The world is changing rapidly, now trust is entirely dependent on evidence. With the rapid growth in all sectors, the percentage of crime has also increased. Sometimes, something or other bad things happen in the world. Staying safe became difficult, and monitoring every activity became compulsory. In this situation, living in a house without CCTV cameras is not just a requirement but a necessity for everyone. Closed-circuit television, popularly known as CCTV, has become an essential part of this modern generation. It captures everything to ensure complete security in your home, office, etc. There are different types of CCTV cameras; the most reasonable and practical is the one that allows mobile connectivity, which allows you to receive all the live recordings on your mobile, even when you are not around. Besides, installing a good quality CCTV security camera system is a one-time investment that will help you monitor everything in your home during your absences. However, selecting the right one can be tricky, as innumerable options are available in the market. So, if you are looking for a good CCTV camera for your home, you have landed in the right place. This article will find the best CCTV camera for a home with mobile connectivity.
List of Best CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity:
Well, you have to be very careful while picking up the CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity. Innumerable brands are available in the market, and all claim to be the best. However, you can’t just trust any one product randomly without researching all the top products available in the market. But who has time to go through all products and select the best? Well, we understand that time is a crucial element and might not want to waste it on doing research. Thus, we took the pain of your part, did thorough research, and came up with the list of the Best CCTV Camera for Homes with Mobile Connectivity for your convenience.
01. MI WiFi 1080p Full HD 360° Viewing Area Smart Security Camera
This is a product from a popular brand for producing quality products. MI WiFi 1080p Full HD 360° Viewing Area Smart Security Camera is one of the best that you can find at such an affordable price range. It is a full HD smart security camera with the latest 360° viewing and infrared night vision. It has an Artificial Intelligence motion detection alert that can track movements and faces. It supports a micro SD card of up to 64 GB, and there is video compression before uploading to the cloud servers. This camera comes with two-way communication speakers, a microphone, and a 20 MP sensor and records videos in 1080p resolution. It has a very interesting dome-shaped, compact size and camouflages well with the inverted installation.
- It is a top-quality CCTV camera.
- It has a 20 MP sensor, and it records videos in 1080p.
- It has a tremendous long-distance viewing capacity.
- It supports a micro SD card of up to 64 GB.
- The talk-back feature on this camera requires improvement.
02. TP-Link Tapo WiFi Pan/Tilt Smart Security Camera
This is the best pick for you if you are looking for a CCTV camera for your home that can record all the activities and requires minimal maintenance. It has a tilt range of 360° and 114°, horizontally and vertically. It supports micro SD cards up to 128 GB, and it supports 1080p resolution video recording. It has an intelligent motion detection feature that can detect humans and movements depending on the mobile application. Its night vision is commendable; thus, you can have a good night’s sleep without worrying. It also has a light alarm system, which you can set if you do not want unwanted visitors. It can be shut down anytime if you want to proceed with the privacy mode.
- This camera is one of the best sellers in India.
- The brand offers a warranty period of 1 year on this product.
- It sends a notification to your smartphone through a mobile application if it detects any movement.
- You can also view live video through the application of the camera on your phone.
- It can only capture objects that come under 30 ft. distance.
03. Imou 360 Degree Security Camera
This product from the brand Imou is considered one of the best security cameras for the home. It is compact and can rotate 360° to provide the best security coverage to your home. The camera can record video up to 30 fps and supports an SD Card of up to 256 GB. It has two-way audio and sound detection. Besides, it will alert you through its mobile application in case it detects any movement or unrecognized faces. The best thing about this product is that it is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, which makes it more attractive to customers.
- It is counted amongst the best economical cameras in the market.
- It has an attractive look and intelligent features.
- It comes with two-way audio and sound detection.
- It is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- The sensor and focal length of the camera are not very impressive.
04. Ezviz C3WN WiFi Outdoor CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity
This camera from the brand EZVIZ is one of the best outdoor cameras for home security that you can find at such a reasonable price. It provides top-quality night vision and can also see objects up to a distance of 100 ft with two powerful IR LED lamps. It has dual antennas that will help you connect to WiFi easily and built-in noise-cancellation microphones, which help it deliver the best performance. It supports a micro SD card of up to 256 GB. Besides, it has two separate applications for Android and iOS users to ensure an uninterrupted real-time view of the area. Additionally, IP66 dust and rain protection is provided on the camera to avoid causing any damage.
- You can easily connect this camera to the 2.4 GHz band connectivity.
- It has great quality night vision and a coverage area of up to 100 ft.
- It has in-built noise cancellation.
- There is IP66 dust and rain protection on this device.
- The price of this camera is comparatively higher.
05. Realme 360 Degree 1080p Full HD WiFi Smart Security Camera
This is a product from one of the most popular brands in India, Realme. This camera provides a 360° panoramic view that can rotate in all directions and provide the best security to your house. It has high-quality infrared night vision, which holds the potential to record the best videos in low light. It also has an AI motion detection monitor that can quickly figure out suspicious motion and unrecognized faces and send notifications instantly through a mobile application on your smartphone. The brand prioritizes the after-sales experience quality of the customers, which helped it gain wide popularity in such a short time.
- Realme 360 Degree 1080p Full HD WiFi Smart Security Camera is one of the best cameras you can find at such an affordable price range.
- It has a motion detector that sends a notification to your smartphone through an app.
- It has 3D noise cancellation.
- It also supports the inverted and upright installation.
- The camera has a very attractive and stylish design.
- The picture quality of the videos produced by this camera is grainy.
How Do We Pick The CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity: A Buying Guide?
Finding a CCTV camera for a home with mobile connectivity in the Indian market is tricky. You will find many options that can confuse you and may lead you to make a wrong decision. Therefore, you must look for the essential primary factors about CCTV cameras so that you can judge yourself if the product is worth giving a shot at or not. Following, we have listed down a few key aspects that you must consider before making a purchase:
- Power Source: The first thing you must consider before buying a CCTV camera for a home with mobile connectivity is the power source. Usually, wired cameras require no power source; they are just connected to a central recording device, so you need to seek help from an expert for installation. Whereas wireless cameras are powered by a camera battery that you must charge regularly. They are easier to set up and equipped with features like facial recognition, activity zones, etc. Go for cameras that are easier to use and can be connected to smartphones.
- Right Features: You don’t have to go for the most high-tech CCTV camera if you don’t feel the requirement for advanced features. However, your CCTV camera must have basic and essential features like smartphone alerts, high-quality resolution, night vision, motion-activated recording, a wide field of view to capture more areas with fewer cameras, built-in sirens and floodlights, and two-way audio. Go for cameras that are equipped with all these features for better outcomes. Also, make sure to see if the CCTV has advanced software features.
- Privacy: Next, look if the CCTV camera is efficient in providing total privacy to the data. Usually, wireless cameras store the videos on a cloud-based server on the internet, which can be a bit risky. Thus, it is best to buy cameras from trusted brands that ensure the full security of your data. Besides, you can also look for privacy features such as geofencing or a physical camera shutter that may cover the lens.
- Alerts: This factor plays a vital role in your safety. While you are looking for CCTV cameras, it is best if they can identify an event and send a notification to your smartphone. There are many options available in the market that sends text notifications when they detect any motion, sound, unknown face, etc. While some can send notifications to many people at once, some can send them to only one person through text or email. Select cameras that have the best and most convenient alert options for you.
- Battery Backup: This is an important factor you compulsorily look for before making a purchase. Power cut is quite frequent in India, which makes having a good battery backup important. You can’t afford to lose all forensic proof if a crime occurs while your CCTV shuts down due to power cuts. Go for cameras that can run on battery power for a brief period.
- Mobile App: Most security cameras of this generation can be easily accessed through personal smartphone or tablet apps. It is reliable to monitor the camera’s live feed and various options for changing its behaviour. While buying security cameras, look for the option to customize notifications, change motion and sound detection sensitivity, and specify detection zones. Besides, make sure that the software or app of the cameras should be easy to use.
- Warranty: It is an important factor you must consider before purchasing. Buying CCTV cameras is a one-time investment; you must ensure that it has a good and reliable warranty policy. Warranty is important when it comes to maintaining and fixing the device. Go for cameras with an extended warranty duration to ensure that you don’t have to deal with significant expenditures if anything happens to your cameras.
- Pricing: Different types of people have different priorities while selecting any product. While some value the price more than its qualities, some do the opposite. With security cameras, you must be very careful with the specifications and determine whether the price is reasonable. You must select cameras that have a perfect balance between budget and quality.
- Service Quality: Next, look if the brand offers good after-sales services. Focus more on brands that offer generous customer service and quality to their clients through attractive offers, flexible policies, etc. The quality of the brands’ services will help you determine which one is worth giving a shot.
- Reviews: Lastly, but most importantly, spare some time and check the reviews that are posted online by genuine customers. It is the best and the most reliable source which you can use to get valuable insights into the product. Select cameras with the best reviews, and maintain distance from those with negative reviews and poor ratings.
By following these fundamental factors, you can ensure that you bring the right set of cameras to your home. We, too, have used the same formula to list down the best CCTV cameras for homes with mobile connectivity. The products mentioned in the list are all from trusted and popular brands. We hope that you can find the best for your home. Besides, we understand that as a buyer, you might have several questions going on in your mind. Thus, to help you out, we have answered some of the most commonly asked questions in the Frequently Asked Questions section below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Yes, CCTV cameras can operate with mobile data. In fact, they can work without the internet or electricity. However, an internet connection is required only if you want to receive the footage while away from the location. Well, using the internet has its own benefits, but it is not a necessity.
You can easily connect your CCTV to the internet (DVR or NVR). First, you have to secure your device and establish an internet connection. Next, use a mobile app or PC browser on your phone or device.
Well, technically, there is no impact on the local internet speed of a CCTV connected to it. Thus, a complete CCTV security system will not slow down your network.
You will need approximately 20 Mbps download speeds and 10 Mbps upload speeds. The reduced resolution or sub-stream can also be viewed remotely with 5Mbps.
Both wireless and wired CCTV cameras are efficient in their own ways. While wired are challenging to install, wireless can be easily installed. On the other hand, wired CCTV cameras provide better privacy security than wireless. Both can serve your purpose of securing your home; you can select anyone according to your preferences.
- Understand why CCTV cameras are so important nowadays.
- Found out which are the best CCTV cameras for homes with mobile connectivity in India.
- Highlighted the most critical factors one must consider before buying a CCTV camera for a home.
- Received answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.