“Cooking is at once child’s play and adult joy. And cooking done with care is an act of love.”- Craig Claiborne
Cooking is a passion for many people and cooking equipment are their first love. One such equipment that cooks are absolutely in love with are knives. A knife plays an important role in the cooking process. You chop, slice, dice and shape your ingredients by using knife. There are various types of knives that are used for different purposes and in different regions. One such type of knives that is receiving lots of love lately are the Japanese knives. It has gained lots of popularity in all over the world. It is loved for its unique, gorgeous and detailed design. The blade of this type of knives are comparatively delicate and thin, and thus you can use it to cut precise, beautiful and thin cuts for your presentation, just like you find in a top-class restaurant. If you are also a lover of Japanese knives and is thinking to add one in your collection, you came at the right place. In this article we have listed the best Japanese chef knife online India. Besides, we have also attached all the required details and links of the products for your convenience. Today, in this post I will try to guide you to select the best Japanese chef knife online India.
List of best Japanese knife online India:
Buying a Japanese knife might sound tempting but it is obvious that you don’t want to end up buying something that you regret later. Besides, you are not going to buy a new knife every second day. So, to ensure that you bring home the best, we have listed the top knives that you would love to add into your collection as soon as you land your eyes into it. They are all from renowned and trustworthy brands. This list can be really temperature, and you might even end up buying more than just one Japanese knife. So, let’s not keep you waiting for any longer and get started with the list of best Japanese chef knife online India.
01. Shun VG-10 Stainless Steel Chef’s Knife
Shun VG-10 Stainless Steel Chef’s Knife is considered as one of the best Japanese knives that are available in the market. It is sturdy and feels solid as you hold it in your hand. With this knife you can get a good grip and hold it safely in your palm. The weight of this product is just perfect, it is light enough for slicing vegetables and heavy enough to help you cut the meat easily. This knife is covered with Damascus steel. Besides, it has got a beautiful pattered design which makes it look super attractive. It comes with a ‘PakkaWood’ handle, which is very durable and comfortable. You can keep using this knife for a long time without worrying about sharpening it.
- Shun VG-10 Stainless Steel Chef’s Knife is suitable for both home cooks and professional chefs.
- It is a multi-purpose cutter. It has got a perfect weight and you can chop vegetables, fruits or even meats with this.
- It is very comfortable to hold as it comes with a D shaped handle which is made of ‘PakkaWood’.
- Its curved belly creates a motion, which is a fit for any cutting technique.
- With this product you don’t have to worry about sharpening it frequently, as it stays sharp for a longer period.
- Shun VG-10 Stainless Steel Chef’s Knife can be expensive for some people.
02. Global Model X Chef’s Knife
Global Model X Chef’s Knife is very different from all the other options that are available in the market. It is made of stainless steel and is a multi-purpose knife. With the scalloped grooves curved on the sides of the knife, you can say goodbye to the friction and sticking of foods into your knife. It is all you need for mincing, cutting, slicing, chopping, etc. It also comes with very unique features, i.e., its edge, which is its signature and the way it is balanced. The knife is sharp from both sides of the blade, resembling Western style knives.
- Global Model X Chef’s Knife is one of the best sellers.
- It comes with an exclusive design with wider blade that is made of stainless steel known as Cromova 18.
- You can achieve the desired weight and have the ultimate control over the knife because of its hollow handle that is filled with sand.
- It is a made in Japan product which comes with a warranty of lifetime.
- Global Model X Chef’s Knife is not rust resistant.
03. Miyabi 34073-203 Chef’s Knife
Miyabi 34073-203 Chef’s Knife is more like a beautiful piece of art. It is made of stainless steel and dark wood, which makes it look gorgeous. Besides, it is not just beautiful but is also very comfortable. Its wooden handle is extremely smooth and can give you a good grip. Also, the soothing, marbled colour enhances the steel blade, which has beautiful floral damask pattern on it. To preserve edge retention, it has a powder steel core surrounded by 100 layers of two different steels.
- Miyabi 34073-203 Chef’s Knife has got a beautiful design overall.
- It is made of stainless steel and dark wood
- It has got beautiful patterns designed on the blade.
- It comes with wooden handle which is extremely smooth and can give you a good grip.
- Miyabi 34073-203 Chef’s Knife can be bit expensive for some people.
04. Mac Knife Professional Hollow Edge Chef’s Knife
Mac Knife Professional Hollow Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch is another product that is loved widely. It is a light weight and sharp knife which holds the potential to steal your heart. It comes with a thing blade and towards the edge you will find dimples type curving are done, which can help you say bye to sticking of foods while cutting. With it, slicing boiled potatoes and other vegetables are not any more a task but is more like fun. However, you must take good care of it, and thus it is suggested to wash and dry immediately after using. Doing so will help you prevent rusting of the high-carbon, alloy blade.
- Mac Knife Professional Hollow Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch is a very light weight and sharp knife.
- It comes with dimples like curving that helps avoiding the sticking of foods like apples, boiled veggies, potatoes, etc. into the knife.
- It is loved by people from around the world for its light weight.
- It comes with a very comfortable handle.
- Mac Knife Professional Hollow Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch is not a dishwasher safe product.
05.Kai Benifuji Stainless Steel Chef Knife
Kai Benifuji Stainless Steel Chef Knife, 1-Piece, Black & Silver (with Free Mini Knife Sharpener), Standard, (AB – 5440) is a lovely option for you, if you are looking for a good Japanese knife in budget. It is a product of a very renowned cooking appliances and grooming brand. They are dedicated I’m provide the best products to their customers. The design of the product is very aesthetic yet practical. You will definitely fall in love with its overall appearance. Besides, it obtains liner cuts. Its blade is flat and curves a little around the tip which will help you get a lovely precooking experience. The handle of the product is made from solid ‘Pakka Wood’ with which you get easily get a firm grip while cutting your subject. Also, it is a multi-purpose knife and can be used for dicing, chopping, and slicing different foods like meats, fruits, vegetables, seafood products or even nuts and seeds.
- Kai Benifuji Stainless Steel Chef Knife, 1-Piece, Black & Silver (with Free Mini Knife Sharpener), Standard, (AB – 5440) is very affordable.
- It has a very attractive and sturdy design.
- It is made of stainless steel and its handle is made from solid ‘Pakka Wood’.
- It is a multi-purpose knife and can be used for dicing, chopping, and slicing different foods like meats, fruits, vegetables, seafood products, etc.
- The blade of the product is made from razor sharp carbon stainless steel.
- Kai Benifuji Stainless Steel Chef Knife, 1-Piece, Black & Silver (with Free Mini Knife Sharpener), Standard, (AB – 5440) is not rust resistant.
How to buy the best Japanese Chef Knife online India: A Buying Guide?
You might think that which Japanese knife can be the best for you. So, remember there is no such thing known as best knife. The knife that works the best for you is the best knife. However, while you are shopping for Japanese knives there are a few things that you must look for.
Purpose: Consider thinking about the fact that what are you going to use the knife for. Acknowledge that the requirement of a home cook and a professional chef is typically different. Where professional chefs mostly use their knives around 35 hours a week, a typical home cook might use it for around 30 minutes s day on an average. Considering that factor in mind, it is recommended that if you are a professional chef go for a heavy-duty blades with a good edge retention. However, for home cooks, go for a Japanese knife that you can sharpen easily.
Comfortable handle: Also consider looking for a knife which you can hold comfortably. Because, if you don’t get a firm grip, you won’t be successful in cutting your vegetables, meats, etc. properly. Besides, go for a knife that has wooden handle, as they are sturdy, smooth and comparatively is more comfortable to work with.
Stainless steel blades: Go for a knife that has stainless steel blades. As, the knife will have close contact with the food you will eat or serve, it is very much that blades are not made of any harmful substances. Stainless steel ensures that it is not passing any harmful substances into your food.
Easy to maintain: Now, you don’t want to add up more work to your list. Thus, buy a knife that is easy to maintain. Select the one which you don’t have to sharpen every now and then.
So, what are you waiting for? You have known about Japanese chef knife online India, and now you can get the right one for yourself. The products that are mentioned in the list are available both in online and offline markets. However, check the reviews properly before making a purchase online. And if you are thinking to buy any of these products offline, you surely can, however, stay aware of the fraud sellers, as there are many who can design and make the product look the same but the quality will be highly questionable.
Besides, you can also check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section below to get quick answers to your queries.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
We all know the best, costs the highest. The reason why Japanese Knives are bit into the expensive side is because they are made of high-end materials that cost more, they require extra labour of forge welding together multiple layers.
So, the answer is yes. Buying a Japanese Knife is absolutely worth every penny that you will pay. It is more like a definition of sharpness and durability.
Japanese knives are loved by people from all around the globe. It is popular due it many reasons. Such as:
* It is light in weight.
* You can balance it easily in your hand.
* It is made of steel that is thin, hard and can hold an edge for longer time.
The thin, and light blade of a Japanese Knife is best for fine, delicate tasks, like cutting vegetables or slicing fish.
No, Japanese knives are not very good for cutting through bones. Usually, the bones of bigger animals like goat, ship, pig, etc. can be too dense to be cut by a Japanese Knife.