A sewing machine is used for sewing clothes of different types and materials. It is done by using threads. These machines have different names in different regions. It is known as the Silai machine in India and is widely used in the region. There are innumerable sewing industries in India. Sewing has been a part of Indian culture for ages and is also done with hands in many places. However, with time sewing machine has captured the market with a Strom. With a sewing machine, you can save a lot of time and effort. Surprisingly, you can stitch a cloth using a sewing machine in just 30 minutes to 1 hour, which might take 3 hours or more to stitch the same by using just hands. Besides, sewing machines are very easy to use and can increase the efficiency of stitching.
Moreover, by sewing clothes using a sewing machine you can make your clothes look professionally stitched. Also, it can help you save money as they decrease the requirements of seeking help from a tailor to stitch your outfit. You can learn and easily stitch your own clothes. Or even can start your own business and earn money by stitching for others.
In India, it is seen that sewing machine is used widely, especially by women. There are many types of sewing machines that are available in the market. Popular designers use sewing machines that are computerized. These sewing machines are portable and can be carried anywhere according to your comfort. Today, in this post I will try to guide you to select the best sewing machine in India for beginners.
What are the different types of domestic sewing machines?
Domestic sewing machines are available in five types in the Indian market. They are used for different purposes and types of stitching. Let us know about the different types of sewing machines now:
01. Mechanical Sewing Machine:
These types of sewing machines are the basic machines. It is known as a tailoring machine, treadle sewing machine, manual machine, or domestic sewing machine. It is the best type of sewing machine and is an ideal pick for beginners. In this type of machine, all the general settings are done manually. However, these types of machines don’t come with many exciting features, but they are not very expensive and can be repaired very easily. Besides, if we compare mechanical sewing machines to electronic sewing machines and computerized sewing machines. The mechanical sewing machine comes with a built-in presser that can be operated with feet, a bottom loading Bobbin, adjustable stitch length and Tension, and a single straight and reverse stitch pattern. However, its latest models have more than one stitch pattern.
02. Electronic Sewing Machine:
This type of sewing machine is an advanced version of the mechanical sewing machine or a combination of the computerized sewing machine and a mechanical sewing machine. It has got various features in it and thus is widely popular in the Indian market. Currently, people are more interested in DIY pieces, and with an electronic sewing machine, you can very efficiently DIY any decorative crafts of your choice.
03. Computerized Sewing Machines:
Just like its name it is a sewing machine with high and advanced technology. It can be connected to a computer, internet, and micro SD cards. This type of sewing machine is ideal for industrial use. It has an in-built capacity of stitching a minimum number of 40-50 and a maximum of 150- 200.
04. Embroidery sewing machines:
These types of sewing machines are made for designers. You can design and embroider different patterns on your clothes with this sewing machine. Usually, you can use an electronic sewing machine to embroider and can also add an embroidering presser foot to it. It is suggested that beginners must select a zigzag machine that is best for doing basic embroidery.
05. Overlocker Sewing Machine or Serger:
This type of sewing machine is known by different names in different countries. In India, it is known as overlocks sewing machines. It is used to overlock seam clothes. To simplify the concept, this machine is used to join or sew the borders of the fabric together. This machine is widely used by professionals or regular tailors for giving the end look to the garments. This machine is also used by garment companies to work on the borders of the fabrics such as elastic Hemming or elastic seaming in lingerie designing, edging napkins or curtains, overlocking on pillow covers, etc.
However, if you are planning to buy a sewing machine and you are new to sewing, it can be really tricky for you to bring home the best for yourself. This article is here to help you out with all the problems that you might face in the process of buying a sewing machine for yourself. In this article, you will also find a list of the best sewing machine in India for beginners, which includes all the required information which will help you get a smooth shopping experience. You will also know which sewing machine is best for home use. Besides, keeping your comfort a priority, we have attached the links to the products respectively.
List of Best Sewing Machine in India for Beginners:
So, let’s not delay any further and find out which are the best sewing machine in India for beginners.
01. Brother Feature-Rich Sewing Machine
Brother Feature-Rich Sewing Machine is a product of a very popular brand Brother. It is formulated with top-quality materials, yet the brand managed to provide the best products at a very reasonable price. It is a premium-quality sewing machine and is an ideal pick for you if you are a beginner. With this machine, you can not only experience your learning phase smoothly but also can use it later for sewing standard assignments. It with an LCD, with which you can easily change the stitch width, length, etc.
- Brother Feature-Rich Sewing Machine is perfect for a wide range of sewing.
- To make your stitching experience better, you can control speed and adjust it accordingly.
- You can get a large LCD display in this product which will help you check and fix the settings.
- This product comes with different features and is very accessible.
- It comes with an option for an extension table.
- Brother Feature-Rich Sewing Machine doesn’t come with any case.
02. Usha Janome Dream Maker 120
Usha is one of the most trusted electronics brands in India and is well-known for the quality of products they provide. Usha Janome Dream Maker 120 35-Watt Computerized Sewing Machine is an automatic sewing machine, which will help you stay relaxed and stress-free. It is formed by compiling advanced features, which will definitely impress you. This machine is extremely durable and it comes with a strong base. In fact, the brand claims that if you stitch your clothes using this machine you can get three-time stronger outputs in comparison to any other machines. Besides, it is reliable and you will not find a single negative reason to say “No” to this product.
- Usha Janome Dream Maker 120 35-Watt Computerized Sewing Machine is perfect as it is a lightweight machine, which can be used by anyone.
- You can easily carry this machine anywhere of your choice, as it comes with a carrying handle.
- The free arm feature of this product will make your stitching operation very comfortable.
- With its excellent stitching speed of 860 stitches per minute, you can surely get your big projects done in a shorter time.
- It comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- Usha Janome Dream Maker 120 35-Watt Computerized Sewing Machine doesn’t come with any LED display.
03. Singer Simple 3223
Singer Simple 3223 85-Watt Automatic Sewing Machine is considered one of the best-computerised sewing machines in India. It is formed by compiling many advanced features. You can easily use this machine as it is super accessible. If you are a beginner you are going to love this product. It comes at an affordable price but for that, it compromises with no features.
- Singer Simple 3223 85-Watt Automatic Sewing Machine is an ideal pick for both beginners and advanced or professional sewers.
- It is comfortable and has a durable design.
- This sewing machine can easily sew heavy fabrics.
- It comes with a front-loading bobbin.
- You can use it for sewing free motions such as monograms, or buttons.
- It is a light weighted machine and so you can easily travel and move with it anywhere you like.
- It comes with a warranty period of 2 years.
- Singer Simple 3223 85-Watt Automatic Sewing Machine has no alphabetic patterns.
04. Usha Janome Excella DLX
Usha Excella Computerised Sewing Machine is a great machine that is a combination of comfort and technology. It comes with many exciting features such as a free arm, stitch length selection, and automatic zig-zag. That is not it. This product is very light in weight and compact, so you can store it anywhere you like. Besides, it is super accessible, you can easily do button fixing, blind stitch hemming, zip fixing, and buttonholing with it. Aren’t these all that anyone would want from a sewing machine? So, don’t wait and get it as soon as possible.
- Usha Excella Computerized Sewing Machine is an energy-efficient machine.
- With this, you don’t have to think about maintenance and keep sewing, without any worries.
- It comes at a very affordable price.
- It is small in size and light in weight.
- It creates a minimal amount of noise while operating.
- It comes with an attractive design which will fit well with the interiors of your house.
- Usha Excella Computerized Sewing Machine doesn’t come with any LED display.
05. Bernette Sew & Go 8-197 Stitch Designs Computerized Sewing Machine
Bernette Sew & Go 8-197 Stitch Designs Computerized Sewing Machine is one of the top products in this section. You can get everything with this as a sewer you might wish for. It has in total of 197 stitch patterns, which include one alphabet, one eyelet stitch, and seven buttonholes. It has a 7 mm maximum sewing width and a 5 mm maximum stitch length. It comes with a gorgeous LCD screen, a full rotation drop, auto needle threader, speed regulator, feed dog drop for beautiful free-hand embroidery, manual thread tension adjustment, start and stop button, Memory to combine stitch patterns, and many more.
- Bernette Sew & Go 8-197 Stitch Designs Computerized Sewing Machine is a computerized sewing machine.
- It has around 197 built-in stitching patterns, which include signs, characters, and alphabets.
- It comes with many advanced features such as an LCD screen, auto threader, LED light, and many more.
- It had a direct stitch selection.
- It can sew without the foot control.
- You can start the machine with its start button and stop it with its stop button. Also, you can use the speed regulator to control the speed of the machine.
- The look of the Bernette Sew & Go 8-197 Stitch Designs Computerized Sewing Machine is not very attractive.
A Buying Guide on how to select the best sewing machine in India for beginners?
If you are a beginner in the sewing world and are thinking of buying a sewing machine for the first time, it is very important for you to know that you can’t just go and bring home the first machine that you encounter. Besides, there are plenty of manufacturers and brands available in the Indian market that hold the full potential to confuse you at their best. But, you don’t have to worry. Following are some factors by considering while buying a sewing machine in India for beginners, you can ensure that you will make the right decision:
- Stitches per minute: It is the most important factor that you must look for before getting a sewing machine. Go for a machine that offers the maximum number of stitches per minute. It is suggested that you look for a primary computerized sewing machine that gives 600 stitches every minute.
- Presser Feet Choices: Next, buy a machine that comes with presser feet options. With presser feet, you can easily improve the usability of your sewing machine. Besides, with this feature, you can even get better productivity.
- Noise: You don’t want to end up buying a machine that makes a lot of noise while you are trying to concentrate on your sewing practice. Thus, go for a machine that doesn’t deliver extreme noise.
- Stitches Count: You will find that sewing machines of the current generation come with various stitching patterns. Look for a machine that comes with more than eight stitching pattern options.
- Easily assessable: If you are a beginner you don’t want to encounter some complicated mechanism. The product that you choose must be user-friendly and can be easily used. Buy a product that doesn’t come with very complicated settings and controls.
If you consider these general features in your mind, you can get the best sewing machine in India for beginners. Go for a machine that has good build-in quality. Besides, all the products that are mentioned in the list are from trusted brands and are budget-friendly.
Moreover, all the products that are mentioned in the list are not only the best for beginners but also for advanced and professional sewers. These products are easily available in both online and offline markets. You can select the best according to your requirements and get any of the above-mentioned products or not according to your wish, but follow the given factors while you are buying a sewing machine. So, we hope that this article on the best sewing machine in India for beginners will prove itself a helpful one in your shopping process. However, if you have any other questions that might not have been answered yet, you can check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section that is given below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
If Brother models and Singer models are compared, it is found that the Singer sewing machines come with less complex mechanism and is easily accessible. You will find fewer technical issues with a Singer sewing machine, and thus it is best for beginners.
A computerized sewing machine and a mechanical sewing machine are used in two different departments. However, if compared computerized sewing machine works more conveniently than mechanical machines.
You can learn how to sew at any point of time in your life. It is wholly depended on how interested you are in learning a new thing. It is actually not harder than learning how to build a bookshelf or to bake a cake.
There are basically 5 types of sewing machines available in the Indian market. They are Mechanical Sewing Machine, Electronic Sewing Machine, Computerized or Automated Sewing Machine, Embroidery Machines, and Overlock Sewing Machine.
An electric sewing machine is the same as any regular sewing machine, only if is driven by electrical power. It has a high production capacity which makes it very efficient. It is widely used in industries.