Are you looking for water purifier with low maintenance cost in India? If yes! Then, you have landed in right place. There is a possibility that your drinking water might not be as clean as you think. It may be contaminated with bacteria, pesticides heavy metals and high TDS making it unhealthy for your health. Thus keeping a water purifier ensures that you drink clean, healthy water. It has become essential to buy a water purifier nowadays to prevent getting sick from drinking contaminated water.
The water purifier is an essential part of our daily lives. In India, where tap water is not always safe and the water coming from natural sources, like lakes and rivers, can acquire contaminants from the human, plant, and animal waste, a water purifier becomes a basic necessity. In other words, potable water is readily available with a water purifier at home. In order to protect yourself from contamination, it is usually recommended to use a water purifier. Today, in this post I will try to guide you to select the best water purifier with low maintenance cost. Besides, we have also listed some of the best UV RO UF TDS MTDS water purifiers with low maintenance cost, so that you can make a better decision.
List of some of the top water purifier brands in India with low maintenance cost
To understand the context of maintenance, it is important to take note of the type of water purifier that we are talking about. Each type of water purifier has different sets of filters for the purification process and this dictates the price of maintenance. Therefore, for your convenience, we have divided the list into 4 separate categories – RO, UV + UF, and RO + UV + UF + MTDS.
|Product Name||Average annual maintenance cost||TDS level||Where to buy|
|01. AO Smith X2 5 L UV Ultra Violet + UF (Ultra Fine) Black 5 L Water Purifier||Rs 1200 – 1500||Below 200 PPM||Buy Now|
|02. KENT Ultra Storage UV Water Purifier (11042) | UV+UF Water Purification||Rs 1500 – 2000||Below 200 PPM||Buy Now|
|03. Livpure Glitz DX Pure UV+ Ultrafiltration Water Purifier with 7 L tank capacity||Rs 1000 – 1500||Below 200|
|04. Faber 7 Liters, UV+UF+Alkaline Water purifier||Rs 1500 – 2200||Below 200 PPM||Buy Now|
|05. Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Amaze RO+UV+MTDS Water Purifier||Rs. 3500 – 4000||2000 PPM||Buy Now|
|06. AO Smith Z9 Hot+ normal RO||Starts from Rs. 3000 – 3500||200+ PPM||Buy Now|
|07. Kent – 11076 New Grand 8-Litres Wall-Mountable RO + UV+ UF + TDS||Starts from Rs 2000 to 4500||1800 PPM||Buy Now|
|08. Mi Smart Water Purifier||Starts from Rs 2500||2000 PPM||Buy Now|
|09. AquaSure from Aquaguard Smart Plus RO+UV+UF+MP+MTDS Water Purifier||Around Rs 3700 only||2000 PPM||Buy Now|
|10. V-Guard Reverse Osmosis Water Purifier||Around Rs. 4000 only||1800 PPM||Buy Now|
|11. Rk Aquafresh India Az Series K200||Around Rs 3800 Only||1800 PPM||Buy Now|
|12. KENT Supreme RO Water purifier||Starts from Rs 3500 to 4500||2000 PPM||Buy Now|
|13. Whirlpool Purasense 7 L RO + UV + UF + TDS Water Purifier||Around Rs 3500||2000 PPPM||Buy Now|
|14. Konvio Neer AquaNeer RO + UV + UF + TDS Adjuster Water Purifier||Around Rs 4000||3000 TDS||Buy Now|
01. AO Smith X2 5 L UV Ultra Violet + UF (Ultra Fine) Black 5 L Water Purifier
The X2 from AO Smith is a refined water purifier at the lower end of the price range. While the product only advertises as a UV + UF purifier, it can also purify water up to 200 ppm. The product is made out of food grade virgin plastic. The product requires a yearly maintenance cycle and the cost for replacement of filters costs around Rs. 1,400. The service is free during the warranty period but after that service charges may vary depending on your location.
- It has a five stage purification process
- Can operate at flow rates as low as 20 psi.
- Has a 1 year warranty period (UV lamp ad filters excluded)
- Can handle TDS up to 200ppm and hardness up to 120 ppm
- Highly compact design.
- 5 stage patented purification technology.
- Offers a digital display with warning indicators.
- Made of food grade virgin ABS.
- Relatively low maintenance cost around 1500 Rs.
- It only has a 5L storage capacity which is low for this price category
- Installation services are not available in all locations and installation service can be problematic according to online reviews of the product.
Black 5 L Water Purifier
02. KENT Ultra Storage UV Water Purifier (11042) | UV+UF Water Purification
Kent has almost become a household name in the country and has created a reputation for excellent water purification. This product from the company aims to offer a comprehensive low cost alterative for people, especially in urban areas. This UV + UF water purifier is perfect for those living in urban areas with a water supply of TDS less than 200. Customers can also select a Prefilter from the company for Rs. 1,170. Maintenance costs per year can range from as low as Rs. 950 to Rs. 1,600.
- It boasts a 8L storage tank which is among the highest in the category.
- The product uses 35W power which makes it a relatively less power consuming device.
- It has a purification capacity of 60 litres/hour
- For its storage capacity, it has a rather compact and stylish design.
- It has an inbuilt control system to alert users about any system warnings.
- The brand offers a pan India service network, which is highly accessible.
- Offers excellent protection against bacteria and viruses.
- AMC around Rs 2000
- Kent does not offer a prefilter with the product and customers who wish to purchase one might have to do so during installation at costs of Rs. 1500 to Rs. 2000.
- Cannot be used to purify high TDS water.
- It is only available in white colour which can be prone to visible stains over long time use.
UV+UF Water Purification
03. Livpure Glitz DX Pure UV+ Ultrafiltration Water Purifier with 7 L tank capacity
The Livpure Glitz DX is a versatile machine that offer the best TDS removal in the segment. The product listing suggests a capacity of 250 ppm, however, user and expert reviews suggest that it can handle up to 350 ppm easily. For better maintenance, a Pre filter is recommended with the product which can be an upfront cost, however, can reduce the cost of maintenance over time. The maintenance cost for the water purifier is likely to be within Rs. 2000. It might seem a little higher than the rest in this category, but it also offer better purification.
- Ultra-low weight for the capacity (7L) at only 4 kg where as the average is 5-6 kgs.
- The Carbon block filter offers a significantly better tasting water after the purification process.
- Their Super Sediment filter offers the experience of a much lower maintenance experience than others in the market.
- Offer a fully free installation service with promise of no hidden fees.
- Its low weight and high storage capacity
- Purification of water up to 350 ppm TDS.
- Industry Standard 1 year warranty.
- Good after sales service.
- AMC around Rs 1500
- This model also comes in only white colour which can show stains more easily.
- To make the optimum and most efficient use, we need to install a Prefilter for the device.
- Warning indicators are pretty basic.
with 7 L tank capacity
04. Faber 7 Liters, UV+UF+Alkaline Water purifier
This sleek looking black water purifier with silver coloured accent is one of the most good looking water purifiers in the segment. This water purifier is bound to look good at any kitchen. It boast of a smart energy saving mode which is quite a rarity in the segment. IN terms of maintenance, they specifically market the product as a low maintenance product.
- Unique 7 stage purification system that can deal with TDS up to 2500 ppm which is unique in this category.
- It has an excellent UV filter.
- It has a large 7L storage tank.
- It uses alkaline technology to offer pH balanced water for superior mouth feel.
- It has a sleek design in Black colour which is quite rare in this category.
- Low maintenance cost
- Large storage tank of 7L
- Offers pH balance technology
- Can handle TDS up to 2500 ppm
- After sales service is excellent
- AMC around Rs 2000
- It can be a bit bulky
- Can have some issues in manufacturing or delivery, some reviews have suggested water leakage problems.
05. Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Amaze RO+UV+MTDS Water Purifier-
The Aquasure Amaze is the newest and most advanced purifier in Eureka Forbes’ series which is a low-cost RO water purifier. It is considered one of India’s best-selling RO purifiers. One obvious reason for its enormous appeal is the inexpensive cost of ownership and upkeep. Aquaguard water purifier maintenance cost is very reasonable and can fit into almost everyone’s budget.
- It has a RO+UV purification compact with a TDS controller for regulating the TDS level of the filtered water
- Suitable for purifying tap, bore well, municipal or groundwater.
- Simple and small design.
- Notifies you automatically in the event of a UV failure.
- It has a 7-litre semi-transparent storage tank.
- LED indications to indicate tank full/empty, and purification on/off.
- This water purifier can be easily kept in the kitchen or can be hung on the wall because of its compact design.
- UV filtration is present which is an excellent choice since it kills germs and viruses.
- The MTDS function aids in the replenishment of minerals lost during RO water filtration.
- The expense of maintenance is inexpensive and the annual maintenance cost starts from Rs. 999 only.
- No signs of any alert or indicator for filter change
- There is no external pre-filter.
RO+UV+MTDS Water Purifier
06. AO Smith Z9 Hot+ normal RO
The AO Smith Z9 Hot+ normal RO is the ideal choice if you only want to buy a water purifier for your kitchen. It includes two water dispenser taps, each of which can deliver filtered water at various temperatures.
- This water purifier features two water dispensers.
- Has a total of a 10-litres storage tank.
- It has double-layered protection combined with an SCMT membrane.
- It has a 1-year warranty.
- It has a luminous LCD display for accessing the buttons at night.
- You will be notified if the filter has to be changed.
- Mineralizer is present which helps to maintain the pH balance.
- The annual maintenance cost of this purifier starts from Rs. 2500 only.
- There is no UV protection for eliminating microbiological contamination.
07. Kent – 11076 New Grand 8-Litres Wall-Mountable RO + UV+ UF + TDS
Kent – 11076 New Grand 8-Litres Wall-The Grand model is another fantastic KENT product that you should check out. It has an 8-litre storage tank and also consists of an incredible flow rate. In addition, the purification cycle can cleanse up 15 litres of water in an hour. As a consequence, the storage tank will quickly fill, assuring that you will never run out of clean water.
- Has a 15-litre-per-hour flow rate.
- Includes an 8-litre storage tank.
- Dispensable tap that is simple to use.
- Has a low power consumption to help you save money on your electricity costs.
- The TDS level may be adjusted according to the source water.
- There will be no service charges for an additional three years, and after that, the annual maintenance cost starts from Rs. 2000 including GST only.
- During the purification cycle, approximately 650 ml of water is wasted every litre.
Wall-Mountable RO + UV+ UF + TDS
08. V-Guard Reverse Osmosis Water Purifier
The V-Guard Zenora water purifier has become a renowned brand because of the warranty coverage of the company for all the appliance filters. So, as a result, it is not required to spend a huge amount of money on servicing individually.
- It has a compact and modern style design.
- Includes three pre-filters for exterior installation.
- It has a 1-year warranty.
- The 7-litre water tank is adequate for an ordinary Indian household.
- It is built of ABS food-grade polymer to avoid toxication.
- It has a LED indicator for a better alert system.
- The annual maintenance cost of this purifier starts from Rs. 4000 only.
- There is no UV purifying mechanism for eliminating microorganisms.
09. Whirlpool Purasense 7 L RO + UV + UF + TDS Water Purifier
This product from Whirlpool can be an excellent pick for you if you are looking for a low-maintenance cost water purifier. You can change the filter of this purifier yourself without taking any professional assistance. With adaptive intelligence, TDS levels are detected and treated automatically by the water purifier. It has an activated carbon block design and can purify water in 9 stages.
- Adaptive Intelligence technology.
- Activated carbon block design.
- It comes with a DIY filter replacement technology.
- It purifies the water in 9 stages.
- Its calcium boost technology adds calcium content to your drinking water.
- The annual maintenance cost of this product starts from just Rs. 999.
- The price of this product is a bit towards the higher side.
10. Mi Smart Water Purifier
Mi is considered one of the popular brands that have never let its customers down with its products or services. As a result, it has produced a water purifier with a filter-changing feature that can be done by the user. It clearly means that it is not required to call a professional to change the cartridges, saving you a lot of money. Instead, this function will help you save money by allowing you to change the filter fast and without wasting time.
- It has a DIY filter-changing feature.
- It can be controlled from a distance.
- It consists of 5-stages of protection.
- It can endure a long time because the filter has a one-year life span.
- It can be accessed remotely for improved monitoring and operations.
- You can change filters without the assistance of a professional and the maintenance cost is also minimal.
- There are no carbon blocks, which means that the volatile organic molecules in the water are generally removed.
11. AquaSure from Aquaguard Smart Plus RO+UV+UF+MP+MTDS Water Purifier
This appliance features AMC support that drastically minimise maintenance costs. It is another low-maintenance RO water purifier which works on smart technology. Furthermore, the RO filter cartridge consists of a total of 60,000-hour life expectancy. You will be notified as soon as the filter reaches the end of its useful life, due to the built-in alarm mechanism.
- It comprises a TDS mineralizer.
- The purifier’s aesthetics are impeccable.
- It has an automatic off mechanism.
- It is equipped with LED indicators for early alerts regarding any malfunction.
- It can withstand voltage fluctuations owing to the built-in inverter technology
- The annual maintenance cost of the purifier starts from Rs. 1999 only.
- There is no post-RO carbon block to eliminate volatile organic contaminants.
RO+UV+UF+MP+MTDS Water Purifier
12. Rk Aquafresh India Az Series K200
In terms of functionality, the R.K Aqua Fresh RO water is a less maintenance water purifier that meets up to the brand’s promises. The upper body of the product is incredibly transparent, letting you to see the amount of water within at a glance. Because its size fits nicely into every nook, it is not a bulky product that takes up a lot of space. In comparison to other brands, this model uses very little electricity. The RO purifiers on the market require the purchase of an extra pre-filter whereas this purifier comes with a pre-filter and costs less.
- Installation can be done on table tops and walls.
- It has a 1-year comprehensive warranty.
- This purifier is suitable for top TDS water and also borewell water.
- Highly reasonable pricing.
- Low electricity usage.
- Water source compatibility.
- UV-fail warning.
- Reasonable pricing.
- RO filtering system with five stages.
- Hands-free service and maintenance.
- The annual maintenance cost of this purifier can be around Rs. 999 only.
- There is a modest increase in water waste.
12. KENT Supreme RO Water purifier
Kent has long been one of India’s greatest purifier manufacturers, and their elegant model is proof of that. There are many filtration stages in this purifier, as well as an in-tank UV sterilisation system for 100 per cent pure water.
- It has a wall mount function.
- Has a TDS adjuster.
- It has an 8-litre of storage tank.
- Has the capacity to filter water without producing any waste.
- Has a wall-mount feature for saving space in the kitchens.
- It is made up of ABS plastic.
- The annual maintenance cost of this product starts from Rs 2000 only.
- If there isn’t enough room on the kitchen walls, the installation might be difficult.
14. Konvio Neer AquaNeer RO + UV + UF + TDS Adjuster Water Purifier
This water purifier from Konvio can purify water up to 3000 TDS. It is best to treat bore well water and water with high TDS levels. It uses Artificial Intelligence to ensure that you are getting healthy water only. Besides, it automatically generates service tickets if any malfunction is caused. Additionally, it comes with a smart app that allows easy accessibility.
- It uses reverse osmosis, and ultraviolet technology to purify water.
- 6-stage purification.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Has a dedicated Konvio Neer smart app.
- This purifier can treat water that contains high level of TDS.
- It is ideal for water that is sourced from bore well, tankers, etc.
- It comes with a digital dashboard that helps in tracking all the data.
- It comes with an extended one-year warranty.
- You can easily buy its maintenance kit and do it all by yourself.
- According to some users, the exterior cover of this product is not very sturdy.
RO + UV + UF + TDS Adjuster Water Purifier
What exactly is a water purifier?
A water purifier is a device for purifying water. It not only helps to remove harmful contaminants but also makes your water taste better, smell better, and look better. Inorganic and organic substances, chlorine, soil residues, and organic odours are also reduced. The water purifier has become one of the most necessary household items that protect your family’s health. Thus it is important to make sure that you protect yourself from potentially deadly waterborne diseases at home with a good water purifier.
What are the types of water purifiers?
In this blog, we have outlined some of the different types of water purifiers and purification systems available on the market. Some water purifiers combine multiple technologies, such as RO and UV, to purify water. One should select a water purifier which ideally meets all the requirements based on the TDS level. This section will assist you in selecting the best strategy for you.
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water Purifier– The RO (Reverse Osmosis) process passes water through semipermeable membranes (also known as RO membranes) with extremely small pores using high pressure. Since the pores are so tiny and small that only water can pass through it thus leaving behind impurities, such as fungi, bacteria and some heavy metals. You need not worry about contaminants getting into your drinking water, since all those impurities are removed at a separate outlet.
- Ultraviolet Water Purifier- With this water purifier, microorganisms are completely eliminated without the use of chemical compounds. It works because water passes through an ultraviolet tube that emits UV light. The water purifier is able to kill even the most harmful microorganisms, and even if some do survive, their potency has probably decreased because of the attack. Additionally, the UV tube only needs to be replaced on a yearly basis (if necessary) or in the event of any malfunctions
- Ultrafiltration (UF) Water Purifier- In a similar manner to RO water purifiers, UF water purifiers use membranes that prevent all solids from passing through them. This helps to trap large particles, debris, and even microorganisms so they won’t flow with the water. Water purifiers using UF are not ideal for every household. People who can use this type of water treatment are those who are not tackling the problem of hard water in their area. The device is good at removing larger microbes, but it may fail to remove small microorganisms. In addition, the membrane should be cleaned frequently and daily to prevent unwanted deposits.
- Gravity-Based/Non-Electric Water Purifier- Have you ever heard of using gravity to filter water? This water purifier is capable of doing this, and it may be equipped with activated charcoal or a UF filtering membrane to remove contaminants and pollutants. This kind of water purifier also uses a fibre mesh to remove particles. One of the most significant advantages of this sort of filtration system is that it is not reliant on power.
Why should you use a water purifier?
Water purifiers are a fantastic alternative for the majority of Indian households. Few water purifiers, such as RO (Reverse Osmosis) purifiers, have grown so popular and famous in India that the name “RO” has become a common name when it comes to “water purifiers.” Water purifiers can swiftly remove contaminants such as dirt, sand, germs, viruses, and excess dissolved solids such as magnesium and calcium among others.
Is a Water Purifier Necessary in India?
Everyone is aware that there is a myriad of dangerous compounds contained in standard water systems. This is why you will see individuals chasing Best Water Purifiers, commercials on the TV screens, people advising one other on safe drinking water, and so on. These are the items that must not be overlooked. People are getting concerned about the cleanliness of their drinking water. It is certainly caused for concern because reports of harmful compounds and metals detected in tap water are discovered on a daily basis.
Swallowing tap water straight today is equivalent to drinking poison. Consuming tap water can cause a variety of health issues, some of which are potentially fatal. This is the main reason why drinking water from filters is necessary. Purchasing the Best RO water purifier in India is the most effective way to obtain safe and clean drinking water. In India, it is common practice to boil water before consuming it, although this is no longer a definite means to ensure that the water is safe. Boiling water can only destroy germs; it cannot remove lead or other hazardous compounds. Today’s modern purifiers are jam-packed with several functions that assure 100 per cent pure drinking water.
Factors to consider before purchasing a low-maintenance water filter: Buying guide?
- Filter Life: It’s best to choose a water purifier that comes with a long-life filter. This greatly reduces maintenance effort. In addition, you do not need to call repair service frequently to replace the filter. This is quite expensive.
- DIY filter replacement: Some air purifiers have filters with DIY replacement characteristics. This means that you can change the filters yourself without using professional tools. All you need to buy is the filter in question.
- Extended warranty: The cost of maintenance is usually less when the purifier is still within the warranty period. But once the warranty runs out, you will have to pay dearly for even the maintenance work. Therefore, it is better to choose a purifier with a warranty that can be extended by a year or two.
- AMC Service Support: Purchasing a water purifier with an annual maintenance contract support system will significantly reduce overall maintenance costs. Although AMC support is unavailable for all water purifiers, some models are equipped with this feature.
- Power consumption: The consumption of the power must be lower than that of other appliances. With less power consumption, it requires less maintenance. Therefore, you will not have to spend too much money to maintain the function of the filter.
- Auto-off feature: Assume the water purifier has an auto-off feature. In this case, it will immediately turn off the filtration system when the tank is full of water. Therefore, there will be no waste of water or damage to the water tank
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
It is recommended that the water purifier be serviced at least twice a year. If you live in a region where the incoming water contains a lot of iron or metal, you should surely call for maintenance at least three to four times a year.
A water purifier’s typical lifespan is 6 to 7 years. However, good usage and appropriate maintenance may extend the life of a product.
When the water purifier isn’t in use, make sure it’s turned off. You must also guarantee that the purifier’s incoming supply line is not connected directly to municipal water.
The maintenance of RO water purifiers is less expensive, allowing you to save a lot of money.
Yes, of course. Just like any other water purifier, RO water purifiers also require regular maintenance.
Thus, in this blog, we have mentioned some of the top best water purifier with low maintenance cost. Different water sources, including different pollutants, may be required for different types of water purifiers. We’ve put up a comprehensive water purifier shopping guide to assist you in selecting the water purifier with low maintenance cost for your home or workplace.