Indian cuisines are all about beautiful flavours of spices, a variety of textures, and untold love and hard work. It is a country where you get crispy dosas, fresh chutneys, flavourful lentils or dal and much more. And to make all these, since ancient times, mortar and pestle have been an important part of the Indian kitchen. You must have seen your mother, grandmother or someone else using them to grind their spices and chutneys when you were young. However, now things have changed a lot, and no one has enough time or energy to waste on grinding things. But, does that mean the people of India stopped eating dosas, idlis, chutneys, mustard gravy, etc.? Of course not! People of India love their food and won’t you love to have a crispy dosa and freshly made coconut and mint chutney on your plate for breakfast? But, let me take a guess, you have probably never used a mortar and pestle or a grinding stone ever in your life and nor do you plan to in the future. If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you have landed at the right place. Here, you will learn about this one must-have kitchen appliance, that will help you make, chutneys, batters, and gravies within minutes and will also eliminate the extra effort or manual labour. In this article, you will also find out about the best tilting wet grinders in India. But before jumping directly into the list, let’s learn a little more about wet grinders.
List of the best tilting Wet Grinder in India:
Following is the list of the best tilting Wet Grinder in India
01. Sowbaghya Shree 2Ltr Wet Grinder
Sowbaghya Shree 2Ltr Wet Grinder (Tilting Model)(With Attachments) 110V is a tabletop, tilting model. It is very compact in size and can easily fit into your kitchen space. It is a wet grinder with a capacity of 2 litres and weighs around 16 kg. With its tilting feature, you can easily clean it without putting much effort. It is a very efficient grinder, which can grind at 960 R.P.M. It is equipped with 2 black stone wheels which will ensure to provide efficient grinding results for you. The shape and look of this product are very impressive and practical.
- This wet grinder is compact in size and can easily fit into your kitchen space.
- Easy to clean without hassle.
- It can grind at 960 R.P.M.
- It is equipped with 2 black stone wheels which will ensure to provide efficient grinding results.
- It comes with additional accessories like Coconut Scrapper & Atta Kneader.
- This product from Sowbaghya Shree might not be very durable.
02. Ponmani Power – 2L Tilting Wet Grinder
Ponmani Power – 2L Tilting Wet Grinder is a beautifully designed appliance It was first launched in the year 2015 and ever since it is pretty popular in the market. The grinder has an attractive look, and its vibrant cheery red colour will surely enhance the look of your kitchen. It is equipped with a copper motor of 225 Watts, which makes it extra safe and efficient. It can be easily cleaned and dried, which makes it the best option for your kitchen.
- This grinder has an attractive look, and its vibrant cherry red colour can enhance the overall look of any kitchen.
- It is equipped with a copper motor of 225 Watts, which makes it extra safe and efficient.
- Along with the grinder, you will also get additional accessories like an atta kneader and coconut scraper.
- You can easily clean this product.
- It is not dishwasher safe.
03. Maxel Classic Tilting Wet Grinder
Maxel Classic Tilting Wet Grinder is one of the most loved and popular products in the category. This grinder is all that you need to make your kitchen look classy. It is an efficient and durable grinder which has a leak-free feature and will make your grinding experience effortless and simple. It has a flexible, heat-resistant fibre body with a tilting drum, which will make collecting batter very easy. Besides, you don’t have to tilt and hold it, all you need to do is tilt your drum, lock and leave it, you will not have to fight with any nasty pints of batter all over the body of the machine. It is designed with top-quality materials, which won’t just make the machine strong, but will also add a stylish look overall. Its bigger roller stones is the best in the market.
- This machine comes with the best ventilation possible so that the grinder can stay cool and work efficiently while you are working with it.
- You can easily grind one batch of ingredients in 25 minutes only.
- It has 120% bigger roller stones which will provide you better grinding experience.
- This is extremely durable as it is made of high-quality fibre material, which will eliminate any sort of breakages on the product while you are using it.
- The copper winded motor of this product can deal with overheating, shock and much more.
- It provides leakage-free grinding and comes with stainless steel lid, drum and other parts.
- It has a sturdy stand which can hold the machine firmly even during the roughest grinds.
- The warranty period that is offered by the brand is of 1 year, which is comparatively low.
04. Maruthi 5L Stainless Steel Multi Purpose Tilting Wet Grinder
Maruthi 5L Stainless Steel Multi Purpose Grinder is a perfect appliance that can decrease your physical labour in the best way possible. Its seamless finish and sturdy design are all that you need for grinding the smallest and the hardest ingredients. Besides, with this, you don’t have to worry about the additional money that you need to pay as your electricity bill because it consumes minimal electricity and takes comparatively less time in grinding your food. You can use it for different purposes, specifically, it is suitable for big kitchen spaces like hotels, restaurants, or catering. It has a tough stainless steel body which ensures durability.
- This is one of the best tilting wet grinders which is made of high-grade components, which ensures full durability to your product.
- It will deliver, a smooth, uninterrupted and comfortable operation.
- Its 3 HP motor makes minimal noise while operating.
- It is a semi-automatic machine, which makes it super accessible.
- This tilting wet grinder can be a bit expensive to some people.
05. Premier Lifestyle Grinder
Premier Lifestyle Grinder is a premium quality product that will fit best in your kitchen. The brand claims and provides the best quality products for the last 45 years and keeps ‘’ Customer satisfaction” and “business trustworthiness” as their priority. This product is versatile and can grind different types of ingredients like spices, batters, purees, chutneys, soups, etc. It has a perfect blend of traditional style and modern technologies. It is equipped with two grinding stone wheels which will provide the best grinding results. Besides, the rotation of this product is optimised in order to avoid overheating and causing any serious damage, also all the plastic components of this product are made of food-grade material. It also comes with additional, innovative attachments that can be used for mixing ingredients, kneading dough, pulping fruits and vegetables, etc. With its motor of 200 Watts, you can be sure of experiencing efficient grinding and can make your favourite recipe without investing much time.
- This grinder is a premium quality product that will fit best in your kitchen.
- It is a versatile product which can grind different types of ingredients like spices, batters, purees, chutneys, soups, etc.
- It has a perfect blend of traditional style and modern technologies.
- It is equipped with two grinding stone wheels which will provide the best grinding results.
- The rotation of this product is optimised in order to avoid overheating and causing any serious damage.
- It comes with an efficient motor of 200 Watts.
- It also comes with additional, innovative attachments which you can use to mix ingredients, knead the dough, pulp fruits and vegetables, etc.
- The quality of the plastic components is not very good.
What is a wet grinder?
There are many appliances for different purposes, however, the main motive for all the appliances is to reduce your effort and make your job easy. A wet grinder is also one such appliance, which is not just important in preparing South Indian dishes, but also holds equal importance while preparing dishes from other states. You can make batters for idlis, vadas, dosas, chilas and many more by using a wet grinder.
Types of wet grinders:
There are different types of wet grinders that are available in the market. You must select the right wet grinder according to your requirements. And to know which one will fit the best in your kitchen, you must know enough about the different types of wet grinders.
- Table Top Wet Grinders: This type of grinder is small in size and very portable. Thus, you can easily carry it from one place to another. This variant is commonly used by people who live in a house or apartment with a small kitchen space. It is considered the best type of wet grinder for grinding small amounts of dough, batter, etc. as its capacity is around 1.2 to 2 litres only. It comes with a detachable drum or jar which you can later use to store your batter as well.
- Regular Wet Grinders: This type of wet grinder is used for commercial purposes, like hotels, restaurants, etc. This type is not an ideal choice for domestic purposes, as it won’t fit into your kitchen space. They are bigger in size and require huge space for their operation. However, a regular wet grinder is very efficient in providing the best grinding results.
- Tilting Wet Grinders: This type is considered the most versatile and useful among all the types of wet grinders. A tilting wet grinder is not just useful as a grinder but also can be helpful for storage, as it has a tilt well and thus you can easily clear it up by pouring the batter into a different container. For that, all you need to do is tilt the drum to a side, pour it into the other container and that’s it, you are done.
Benefits of using a wet grinder:
There are many benefits of using a wet grinder. Some of them are listed below:
- Every grinder releases heat while it is working which might affect the flavour of your food. But, with this, you don’t have to worry about that, as it releases less heat in comparison to other mixers and doesn’t affect the flavour of your food.
- You might think of getting a mixer instead of a wet grinder, but the fact is that a mixer can never match up to the quality of grinding that is provided by a wet grinder. This is because such grinders are equipped with grittier stones in order to give you better results. Besides, stones are more reliable and durable in comparison to metal blades that are fitted in a mixer.
- With this, you can achieve grinding results which are similar to a traditional mortar and pestle grinding.
Buying a tilting wet grinder in India can be a bit tricky as you will find innumerable options that are available in the market, that all claim to be the best. However, you must know some important factors, so that you can judge if the product is worth giving a shot at or not. Following are some of the most important factors which you must consider while you are selecting the best tilting wet grinder:
Type of wet grinder: Wet grinders are available in different types, and before making a purchase, you must know what are your requirements, and then make a decision. Tilting wet grinders are considered the best if you are planning to use them on a regular basis.
Size: Size is also an important factor which you must consider before buying a grinder. You must select a product that will fit well in your kitchen space.
Capacity: You will find tilting wet grinders of different sizes, types and capacities. Select the ideal wet grinder with a capacity that will perfectly fit your requirements. Remember, the right capacity entirely depends on the number of family members you have and the quantity of batter or food you prepare on a regular basis.
Body of the drum: The material that is used to make the drum is a very important factor which you must consider before buying. Go for a drum which is made of stainless steel as it will be more durable and stronger.
The number of grinding wheels: Before buying a grinder you must check if it has 3 stone wheels in it as it will provide efficient grinding. If you are not aware of what stone wheels are, let us tell you. Grinding wheels are stones that are fixed to the drum that is used for grinding. You can go for a grinder that comes with at least 2 grinder wheels.
Protection from overload: Any appliance that is used continuously can get overloaded and cause accidents. The matter is not different in the case of wet grinders, it can also get overloaded if you place more food than their capacity for grinding. The best thing that you can do to avoid any serious damage is to buy a wet grinder that has an overload protector in it.
Additional accessories: Who doesn’t like additional accessories along with their product? There are many brands that offer different, important accessories like lid wiper, batter sampler, stand, coconut scraper, atta kneader, cover for the gadget etc. which you can use while you are working with it. Go for a brand that offers or supports the most number of accessories along with their product.
this type of grinder can be a worthy investment if you select the best product wisely. Besides, we have tried to cover all the required information related to grinders in this article and we hope it was informative and could help you in finding the best for your kitchen. You can also check our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section given below if you are looking for some brief and useful answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Generally, conical stones are best for wet grinders, especially if you are using them for household purposes like making batters for idlis, vadas, dosas, chilas, etc.
While you are considering the watts of a wet grinder, always remember that the higher the wattage of a grinder is the better it performs. However, for an Indian kitchen, a grinder with 200 W to 500 W is enough.
Basically, there are three types of wet grinders that are available in the market.
1. Table Top Wet Grinders
2. Regular Wet Grinders
3. Tilting Wet Grinders
- Learned why we need a tilting wet grinder.
- Learnt what is a wet grinder; the Types of wet grinders; Benefits of tilting a wet grinder.
- List of the best tilting wet grinder.
- Highlighted the most important factors to look for in a tilting wet grinder before making a purchase.
- Find answers to the most frequently asked questions.