Your body is your responsibility, and it is the most important factor which everyone must consider. Drinking clean and healthy water is the basic requirement for every human being, one must drink a sufficient amount of clean water in order to stay fit and healthy. There can be no fact or explanation that can support drinking contaminated or impure water.
So one of the most important things that must be in your house is a water purifier. This appliance is installed in houses and offices to provide pure, clean, and healthy drinking water. Besides, a water purifier is not just efficient in removing harmful substances from your water, but also restoring the required minerals into it, so that you can consume clean and nutritious water.
The method of purifying water has changed over time, previously people used rock, sand, etc. to purify the water, later water filters came in and now the advanced RO, reverse osmosis water filter is ruling the market. Wondering what is a reverse osmosis water filter? Many of you might not be very familiar with the term and its existence.
Therefore, in this article, we will discuss anything and everything about the same. Moreover, you will also find the list of the best reverse osmosis water filter, which will help you make a better decision while you are planning to get one. But, before that let us try to know some more about the same.
List of the best reverse osmosis water filter in India:
Following is the list of the best RO Water filter available online in India.
01. APEC – Top Tier – Built in USA – Ultra Safe, Premium 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
It is considered one of the best osmosis water filters that are available on the market. It purifies your water in 5 stages and removes 99% of the harmful substances like bacteria, iron, lead, chlorine, fluoride, etc. from your water.
The double carbon blocks of this water purifier improve its performance and make it a popular water filter. You can fit and use it under your kitchen sink or mount it on your wall, according to your preference. This water purifier is suitable for both small and medium-sized families, with a member of 3-5 people. The filter life of this product is six to twelve months depending on the uses.
- This reverse osmosis water filter automatically switches itself off while not in use.
- It comes with a faucet dispenser.
- It uses five-step filtration to purify your water and removes up to 99% of the harmful substances that are present in your water.
- The filter life of this product is six to twelve months.
- This product may not be a great pick for a big family.
02. AQUA TRU Countertop Water Filtration Purification System
It can be the best choice for you if you are looking for something very classy and premium. It is the best pick for people who have less space in their kitchen as it is compact and can be placed under the sink. This purifier has three cartridges that house the sediment, carbon, and reverse osmosis filters.
The product provides about 3 litres of purified water for every one gallon of tap water, and the process as a whole takes minimal time so you can save up some time as well.
- This beautiful water purifier is a premium quality product.
- It has a very decent and attractive design.
- It requires no plumbing.
- The product comes with an innovative filter life indicator feature.
- It is very compact and can be placed under the sink.
- Anyone can easily use it as it is extremely accessible.
- The price of this product can be expensive for some people.
03. iSpring RCC7AK-UV 7-Stage Under-Sink Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System
It is an efficient water purifier that can remove VOCs, sediment, bacteria, and other harmful particles from your water. It purifies your water by using its six-stage filtration system. Select this product if you are looking for a water purifier that can deal with hard water.
The reverse osmosis membrane of this product can last up to three years without any replacement, however, you need to replace the post-carbon filter every year.
- This beautiful water purifier is very efficient and can remove most of the harmful substances from your water.
- It provides the best facilities at the most reasonable price possible.
- It comes with a 75 GDP output.
- It has a re-mineralization filter.
- It comes with a transparent sediment filter.
- This product wastes a huge amount of water during the purification process.
04. Aqua Active Xtreme Misty ROUVCUPH Water Reverse Osmosis 100 GPD System
It is an extremely affordable option. It can be a great pick for you if you are looking for a good RO water filter that is too on a certain budget. Its pre-carbon filter is filled with activated carbon and a granular activated carbon block, which provides full protection to your water from any type of chlorine or other harmful chemicals. It is environmentally friendly and provides a clear natural taste. It eliminated the adverse effects that cause due by the formation of free radicals by oxidation. Besides, it is not just efficient in removing harmful substances from your water but also adds essential elements like magnesium, potassium, calcium, etc. into your water.
- This water filter is both efficient and affordable at the same time.
- It has a very stylish and vibrant look.
- Its pre-carbon filter is filled with activated carbon and a granular activated carbon block, which protects your water from harmful chemicals.
- It is an environmentally friendly water purifier that provides a clear natural taste in your water after purifying.
- It doesn’t only remove harmful substances from the water but also adds essential elements like magnesium, potassium, calcium, etc., into your water.
- The performance quality of this product is not very promising.
- The quality of after-sales customer care support is very poor.
05. Faber FWP Galaxy PRO Reverse Osmosis Water Purifier
It is an ideal pick for you if your family has more than 3 people in it. It comes with a RO Membrane type which ensures fully purified drinking water for you. It comes with an innovative energy-saving mode that automatically turns off power once the water tank is full. It is also an affordable option and requires no installation fee.
- This water filter from Faber is extremely affordable and efficient.
- It comes with a RO Membrane type which ensures fully purified drinking water for you.
- It has an innovative energy-saving mode that automatically turns off power once the water tank is full.
- It purifies your water in 6 stages.
- The brand provides a warranty period of 1 year on this product.
- The after-sales service of this product is very poor.
How to select the best reverse osmosis water filter: A Buying Guide?
Well, you might wonder how difficult it can be to buy a water filter. You can go to the online shopping platforms, pick a brand and place an order.
However, the method is much more crucial than this, there are many other important factors apart from the brand that you must consider while you are selecting the best reverse osmosis water filter.
Of course, you can’t entirely rely on the salesperson as they can be manipulative instead of helpful. Now, are you wondering how will you know what are the important factors? Don’t worry! Following are some of the most important factors which you must consider before buying one:
01. Water Quality:
This is the most important factor which you must consider before buying a water filter. The water that is supplied to your house has different sources, the first thing that you should do is check where your drinking water is sourced.
Next check the level of TDS or Total Dissolved Solids in your water, as the TDS will measure the dissolved combined content in your water. The content can be in any form such as micro-granular suspended, molecular, or ionized forms.
According to WHO it is best to drink water that contains a TDS level of 50 to 120 ppm and a pH of more than 7.4. Besides, your water might also contain other inorganic compounds like sulfates, chlorides, bicarbonates, etc. In that case, you will need a RO or reverse osmosis filter to remove those content.
The factor that you must consider next is contamination. The water delivered to your house contains many heavy metals, which commonly include magnesium, arsenic, iron, copper, and lead. If your water contains these metals in large quantities, it can be extremely toxic and harmful to your health.
In fact, it is also noticed that the water often carries industrial wastes along with it. RO or reverse osmosis can help you remove all these harmful particles from your drinking water. Go for a reverse osmosis water filter that purifies your water by using ultraviolet (UV) technology. It will help you in removing harmful particles, without removing the essential minerals from your drinking water.
03. Water Pressure:
Next, consider checking if the water pressure of your water source is high. This factor will help you determine whether you should consider buying the product or not.
Remember, a good reverse osmosis water purifier system will not only work well in high water pressure but also where the water pressure is comparatively low. Some brands also recommend using a booster pump attachment to the RO system for houses with low water pressure. However, to stay on the safer side, go for a water purifier that can take the pressure of 5 to 40 pounds per square inch or psi.
05. Daily Usage:
Before buying a water purifier you must get a rough idea of the quantity of water that is consumed in your house. Decide if you want to use your water purifier just to purify your drinking water only or for other works in your house.
After you find out the requirements and consumption of water, you can select the model accordingly. If the consumption and requirement are high buy a model with high power. It is suggested to buy a water purifier that can fit well in your family.
We often miss considering this factor while we are shopping for a water filter. However, it is also important to see if the water filter is portable or not. You won’t buy a water purifier every now and then, make sure that you can take your water purifier in case you need to move from one place to another.
Thus, it is best to look for a water purifier that is portable, sturdy, light weighted, and can be shifted according to your convenience. However, don’t ignore the looks of your purifier as it will enhance the beauty of your kitchen. So, bring home the one that looks good and is portable as well.
Most of the purifiers that are available in the market work on electricity, however, it can be a problem during power cuts, as it won’t work if there is no electricity.
However, there is a system that uses activated carbon filters or an ultrafilter to purify your water without electricity, but such filters can only remove sediments from your water. Thus, the best thing to do is to buy a water filter that can work with or without electricity.
Now as you know your requirements, consumption, and preferable purification technology, it is very important to set a budget for your product. Make sure that you bring home the one which is compiled with the latest technology that too on a budget as it won’t upgrade itself like your smartphone.
Set a budget and spend on a reliable brand for your water filter. It is suggested not to get influenced by any external sources and get the one that provides the best facilities at a reasonable price range.
09. After-sales maintenance services:
The after-sales services provided by the brand are very important. You must go for a brand that provides quality after-sales services for your water filter. Maintenance is an essential part especially when you deal with a home appliance like a water filter.
They need constant maintenance in order to work for a long time. Thus, before you buy a water filter, look for the cost of services required by your product and judge if it is worthy or not. Go for a water filter from a brand that offers once in a year of free or cheaper maintenance facilities.
As now you have gathered enough information about the same, you might think of buying one for your home or office, but you are not very sure of which one to get. So, to help you out with that, here is a list of some of the best reverse osmosis water filters in India.
What is reverse osmosis?
Reverse osmosis is a technology that is used to remove impurities from drinking water. It uses a very unique method, where the water goes through the higher concentration side of the RO membrane to the less concentrated side in order to provide purified drinking water, and the intensive water that is left after the process is known as brine or waste.
By using osmosis the water is purified as it goes through the membrane to obtain equilibrium on both sides.
For example, if pressure is applied to a huge amount of hard or salted water while the water is getting purified in an osmosis water filter, the salt remains on the other side of the membrane and you only get clean drinking water.
How does a reverse osmosis system work?
By now as you know that a reverse osmosis system can purify water in a pre-filter process before the water is passed through a semipermeable membrane. Later, it goes through a post-filter by existing from the RO membrane, before making entry to a dedicated faucet.
A reverse osmosis system works in different stages. Basically, a RO membrane is the most important factor in a reverse osmosis system, however, there are different types of filtration. A RO system is made up of 3, 4, or 5 filtration stages.
You will find a sediment filter and a carbon filter along with such water filters. These types of water filters are pre-filters or post-filters, which depend on the water that passes through it, before or after the water passes through the membrane.
All types of reverse osmosis systems contain either one or more than one of the following filters:
- Sediment filter: It effectively reduces harmful particles such as dust, rust, and dirt from your drinking water.
- Semi-permeable membrane: This filter can remove total dissolved solids (TDS) up to 98% from your drinking water.
- Carbon filter: This filter helps in reducing chlorine, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and other components that can cause a bad smell and taste in your water.
We hope that the detailed list and the buying guide related to the best reverse osmosis water filter will help you gather a sufficient amount of knowledge and will improve your shopping experience. It is suggested not to fall for the sugar-coated words of any salesperson, instead make your decision depending on the reviews and ratings that are posted online by the customers who have practically used it and shared their experiences. You can also explore the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section given below, where we have answered some of the most commonly asked questions for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Yes, reverse osmosis is considered one of the best types of water filters, as it provides safe and good-quality purified water.
Alkaline water and mineral water is considered the healthiest type of water, as both of them provides essential nutrients to your body.
A reverse osmosis system can remove salt, chlorine, VOCs, arsenic, fluoride, sediment, herbicides and pesticides, and other contaminants from your water.
- Understood why drinking pure water is important.
- Understood what is reverse osmosis.
- Discovered how a reverse osmosis system work.
- Found out the list of the best reverse osmosis water filter in India.
- Highlighted the most important factors that you must consider before buying a reverse osmosis water filter.
- Lastly, explore the frequently asked questions section, where we got the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.