If you looking for the best rowing machine in India, then, you have landed in the right place. Have you ever seen the spectacle of the Kerala boat race? It is a beautiful sight and the spirit can be felt by one and all during the competition. The Kerala boat race is 8 centuries old and is celebrated every year during Onam the harvest festival in autumn. The racers race to the beating of traditional drums and songs and it invokes a spirit like no other.
Rowing is famous not only for its competitions but also for its health benefits. The very act of rowing itself exercises all your muscles and is considered a full-body exercise. So, if you want to try out rowing yourself and want to exercise all the muscles in your body then don start hunting for the nearest water body because thanks to technology rowing machines have been invented.
Rowing machines you ask? These are machines that work out your entire body without having to row them in water. You can even find them in gyms and can be purchased to use at home. In the following section, I have discussed the best rowing machine in India in much more detail.
What is a rowing machine?
A rowing machine is a stationary machine that mimics the act of rowing a boat and can be used on land in the convenience of your home or gym. It is the latest fitness machine to come out that works out your whole body and has both cardio and endurance training benefits.
So, to reap the benefits of rowing you don’t have to be a competitive rower at all. It is clear that rowing has many health benefits and you can look at competitive rowers and the boatmen of Kerala to see how fit they are. In the next section, I have discussed the benefits of the rowing machine you can easily acquire at home.
Advantages of a rowing machine
Rowing enables a fill boy workout and targets your quadriceps, calves, glutes in your legs and your pecs, obliques, abdominal muscles, and arms in your upper body. People of all fitness levels can certainly give this machine a try. A drop in patients’ cholesterol levels and an improvement in their back strength and trunk flexion could be witnessed.
Surprisingly, rowing is a low-impact exercise. It burns serious calories without adding stress to your joints and is a great exercise for recovery. It also promotes the release of endorphins the feel-good hormones that reduce stress and increase happiness.
As a cardio exercise rowing strengthens your cardiovascular system. Rowing is intense and this in turn improves heart strength as it needs to pump more blood to the body during the exercise. The combination of building your endurance along with the cardio of rowing helps you gain more strength and toned muscles.
Compared to the elliptical or the common treadmill the rowing machine makes a great workout machine. On the treadmill, you may mostly get the benefits of cardio exercise and the lower half of your body is exercised but on a rowing machine you get the twin benefits of cardio and strength training and your whole body is worked out.
You don’t need to be a professional to work out on the rowing machine just the basics will do. It has a lot of benefits and if you are into fitness, want to lose weight, get into shape and experience the benefits of a strong and healthy body then in the next section I have listed the best rowing machine in India that are available online.
List of the best rowing machine for home in India
Following is the list of the best rowing machine in India
01. Flexnest Flexrower Plus
FlexnestFlexrower Plus | Bluetooth Enabled Water Rower Rowing Machine for Home is a rowing machine made from ash wood and uses water to provide resistance making it quite effective. There is a dedicated Flexnest app that supports many workouts by trainers. It is Bluetooth enables and you can connect your devices to this machine while working out.
- It provides an actual water rowing experience due to the water resistance
- It has a contoured seat that takes the shape of your legs and glutes as you row
- It can be folded and stored vertically occupying the least space when not in use
- It has 100 levels of resistance
02. Stunner Fitness SRX-550
Stunner Fitness SRX-550 Magnetic Rowing Machine is a magnetic rowing machine made from a steel alloy. It comes equipped with an LCD monitor that can track important parameters. There is a built-in magnetic flywheel providing 10 levels of adjustable resistance. It can support a maximum weight of 110 kgs.
- It has an ergonomically padded seat that supports your bottom and back while performing the exercise
- There is a 15-degree inclination that ensures a natural rowing motion and puts less stress on your joints
- It can be folded and stored vertically occupying the least space when not in use
- The pedals are anti-slip and suitable for any foot size
- The machine comes with a 1-year warranty
03. IRIS Fitness Hydraulic Rowing Machine Rower
IRIS Fitness Hydraulic Rowing Machine Rower is a rowing machine that uses a hydraulic mechanism and is made from a combination of steel alloy and aluminum. The hydraulic mechanism has a cylinder for resistance and engages your muscles for a total workout. The steel frame is rustproof and light and is highly durable.
- There are 4 levels of adjustment resistance
- It has non-slip pedals with Velcro straps and a soft cushioned seat
- The armrests rotate 360 degrees giving your arms and body a thorough workout
- The cushioned seat effortlessly glides across the slide rail supports longer rides
04. PowerMax Fitness RH-250 Foldable Rowing Machine
PowerMax Fitness RH-250 Foldable Rowing Machine is a magnetic rowing machine with a 4 kg flywheel and has 8 levels of resistance. The machine can support a maximum weight of 120 kgs and comes equipped with an LCD monitor that tracks your progress as you exercise. It is easily foldable and can be stored vertically.
- The handlebar is anti-skid and is covered with foam grips allowing for longer and more intense workouts
- The foot pedals come with straps and are ant-slip. Can accommodate any shoe size
- The seat is padded and moulded. It is contoured as well and maximises your comfort so that you can work out for a long time
- The machine comes with a 1 year warranty and a lifetime warranty on the frame.
05. Flexnest Flexrower Basic
FlexnestFlexrower | Smart Bluetooth-Enabled Magnetic Rower Rowing Machine for Home is another model by Flexnest which makes use of magnetic resistance instead of water. It is Bluetooth enabled and you can connect your smart devices to gain access to their trainer-led workout sessions.
- It has a comfortable contoured seat that takes the shape of your legs and glutes as you row
- The machine comes equipped with wheels making it easy to move around
- It has 8 levels of magnetic resistance
- The machine can be used for different kinds of workouts as well
06. Dolphy Foldable 8-Level Magnetic Resistance Rowing Machine
Dolphy Foldable 8-Level Magnetic Resistance Rowing Machine with Transport Wheels is an aluminium rowing machine that comes with magnetic resistance. The flywheel weighs 5 kgs and offers 8 levels of magnetic resistance. It comes with a digital monitor that tracks your workout in real time. It is compact and fold-able and since it has wheels it can be moved around easily.
- It has a high strength traction band and comes with a multi-functional display
- The seat cushion has 4 wheels which smoothly glide over the aluminium alloy body
- The handles are padded with foam and allow a wide range of motion
- It can support a maximum weight of 150 kg
07. Aerofit Aluminum Rowing Machine AF-803
AerofitAluminum Rowing Machine AF-803 is a magnetic rowing machine from the well-known brand Aerofit. It has a 5 kg flywheel and offers 10 levels of magnetic resistance. It comes equipped with an LCD screen that tracks all the important parameters as you workout. It is easily foldable when not in use.
- It has ergonomically designed seats and handlebars
- The machine is made from aluminium making it rustproof
- It has wheels making it portable and easy to transport
- The machine comes with a 1 year warranty
08. PowerMax Fitness RH-150 Foldable Exercise Rowing Machine
PowerMax Fitness RH-150 Foldable Exercise Rowing Machine with Magnetic Resistance is a good machine that offers 8 levels of magnetic resistance and can support a maximum weight of 135 kgs. The sliding rail is made from aluminium alloy and supports a well-designed seat. It has an LCD screen displaying the important parameters.
- The machine makes use of pull rope technology for the arms
- It has adjustable foot straps and can support any shoe size
- It has a comfortable seat and comes equipped with transportation wheels
- It is easy to fold and store
- The machine comes with a 1 year warranty
The list above isn’t exhaustive and you can find more models offline. It is recommended to purchase such machines offline as you will have a better grasp of the product. In the next section, I have written a buying guide that will help you buy the best rowing machine in India.
How to buy a rowing machine in India?
There are many types of rowing machines based on the resistance they provide. There are the water rowers where water offers the resistance, there are magnetic rowers where magnetic strength provides resistance and the air rowing machine where air gives the resistance. In India currently, there are more magnetic resistance models than any other model.
Here are some pointers I have shared that will help you select the rowing machine most suited to your lifestyle.
- Always avoid buying a lower-end model. Focus on the build and quality of the rowing machine. Opt for a mid-tier machine where you are not compromising on the quality and the features. A good machine will give you a good rowing experience.
- Try out the machine first. You can do this by checking it out in your local gym. It is preferable to buy this machine offline rather than online because at stores you can ask for a demo and test it out. This will put you in a better position to judge the features and the quality.
- Pay attention to the noise level generated by the machine, the ease of maintenance it provides and the storage of the machine. A rowing machine that has detachable parts is easier to fix whereas the one with complicated parts like a chain or a fan may have to be fixed by a professional.
- Rowing machines occupy a lot of floor space and if you live in atiny apartment they can occupy most of your living area. Opt for machines that are foldable, and can be stored easily when not in use.
- Look for rowing machines that have a comfortable seat as they will enable you to work out for a long time. Though water and air resistance rowing machines are preferred magnetic resistance rowing machines can be adjusted to various levels and can be aligned to achieve your fitness goals.
- Look into the warranty and price of the machine. Looking at many models both offline and online as well will give you better information about the machine and you can negotiate for the price better. Opt for machines from reputed brands as they will have good warranty terms and have robust customer service to help with all your queries.
The tips I have shared aren’t exhaustive but as this machine is new, learning more about it will certainly help you in negotiating with the seller for better terms. I hope my buying guide helps you in buying The best rowing machine in India
The rowing machine is the latest to hit the fitness circuit worldwide. It is very popular in the West where gyms regularly have this machine. It is fast catching up in India as well as people can see there are a lot of benefits attributed to this machine. This machine is convenient to use, mimics the act of rowing precisely and you can do it from your home.
Having more benefits than any other exercise machine a rowing machine is efficient and works effectively. The very act of rowing is therapeutic and creates a good mind-body connection. I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post on the best rowing machines in India. Hopefully, it motivated you to invest in fitness religiously and increased your awareness of the latest trends in the fitness world.
Frequently Asked Questions
Rowing exercise will target your whole body and if there is a calorie deficit it will be accompanied by weight loss. Targeted fat loss is not controllable and reduction in belly fat depends on factors like your genes.
The American Heart Association recommends getting minutes of rowing exercise done per week. If you complete a 20 min HIIT workout on the rowing machine then you are halfway through achieving your goal.
Yes, it has been scientifically proven to be more effective than a treadmill and there is a lot of scientific literature available that extols the benefits of a rowing machine. It helps you improve your fitness, lose weight, improve general well-being and restore your health.
People have experienced a lot of benefits from rowing regularly. When accompanied by an overall calorie deficit not only will you lose weight but the toned arm and legs will help you get into shape.