommend the right product for your needs.
How to purchase teeth whitening toothpaste in India? A buying guide
Basically, there are two main categories of whitening ingredients in toothpaste, they are abrasives and bleaching agents. The majority of the whitening toothpaste relies on gentle, enamel-safe abrasives that work to scrub off stains caused by eating and drinking. Whitening toothpaste won’t change the colour of your teeth, it will just clean off any gunk that might make them appear more yellow. That is the reason why you might want a whitening kit at home to see if it really works.
Bleaching agents such as peroxide are capable of lifting the colour of your teeth in the outermost layers of your enamel. Although, they are not so common in toothpaste as they need more than two minutes of contact to really work. Besides, it can also be irritating and can cause sensitivity.
According to many doctors, the first thing you must look for while shopping for new products is the ADA seal of acceptance. Many brands submit their products to the American Dental Association, a non-profit advocating for safe dental practices, for review to obtain its seal which signals that the dental community agrees there is enough research to substantiate that a product is safe and effective. This is very important regarding whitening toothpaste because they use abrasives like silica to clean the stains on your teeth’ surface. ADA review ensures those abrasives aren’t doing more harm to your enamel.
One more thing that you need to put your attention to while buying new products is fluoride, a mineral that strengthens enamel and helps prevent cavities. This naturally occurring mineral has been criticized by phony science, however, the ADA, along with many other experts conducted much research and found that it is not only safe in your toothpaste but also a necessary ingredient that can prevent cavities.
According to dentists, you must also look for toothpaste that has no sugar in it. It is recommended to avoid sugar, which is often seen in toothpaste to improve the flavor. However, this ingredient can cause adverse effects including tooth decay. But, it is very fortunate that most of the kinds of toothpaste use tooth-safe sugar alternatives like xylitol or stevia.
Although, you can make certain changes in your lifestyle in order to prevent your teeth from yellowing naturally. The list of whitening kinds of toothpaste that has been mentioned previously will help you get pearly white teeth at your home without paying a huge sum of money. However, you can consult a doctor if any of these products don’t come up with the desired outcome that the products claim. Your dentist can find out if you are facing any other issues. We hope that the article can prove itself helpful for you in finding the Best teeth-whitening toothpaste in India.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
You must brush and floss your teeth twice a day.
It’s best if you avoid beverages like coffee, red wine, beetroot, and blueberries which may stain your teeth.
Avoid overeating foods high in carbs or high in sugar.
In case you consume any high-carb or high& sugar food, brush your teeth immediately.
If you smoke frequently, you must quit smoking.
Tobacco kills and also damages your teeth and gums. Avoid chewing tobacco.
Visit a dentist every six months to get your teeth cleaned up.
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate