If you are someone who loves working out with dumbbells at home, you can easily relate that having a solid rack is very important. It is obvious that you don’t want to see all your equipment scattered here and there. Thus, having a solid dumbbell rack can help your equipment stay organized and make it easy to access. There are many types of racks available in the market, you can choose the one according to your requirements. It depends on a lot of factors like, the type of dumbbells you own, the amount of space you have in your house, or the number of dumbbells you have. Buying the best dumbbell rack might sound easy but is not. There are too many options which holds full potential to confuse you. In that case this article comes at your rescue. It has been designed by compiling all the required information related to dumbbell rack. Besides, a list of best dumbbell rack for home is prepared by covering information such as product description, pros and cons to help you make a better decision. The products mentioned in the list are picked after comparing all the related products available in the market. We kept in mind some important factors like, how much space the dumbbell rack takes up and the overall sturdiness offered by its design. But before diving right into the list, let us know a little bit more about dumbbell rack for home.
How many types of dumbbell rack are there?
There are several types of dumbbell rack available in the market. Each have its own Pro and cons. But it is important to know about the types so that you can get an idea of what to look for, and which one do you need. Following are some common types of dumbbell rack:
Tree Weight Racks: These types of racks are very small and compact. It is ideal for people who don’t have much space in their house and have limited equipment to store. Besides, this type of rack is generally only suitable for neoprene weights or very light dumbbells.
A-Frame Racks: This type of racks can generally hold around 5 to 6 pairs of weights. In fact, some can even hold up to 10 pairs as well. These are also very compact. However, these are not very sturdy and is not an ideal choice for you, if you own heavier dumbbells. Although, if your collection is limited to average weighted dumbbells, you must go for this type of racks.
Horizontal Shelves: This type of dumbbell rack is a more convenient option. It comes in various sizes, from which you can select the one that is fit for you. Besides, it saves you some space on depth. But it might not be a very good option to organise heavy weights, as there are chances that you will bang the upper shelf.
Staggered Shelves: According to the people’s opinion, this is the best type of dumbbell rack. The staggered shelves are easier to access weights. Besides, the design is also very sturdy, durable and can accommodate weights of different sizes and types. However, nothing is perfect. It only has one issue, that it takes up a bit more space. So, if the gym area of your home is small, this is not an ideal choice for you.
List of Best Dumbbell Racks for Home:
So, are you confused about which one should you buy and what are the best options? Here comes the list that will help you make a better decision. Besides, to make your life a little bit easier the links to the products are attached respectively so that you can get it all in just a click. Now, without further ado, let’s find out the best dumbbell racks for home:
01. Marcy Dumbbell Weight Rack
Marcy Dumbbell Weight Rack is made of commercial-grade steel. It has a powder-coated finishing; thus, it can take loads while resisting damage to offer you long-lasting utility and can support a total weight of up to 1,000lbs. Besides, its multi-tiered design can accommodate all your weights, so that all your dumbbells can fit into its frame. Also, it comes with rubberized feet, which can ensure that your floors will not suffer from any scratches due to the rack.
02. Leeway Dumbbell Weight Rack Storage Stand
Leeway Dumbbell Weight Rack Storage Stand is an excellent pick for you. It is constructed from heavy-duty commercial-grade steel to ensure that your weights would not fall off, and it provides plenty of room for all of your weights. It is a 2-tier rack that allows you to choose and pick up the weight you need and put them back with ease. All in all, it can be excellent storage if you have a bigger workout space.
03. HASHTAG FITNESS Weight Stand to Carry PVC, Rubber, and Steel Weights Home Gym equipment
HASHTAG FITNESS Plate/Weight Stand comes in a simple and compact design. It is just perfect for users who own just a few pairs of dumbbells or own small spaces with little room for a rack. It is made of high-grade steel material which automatically makes it super durable. It can accommodate dumbbells weighing between five and thirty pounds.
04. CAP Barbell A-Frame Dumbbell Rack
CAP Barbell A-Frame Dumbbell Rack is an excellent choice for people who have small accommodation. It can hold up to 200lbs of total weight. It has been carefully designed to hold 5 pairs of the CAP hex dumbbells that can weight anywhere from 5lbs to 25lbs. However, you can also use it for storing hex-shaped dumbbells from other brands as well. This A-frame design saves a lot of space and keeps all of your dumbbells and weights neatly tucked in one organized space. It is formed out of good quality, durable steel material that is bound to provide long-lasting utility. Besides, the rack overall weights just 11lbs, which means, you can easily move it from one place to another according to your convenience.
05. Protoner 3 in 1 Dumbbell Rack, Plate Stand and bar Holder
Protoner 3 in 1 Dumbbell Rack, Plate Stand and bar Holder is one of the best and multipurpose Dumbbell Rack. It is a combination of dumbbell rack, plates tree, and rod holder. It is specially designed for customers who like to workout in house but don’t want to compromise on the ambiance of gym. It can hold weight up to 400 kgs, excluding Plates, Rods and Dumbbells. It had powder coated paint which provides longer durability.
How to buy the best dumbbell rack for home: A buying guide?
It is very obvious that working out from the comfort of home is the best. It is easier to follow the routine while you engage yourself at home. But, as a matter of fact, it can’t be avoided that setting up a workout space or room at home, organization and proper placement of the weights is really difficult. Specially, in case of dumbbells. These are essential workout equipment and are exceptionally versatile for home workout routines. However, these are mostly compact and can mostly fit into any corner of a room. But, if you own more than a single pair of dumbbells, you will soon discover the need for a dedicated space to store them. Thus, in such situation, the best arrangement plat is to set of dumbbells in a standard dumbbell rack. A basic dumbbell rack is a solid frame, which is a stand with rails built to organise and hold dumbbell pairs of different sizes and weights.
However, purchasing something in the increasingly popular gym equipment market can be very confusing, especially if you are a beginner. In the present generation, almost everyone is fitness-conscious, and the market has addressed this heightened demand by offering a plethora of options. To solve this problem, here we have picked out some important factors which you should consider while buying a dumbbell rack.
- Size and Weight Capacity: Generally, maximum dumbbell racks have standard size specifications tailored to the different dumbbell sizes that are commonly in use. So, any dumbbell rack that you are going to buy must have the capacity to hold the dimensions and weights of your entire dumbbell set. Consider the number of dumbbells you own and how much they weight collectively. Next, match these to the specifications of the, so that you can ensure that you are buying the one that is a best fit for your needs. Also, consider looking if the rack would hold adjustable or fixed-weight dumbbells should be taken into serious consideration. By doing this you can get a clear idea of the size of the dumbbell rack you need to buy. Another determining factor in choosing the size of a dumbbell rack is the space available to place it. Let’s be practical, a dumbbell rack will take up a significant amount of space in your workout room, and there are innumerable compact options available in the market which you can consider. So, it is very important to look for the available space and positioning for the rack to pick the right one.
- Structure: Next factor is the structure. Your rack needs to be sturdy to be efficient. It must have a solid build quality and structure that can hold the combined weight of several dumbbells. Generally, dumbbell racks are made from heavy gauge steel, and the excellent strength of this material allows them to comfortably support an entire dumbbell set with ease. Besides, the design plays an important part in the total weight capacity of dumbbell rack as well. For instance, A-frame racks have a sturdy design which is capable of holding heavy dumbbells without wobbling. And of course, rectangular racks are also pretty strong, with some variants offering a weight capacity of up to 1,000lbs. Thus, consider looking for the total weight that a rack can accommodate before purchasing a product. Also, it is very important that the rack you choose is built to last, and not cave under the weight of the dumbbells.
- Tiers: Basically, the number of tiers on a dumbbell rack is the number of levels available to store your dumbbells. Usually, there are two, three, or four-tiered dumbbell racks, and vertical racks might offer even more. The tier you need depends entirely on how many dumbbells you want to store on the rack. Spare some time and see that triangular-shaped dumbbell racks are mostly recommended for personal or home use. They are the best option if you have small accommodation or space in your home, as they have compact dimensions. However, Flat-tiered racks can be more suitable for professional use or the dumbbells that you want to store are more in number.
- Budget: Money is an essential part of all our lives. We earn money so that we can get all that we want. However, no one would like to spend money unnecessarily. It is your responsibility to see that your hard earned money must get invested in right place. Same goes with dumbbells. The price range for dumbbell racks can be very wide, but there is a dumbbell rack for every budget. You can select the best according to your preferences. However, it is advisable to buy the full set of dumbbells along with the accompanying rack. It might although cost you a little extra but the complete set offers standard quality at a cheaper price when compared to buying the dumbbells and rack separately. Although, if you already own dumbbells, you can only go for a rack.
Here is all that you need to know about the Best Dumbbell Rack for Home. We hope that the article could prove itself useful and was helpful to you in making a better decision. Besides, all the products mentioned in the list have been selected on the basis of reviews, ratings and after conducting precise research. They are all loved and trusted by the people of the country for various reasons. The aim of this article was not just to help you shop the best dumbbell rack for your home, but to provide precise information regarding the same. Besides, we care about your comfort and thus to make your shopping experience hassle-free, the links of the products are attached along with their details respectively.
We hope that this article could help you clear all the doubts and confusions regarding the best dumbbell rack for home. However, if you still have other questions in your mind, following are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) which we have answered for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Dumbbell racks are available in different types and sizes, there is no exact figure for how much space you need. However, it may be a good idea to physically measure your space and then select a dumbbell rack that sits well in your home.
Each dumbbell rack can accommodate a different number of dumbbells depending on its size and number of tiers. Generally, a compact rack can accommodate up to six pairs, while a large-sized rack can accommodate an entire full set of dumbbells.
Basically, a dumbbell rack can provide storage space for your dumbbells. Besides, it is not just about making sure they are all kept in one place when not in use. The design of the rack makes it much easier to organize the weights by size.