India is a beautiful country, where one can experience different climates depending on the place and the time of the year. However, most areas in India experience long summers of more than 5 months. And, if you have spent any amount of time here in India, you know that surviving the Indian summer is not very easy. It gets terribly warm not just during the days but remains so during nights as well. And warm temperatures mean you will have to fight irritation, dizziness, skin problems, cranky mood, sleep disorder, etc. To deal with that, you can drink lots of water or different juices and keep yourself hydrated. However, you will still need something that can help you get a good sleep during the warm hours of the night, as lack of proper sleep can bring adverse effects the next day. You can have a night of uneasy sleep during summers for many reasons. One most important reason that can cause uneasy sleep is when your mattress gets hot.
Well, in this article we will discuss overheating of mattresses and, prevent that from happening, which type of mattresses are best for summer. Besides, we have also prepared a list of the best mattresses for summer in India, where we have narrowed down the best options available in the market. But before that, let us understand the importance of having a good mattress for summer in India.
You might notice that your old mattress often gets overheated and cause serious disturbance during the summer nights. This happens mainly because of the low-quality memory foam that is used in your mattress. They don’t have proper ventilation or cell structure, resulting in which, your mattress starts releasing heat while you are sleeping at night. Today, in this post I will try to guide you to select the best mattress for summer in India.
Why do we feel so hot while we sleep?
As a matter of fact, you may notice, that after a burning day the heat reduces a bit during the night hours. But, have you ever noticed that even after the heat reduces, you still feel uncomfortable heat while you are sleeping? You might have missed this point, but now as we discuss you will surely find it relatable. Well, the answer to this question is, that while you sleep, your body temperature experiences a shift, as it tried to adjust to the temperature outside. And as stated by experts, if the exterior temperature of the body exceeds 20° to 20°, you will face problems in falling asleep.
However, this is a biological process which we can’t possibly change. But, there are certain other factors which we can consider to get a night of good sleep, such as a mattress. It is very important to go for a good mattress which will help you get proper sleep during the summer nights. But, then there are so many options in the market, which one to pick?
Which type of mattress is best for summer?
Generally, there are three types of mattresses which are ideal for the summer season. They are Pocket spring mattresses, Latex mattresses, and Gel memory foam mattresses. All these three types of mattresses have their own unique features. Let us now try to know about them in detail.
Pocket spring mattress: If you are looking for a mattress that will allow you to have an uninterrupted and comfortable sleep during hot summer nights, consider looking for a pocket spring mattress. This type of mattress is made of good breathable materials and its springs help in expelling hot air from inside and prevent it from building up heat. Besides, they are light and ideal for any temperature as they can adjust themselves according to the requirements.
Latex mattress: This type of mattress is considered one of the most breathable materials in the sleep industry. It has an open-cell structure that lets the air circulate and enter after certain intervals for assembling the different layers of the core, this is further accentuated. Besides, it generates a pumping and suction effect in the area which helps in ventilation.
Gel Memory foam mattress: This type of mattress has a thermoregulatory capacity, which allows the mattress adapts to the temperature and adjust it by balancing the temperature of the body and its surroundings. These types of mattresses are very comfortable and help in getting a good sleeping experience.
Now, as you have known enough about mattresses for the summer season, let us now find out which are the best mattresses for summer in India.
List of the best mattress for summer in India:
Selecting a summer mattress or a temperature-regulated mattress is not a very easy task. Besides, you have no clue how the mattress would react to the heat. That’s why you have to do precise research on the subject. But, let’s face it, who has that much time? We have! And thus after doing precise research on all the top mattresses and the requirements of the people, we have listed below some of the best mattresses for summer in India:
01. SleepyCat Ultima 4 Degree Cooler 3-Layered CoolTEC™ Medium Soft 8-inch Memory Foam Mattress
Mattresses like this one, made by sleepy cat, are among the best that can be found on the market. It is made of open-cell memory foam and high-density foam, which has an open structure that helps in providing better air circulation compared to any other normal memory foam. With this, you can feel like you are sleeping on clouds, without getting disturbed by the burning hot summer. The outer cover of this product is more like a cherry on the cake, as it is made of cold yarn material, which will keep you cool by at least 4 degrees that the temperature of the room. However, that doesn’t mean that it will be a problem during the winter season, as it can automatically adjust the temperature according to the climate. This means you can have a cool and soft experience during the summer season, and a warm and comfortable feel during the winter season.
- It provides a soft and luxurious feeling while you are sleeping on it.
- It helps you stay cool by 4 degrees than the room temperature.
- It comes with an attractive zipper cover, which you can easily remove and clean in a washing machine.
- It comes with a warranty period of 10 years.
- A temperature adjustment can be made automatically depending on the weather.
- The outer cover of this product is of white colour, which can easily get dirty.
02. Sleepyhead Laxe – 100% Natural Pincore Latex Mattress
Sleepyhead Laxe is another popular mattress which you might consider if you are newly married, as it is the best mattress for couples. It is made of natural, and premium quality latex and foam material which comes from the sap of rubber trees. It helps in providing the best comfort possible to the body without realising heat. It can adapt the shape of your body providing full support to your back, neck and hips. With this product, you can say goodbye to your early morning back ache as it provides uniform support to you while you are sleeping. Besides, the outer cover of this mattress is made of breathable fabric which has a zipper as well, so that you can remove it easily and wash it.
- This mattress will provide proper support to your back, neck and spine.
- It is the best product that you can find in such an affordable price range.
- The outer cover of this product can be easily removed and cleaned in a washing machine if it gets dirty.
- It is very affordable and efficient.
- It comes with a zipper cover.
- There is a 10-year warranty on this product offered by the brand.
- You need to maintain the edges of this product if it is used by a deep sleeper, who weighs more than 70 kg.
03. Dreamzee Vilasa – Globally Certified 100% Natural Latex Monozone
This mattress from Dreamzee Vilasa is made of 100% natural latex material, which ensures comfortable, sweat-free and cool sleep for you in the summer season. The latex material used in this product is bacteria, dust mites, and mould resistant. It provides great air circulation throughout the mattress, thus your mattress won’t retain body heat. The cotton fabric used in the outer cover looks very attractive and premium, which helps in gaining the attention of the buyers, and it can be used from both sides. Besides, it comes with automatic temperature control technology and will keep you cool in summer and warm in winter.
- This mattress is available in different size options.
- It is made of 100% natural and premium latex material.
- It regulates airflow circulation and reduces heat production while you are sleeping on it.
- It is certified by top international and Indian institutes.
- It comes with automatic temperature control technology.
- It has an attractive and premium look overall.
- Mould, dust mites, and bacteria aren’t able to grow on it.
- There is a 12-year warranty on this product offered by the brand.
- Quite a bit of weight is attached to this product.
- Those who cannot afford it may have a hard time finding it.
04. The Sleep Company SmartGRID Luxe Mattress
The brand sleep company is Asia’s first smart grid mattress brand. It brought innovation to the sleep industry. This mattress is made from chemical-free, food-grade materials, and has more than 2500 airflow channels throughout the mattress, which ensures to eliminate any production of heat while you are sleeping. Therefore, you can now surely say goodbye to your morning back pain, as it provides soft support to your shoulder area, and hips.
- This mattress is available in different sizes to fit your requirements.
- It is made from premium, food-grade materials.
- It comes with unique smart grid features.
- Throughout the mattress, there are over 2500 airflow channels.
- It comes with a warranty period of 10 years.
- The outer cover of this product has no zipper and thus can’t be removed or cleaned easily.
05. Wakefit 10-inch Medium Firm Single Size 7-Zone Latex Mattress
This mattress is a product of one of the best brands in the Indian sleep industry. This is another mattress made of latex, and latex helps in providing a cool and comfortable sleep to everyone. Additionally, it has a layer of open-cell memory foam which simply elevates the standard of comfort in this product. It comes with a breathable outer cover which is easily removable and can be washed in a machine.
- It provides the best support to your back, neck and hips and helps you sleep comfortably.
- Along with the latex layer, it also has a layer of open-cell memory foam.
- It comes in different size options for you to choose from.
- The price of this product is reasonable
- You can easily remove the outer cover of this mattress and clean it in a machine.
- It comes with a warranty period of 10 years.
- The quality of the cover provided with the product is not very good.
How to select the best mattress for summer in India: A Buying Guide?
We understand that buying a mattress for summer in India is not an easy job, especially in a country like India, where you will find innumerable options to choose from. You might end up buying something that is not worth giving a shot, it will waste your time, energy and money as well. The solution to this is, that you must know about some points that will ensure that you are not bringing home the wrong product. Thus, here we have mentioned those important points that you must consider before buying a mattress for summer in India:
- Check for the pros and cons of each type of mattresses that is available in the market. Once you find out this, you can easily understand and select the one that fits your budget, requirements, etc.
- Know the purpose of buying a mattress. You must select the appropriate thickness of a mattress depending on your body weight of yours or anyone who will sleep on it.
- The firmness of any mattress is very important. It will differ for different body weights. Go for a mattress that is 0.5 to 1-inch firm, if you are a light sleeper with a weight of less than 50 kg. If you are an average sleeper with a body weight of around 50 to 60 kg any mattress is suitable for you. Lastly, if you are a deep sleeper and you weigh more than 70 kg, go for a mattress with a thickness of 4 inches.
- Next, you must look for the density of a mattress. Remember, the lower the density of a mattress is, the softer it will be. A mattress with a higher density will be stiffer and will provide better support to your body.
- Look for the materials used in making the mattress. The material has a lot to do with the comfort that you will receive from the mattress. Go for a brand that is known for using quality materials in their mattresses.
- Make sure that your mattress is not very rigid, or very soft. It should have the right level of firmness so that your body can stay healthy and feel comfortable as well.
Well, you will not find any magical formula that can tell you which is the best breathable mattress for you. All you can do is check if the mattress has a correct postural alignment, our tastes in terms of comfort, optimum durability, an ideal thermal sensation, etc. Besides, make sure that you consider the different factors like its components while you are buying a mattress to stay cool in summer. Also, go for the mattress that is made with high-quality, and 100% natural materials.
We hope that this article on the best mattress for summer in India could prove itself helpful to you in enhancing your shopping experience. Besides, all the products are very efficient, you can select the one for you depending on your budget, and requirements. You can also consider exploring our frequently asked questions section, where we have answered some of the most commonly asked questions that might pop up in a buyer’s mind while they are shopping for a mattress for summer in India.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
The type of mattresses that provides the best cooling during summer is the Latex mattresses. These types of mattresses have an open-cell structure, which doesn’t capture the air and thus, it doesn’t overheat while you sleep on them.
Usually, the luxury 5-star hotels use either traditional innerspring, hybrid, or memory foam mattresses for their beds.
To stay cool while you are sleeping, you can use loose-fitted clothes, buy a cooling mattress that has a layer of latex on it, and can drink a glass of cold water before sleeping.
From a health point of view, if you want to find out which type of mattresses are best then both latex and memory foam mattresses are good. As they provide the best and most uniform support to your back, neck, and hips, resulting in a comfortable, and pain-free sleep.
- Understood the importance of having a mattress for the summer season.
- Learnt why we feel hot while we sleep.
- Got introduced to the best type of mattresses for summer.
- Found out which are the best mattress for summer in India.
- Highlighted some of the most important points that one must consider before bringing home a mattress for summer.
- Lastly, got answers to the most commonly asked questions.