Are you looking for the best water purifier with low maintenance cost in India? Then, you have landed in right place. There is a possibility that your drinking water might not be as clean as you think. It may be contaminated with bacteria, pesticides heavy metals and high TDS making it unhealthy for your health. Thus keeping a water purifier ensures that you drink clean, healthy water. It has become essential to buy a water purifier nowadays to prevent getting sick from drinking contaminated water
Water purifier is an essential part of our daily lives. In India, where tap water is not always safe and the water coming from natural sources, like lakes and rivers, can acquire contaminants from human, plant, and animal waste, a water purifier becomes a basic necessity. In other words, potable water is readily available with a water purifier at home. In order to protect yourself from contamination, it is usually recommended to use a water purifier. Today, in this post I will try to guide you to select the best water purifier with low maintenance cost.
What exactly is a water purifier?
A water purifier is a device for purifying water. It not only helps to remove harmful contaminants but also make your water taste better, smell better, and look better. Inorganic and organic substances, chlorine, soil residues, and organic odours are also reduced. The water purifier has become one of the most necessary household items that protects your family’s health. Thus it is important to make sure that you protect yourself from potentially deadly waterborne diseases at home with a good water purifier
What are the types of water purifiers?
In this blog, we have outlined some of the different types of water purifiers and purification systems available in the market. Some water purifiers combine multiple technologies, such as RO and UV, to purify water. One should select a water purifier which ideally meets all the requirements based on the TDS level. This section will assist you in selecting the best strategy for you.
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water Purifier- The RO (Reverse Osmosis) process passes water through semipermeable membranes (also known as RO membranes) with extremely small pores using high pressure. Since the pores are so tiny and small that only the water can pass through it thus leaving behind impurities, such as fungi, bacteria and some heavy metals. You need not worry about contaminants getting into your drinking water, since all those impurities are removed at a separate outlet.
- Ultraviolet Water Purifier- With this water purifier, microorganisms are completely eliminated without the use of chemical compounds. It works because water passes through an ultraviolet tube that emits UV light. The water purifier is able to kill even the most harmful microorganisms, and even if some do survive, their potency has probably decreased because of the attack. Additionally, the UV tube only needs to be replaced on a yearly basis (if necessary) or in the event of any malfunctions
- Ultrafiltration (UF) Water Purifier- In a similar manner to RO water purifiers, UF water purifiers use membranes that prevent all solids from passing through them. This helps to trap large particles, debris, and even microorganisms so they won’t flow with the water. Water purifiers using UF are not ideal for every household. People who can use this type of water treatment are those who are not tackling the problem of hard water in their area. The device is good at removing larger microbes, but it may fail to remove small microorganisms. In addition, the membrane should be cleaned frequently and daily to prevent unwanted deposits.
- Gravity-Based/Non Electric Water Purifier- Have you ever heard of using gravity to filter water? This water purifier is capable of doing this, and it may be equipped with activated charcoal or a UF filtering membrane to remove contaminants and pollutants. This kind of water purifier also uses a fibre mesh to remove particles. One of the most significant advantages of this sort of filtration system is that it is not reliant on power.
List of some of the top water purifier brands in India with low maintenance cost
Following is the list of the Best water purifier with low maintenance cost
01. Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Amaze RO+UV+MTDS Water Purifier-
The Aquasure Amaze is the newest and advanced purifier in Eureka Forbes’ series which is a low-cost RO water purifier. It is considered as one of India’s best-selling RO purifiers. One obvious reason for its enormous appeal is the inexpensive cost of ownership and upkeep.
- It has a RO+UV purification compact with a TDS controller for regulating the TDS level of the filtered water
- Suitable for purifying tap, bore well, municipal or groundwater.
- Simple and small design.
- Notifies you automatically in the event of a UV failure.
- It has a 7-liter semi-transparent storage tank.
- LED indications indicate tank full/empty, and purification on/off.
02. AO Smith Z8 Water Purifier
The AO Smith Z8 is the ideal choice if you only want to buy a water purifier for your kitchen. It includes two water dispenser taps, each of which can deliver filtered water at various temperatures.
- This water purifier features two water dispensers.
- Has a total of a 10-litres storage tank.
- It has double-layered protection combined with an SCMT membrane.
- It has a 1-year warranty.
03. Kent – 11076 New Grand 8-Litres Wall-Mountable RO + UV+ UF + TDS
Kent – 11076 New Grand 8-Litres Wall-The Grand model is another fantastic KENT product that you should check out. It has an 8-litre storage tank and also consists of an incredible flow rate. In addition, the purification cycle can cleanse 15 litres of water in an hour. As a consequence, the storage tank will quickly fill, assuring that you will never run out of cleaned water.
- Has a 15-litre-per-hour flow rate.
- Includes an 8-litre storage tank.
- Dispensable tap that is simple to use.
04. Mi Smart Water Purifier
Mi is considered one of the popular brands that have never let its customers down with its products or services. As a result, it has produced a water purifier with a filter changing feature that can be done by the user. It clearly means that it is not required to call a professional to change the cartridges, saving you a lot of money. Instead, this function will help you save money by allowing you to change the filter fast and without wasting time.
- It has a DIY filter changing feature.
- It can be controlled from a distance.
- It consists of 5-stages of protection.
05. Aquaguard Smart Plus
This appliance features AMC support that drastically minimise maintenance costs. It is another low maintenance RO water purifier which works on smart technology. Furthermore, the RO filter cartridge consists a total of 60,000-hour life expectancy. You will be notified as soon as the filter reaches the end of its useful life, due to the built-in alarm mechanism.
- It comprises of a TDS mineralizer.
- The purifier’s aesthetics are impeccable.
- It has an automatic off mechanism.
06. V-Guard Reverse Osmosis Water Purifier
The V-Guard Zenora water purifier has become a renowned brand because of the warranty coverage of the company for all the appliance filters. So, as a result, it is not required to spend a huge amount of money on servicing individually.
- It has a compact and modern style design.
- Includes three pre-filters for exterior installation.
- It has 1-year warranty.
07. Rk Aquafresh India Az Series K200
In terms of functionality, the R.K Aqua Fresh RO water is a less maintenance water purifier that meets up to the brand’s promises. The upper body of the product is incredibly transparent, letting you to see the amount of water within at a glance. Because its size fits nicely into every nook, it is not a bulky product that takes up a lot of space. In comparison to other brands, this model uses very little electricity. The RO purifiers on the market require the purchase of an extra pre-filter whereas this purifier comes with a pre-filter and costs less.
- Installation can be done on table tops and walls.
- It has 1-year comprehensive warranty.
- This purifier is suitable for top TDS water and also borewell water.
- Highly reasonable pricing.
08. KENT Supreme RO Water purifier
Kent has long been one of India’s greatest purifier manufacturers, and their elegant model is proof of that. There are many filtration stages in this purifier, as well as an in-tank UV sterilisation system for 100 percent pure water.
- It has a wall mount function.
- Has a TDS adjuster.
- It has an 8-litres of the storage tank.
Why should you use a water purifier?
Water purifiers are a fantastic alternative for the majority of Indian households. Few water purifiers, such as RO (Reverse Osmosis) purifiers, have grown so popular and famous in India that the name “RO” has become a common name when it comes to “water purifiers.” Water purifiers can swiftly remove contaminants such as dirt, sand, germs, viruses, excess dissolved solids such as magnesium and calcium among others.
Is a Water Purifier Necessary in India?
Everyone is aware that there is a myriad of dangerous compounds contained in standard water systems. This is why you will see individuals chasing Best Water Purifiers, commercials on TV screen, people advising one other on safe drinking water, and so on. These are the items that must not be overlooked. People are getting concerned about the cleanliness of their drinking water. It is certainly cause for concern because reports of harmful compounds and metals detected in tap water are discovered on a daily basis.
Swallowing tap water straight today is equivalent to drinking poison. Consuming tap water can cause a variety of health issues, some of which are potentially fatal. This is the main reason why drinking water from filters is necessary. Purchasing the Best RO water purifier in India is the most effective way to obtain safe and clean drinking water. In India, it is common practice to boil water before consuming it, although this is no longer a definite means to ensure that the water is safe. Boiling water can only destroy germs; it cannot remove lead or other hazardous compounds. Today’s modern purifiers are jam-packed with several functions that assure 100 percent pure drinking water.
Factors to consider before purchasing a low-maintenance water filter: Buying guide?
- Filter Life: It’s best to choose an air purifier that comes with a long-life filter. This greatly reduces maintenance effort. In addition, you do not need to call repair service frequently to replace the filter. This is quite expensive.
- DIY filter replacement: Some air purifiers have filters with DIY replacement characteristics. This means that you can change the filters yourself without using professional tools. All you need to buy is the filter in question.
- Extended warranty: The cost of maintenance is usually less when the purifier is still within the warranty period. But once the warranty runs out, you will have to pay dearly for even the maintenance work. Therefore, it is better to choose a purifier with a warranty that can be extended by a year or two.
- AMC Service Support: Purchasing a water purifier with an annual maintenance contract support system will significantly reduce overall maintenance costs. Although AMC support is unavailable for all water purifiers, some models are equipped with this feature.
- Power consumption: The consumption of the power must be lower than that of other appliances. With less power consumption, it requires less maintenance. Therefore, you will not have to spend too much money to maintain the function of the filter.
- Auto-off feature: Assume the water purifier has an auto-off feature. In this case, it will immediately turn off the filtration system when the tank is full of water. Therefore, there will be no waste of water or damage in the water tank
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
It is recommended that the water purifier be serviced at least twice a year. If you live in a region where the incoming water contains a lot of iron or metal, you should surely call for maintenance at least three to four times a year.
A water purifier’s typical lifespan is 6 to 7 years. However, good usage and appropriate maintenance may extend the life of a product.
When the water purifier isn’t in use, make sure it’s turned off. You must also guarantee that the purifier’s incoming supply line is not connected directly to municipal water.
The maintenance of RO water purifier is less expensive, allowing you to save a lot of money.
Yes, of course. Just like any other water purifier, RO water purifiers also require regular maintenance.
Thus, in this blog, we have mentioned some of the top best water purifier with low maintenance cost. Different water sources, including different pollutants, may be required for different types of water purifiers. We’ve put up a comprehensive water purifier shopping guide to assist you in selecting the best technology for your home or workplace.