Have you always been on a quest for fitness? Has your journey for weight loss been arduous? Do you yoyo between alternating periods of fat and lean? With several lockdowns and gyms closing down everywhere, I am sure you must have found it difficult to maintain your fitness. Well, now you need not worry anymore.
Because home workouts are the solution. So, what if gyms have closed down everywhere. You can always work out at home at your convenience and at your pace. And honestly, you don’t have to compete with anyone like when you were at your gym. You can at least have that peace of mind when you work out at home as you become your own competition.
To make your workout more effective you can invest in a pull-up bar. Pull up bars are designed in several styles to work out your entire body. Adding a pull-up bar to your fitness routine will not only help you lose weight but will do wonders for your stamina and core strength. Today, in this post I will try to guide you to select the best pull up bar for the home in India.
There are many advantages of the pull-up bar and I have shared them below:
Advantages of the pull-bar:
A pull-up bar is instrumental in keeping you fit. If you install it in the room where you regularly work out then its very presence will be a constant reminder for you to work out. This will motivate you to work out better strengthening your muscles and joints.
- Several exercises can be performed on the pull-up bar. You can exercise all your muscles including your glutes and buttocks. The benefits aren’t restricted to the upper body only.
- Regularly using a pull-up bar can also improve your grip strength. This has a positive impact on many aspects of your life. Improved grip strength means you can play sports like tennis or shuttle cock better. Tasks like opening jars and carrying groceries become very easy.
- Your general health will also improve. Not only will you experience weight loss, but you will also be able to build muscles as a pull-up bar strengthens your muscles.
- Strength or resistance training especially on a pull-up bar also improves your mental health. Participants who regularly perform strength training exercises reported improved cognitive function, reduction in anxiety and fatigue, and a significant improvement in self-esteem.
If you want to mix up your fitness routine with a little bit of cardio and some strength training, then you can check out Amazon. Amazon has everything and a pull-up bar is no exception. You can go through the different pull-up bars that are on sale here. I have also listed the best pull up bar for the home in India available here.
List of the best pull-up bars for the home in India
Following is the list of the pull up bar for the home in India
01. Fashnex Pull up Bar, Chin up Bar Door Way Door Mounts for Home
Fashnex Pull up Bar for Home is a black and red steel pull–up bar that can sustain a maximum load of 90 kgs. It is easy to install and can be installed on wooden doors, brick walls, marble walls and metal frame walls. Do not install this bar on glass walls as the glass may not be able to sustain the weight.
- The pull-up bar has a wide grip and is made with heavy duty steel
- The length can be easily adjusted between 60-100 cm
- It has secure brackets to put in the screws to mount the bar safely
- The foam grips provide a strong grip and won’t let you slip
02. Slovic Pull-Up Bar
Slovic Pull-Up Bar for Home Workout is a stainless steel pull-up bar that is very durable and comes with non-slippery foam grips. It can easily support 100 kgs of weight and allows you a range of workouts at home. It is easy to install and can be installed on wooden frame doors as well. It can be fitted with or without screws as it provides both options.
- You can mount it easily and it doesn’t require any screws
- The length can be easily adjusted between 62-100 cm
- It provides for a safe and sturdy mount
- The bar is made from high carbon steel and can be used to perform multiple exercises
03. Bloomingdale Pull Up Bars For Home Workout
Bloomingdale Pull up Bars for Home Workout is a black and red carbon steel pull-up bar that has anti-slip rubber grips covering the entire length of the pull-up bar. The high strength carbon steel bar can hold a maximum weight of 150 kgs and is versatile enough for you to try different routines on it.
- This pull-up bar is easy to assemble and can be installed without screws
- The length can be easily adjusted between 62-90 cm
- You can also adjust the height of the pull-up bar and fix it anywhere on your door frame
- It has a leveller that tells you when the bar is properly balanced
04. The Cube Club Pull Up Bar for Doorway
The Cube Club Pull Up Bar for home gym is a pull-up bar made from carbon steel and comes in 2 different varieties. This yellow and black pull-up bar has anti-slip foam grips and the bar itself is quite sturdy because it is made of carbon steel. It has safety brackets that provide additional safety.
- This pull-up bar can be installed without screws
- The length can be easily adjusted between 69-92 cm
- This pull-up bar is lightweight with stable grip pads offering you the versatility to perform various exercises
- It has a leveller that tells you when the bar is properly balanced
We have also mentioned some of the best wall mounted pull up bars in India
05. Kore K-WM-CHINUP-BAR-SR-ABS Pull-Up Bar
Kore K-WM-CHIN UP-BAR-SR-ABS Pull-Up Bar is a black pull-up bar that is made from a steel alloy. This pull up bar rests on wall mounts that need to be drilled into the walls. The pull-up bar has padded foam grips that offer the extra comfort required to do your workout. This pull-up bar is painted with anti-rust paint and is very durable.
- This equipment comes with abs straps to make your workout more effective
- The grips can offer 3 positions – narrow, neutral and wide
- The bar can withstand 120 kgs of weight
06. ALLYSON FITNESS Heavy Duty Chin Up Bar
ALLYSON FITNESS Heavy Duty Chin Up Bar is a black pull-up bar that is made from steel alloy and has high-density foam grips and a triangle support structure to hold the pull-up bar. This type of pull-up bar is suitable for anyone and everyone.
- The pull-up bar has a sturdy triangular support
- It can be mounted anywhere and isn’t restricted to a door frame
- 1 year warranty and service
07. HASHTAG FITNESS Wall mount pull up bar
HASHTAG FITNESS wall mount pull up bar is a complete pull-up bar that can help you with several workouts. It is equipped with many features and is the perfect addition to your home gym. This pull-up bar is constructed from heavy duty material and provides an all-around workout. It has comfortable grips and cushions and both men and women can use it.
- The bar can withstand 200 kgs of weight
- The pull-up bar can be mounted in various ways to give you a full workout
- It is a multi-functional exercise station and can be mounted on any sturdy wall
08. Protoner Multigrip Wall Mounted Chin up Bar
Protoner Multigrip Wall Mounted Chin up Bar is a white and strong pull-up bar that provides you excellent upper body workout. This pull-up bar needs to be wall-mounted and can withstand a capacity of 150 kgs. It is easy to install and it offers a good grip to the user.
- You can hold 5 different grips on this bar
- It is perfect for upper body workout
- 10 days warranty
09. IRIS Fitness Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar
IRIS Fitness Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar for Home Gym is a black pull-up bar that has triangular support, and comes with anti-slip foam grips. The entire equipment is made from steel alloy and can support a weight of 200 kgs. It is easy to install and can be mounted on concrete or brick wall. It is perfect for exercising indoors as well as outdoors.
- It offers 3 different grip angles
- It is a solid one-piece construction and hence it offers more stability
- It comes with a multi-grip bracket
10. IBS Multifunctional Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar
IBS Multifunctional Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar is a black and red pull-up bar made with heavy duty steel. It can support a weight of 200 kg. It is very versatile and many exercises can be performed on this bar giving you a full-body workout. It has high-density pads and cushions that provide you with the comfort that is needed.
- The pull-up bar can be mounted in several ways and can be used to exercise different muscles
- It also gives you the freedom to add any accessories to it
- The wall support is very stable and rigid.
The models I have mentioned here are gender-inclusive. That means it can be used by both men and women and anyone who wants to exercise. Many of the models I have listed here are sold exclusively on Amazon and are worth checking out. I have also written a buying guide highlighting the factors that will help you in your purchase of a pull up bar for the home in India.
How to buy a pull up bar for the home in India?
Selecting a pull up bar for the home in India is easy but it needs to be done with care. The right pull-up bar will last longer and will become your best friend throughout your fitness journey. That is why making sure you buy the right one is very necessary. Here are a few pointers to consider while buying a pull up bar for the home in India:
- You need to know your weight first. Then make sure the pull-up bar you buy can handle your weight easily. It is better if it can handle more than what you weigh. That way the bar won’t bend or break when you use it. Usually, wall-mounted bars can support a maximum weight of 120 kgs with ease.
- The standard length of a pull-up bar is 2.5 to 3 feet long. They are meant to fit your door frame. You can measure your doorframe using a measuring tape to get a better idea instead of buying this on a fluke.
- Pull up bars can be portable. They can also be permanent. You need to choose accordingly. Portable pull up bars are best if you travel a lot and want to carry them with you. If you live in a rented house and don’t want to drill the walls then opting for a portable pull-up bar might be better. But if you want stability and you have your own house then you can go for a wall-mounted/ permanent pull up bar.
- Steel is the most effective pull-up bar on the market. On Amazon, you can find many metal pull-up bars at very attractive rates. Based on your budget you can opt for other materials as well.
A pull-up bar also needs to be comfortable. So, when you are browsing for different products online I recommend you to go for one that has good foam grips and will offer the necessary comfort.
After the pandemic, one thing, I realised is that it needn’t take a lot of money to get fit. With many people setting up gyms in their homes this situation has never been truer. And a good way to start your fitness journey is by investing in yourself. Even if you are a beginner doing simple exercises on a pull-up bar will still bring you a lot of positive results.
A pull up bar when combined with your overall fitness routine can yield very good results. One of the most effective ways to work out, a pull-up bar can be seen in almost all celebrity homes. So, lets me end this article by asking a question – All fitness journeys have to start from somewhere, so why not at home on a pull-up bar that will promise you results?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Pull-up bars exercise your back, arms and shoulders simultaneously. Certain exercises can be performed that will also exercise your core. You can get a thorough upper body workout.
A pull up bar can certainly be used to build muscles and get ripped. It would be better to incorporate them into your routine along with other exercises to maximise the effectiveness.
Yes! Using a pull-up bar regularly will help you build a lean core in the long term. It also improves the metabolism of the body and increases its capacity to burn fat even when the body is at rest.
If you are a beginner, then it is not recommended to do pull-ups every day as the body needs to get adequate rest to recover. You can perform them every 2 to 3 days and slowly start doing them regularly once you get stronger.