Cold weather is much more difficult for babies than for adults. They lose heat faster because of their larger body surfaces than their mass. Using a heater can help keep a room warm, but watch it carefully so it does not get too hot. Finding the right one can be challenging despite the variety of baby heater models and types available. Therefore, this comprehensive guide has been designed to assist you in choosing the best room heater for your baby in India. The best baby heaters have been reviewed based on their features, benefits, and drawbacks. Finally, I have included a few FAQs that you might find helpful when purchasing a baby room heater.
Characteristics of best room heaters for babies?
- Children should not be exposed to room heaters. It should not harm children even if they mistakenly touch it. It should be safe for children.
- Room heaters should not burn oxygen. Suffocation occurs when the oxygen in the room is burned. By opening the door, you can avoid suffocation, but you also make the room colder.
- The humidity should not be reduced. The lack of humidity can cause nasal blockage and dry eyes. Humidifiers can be used to overcome this problem.
- Consumption of electricity is low. The baby will be comfortable using it all day long. The electricity bill i because it consumes less electricity
List of some of the best room heaters for baby
Warmth and comfort are the top priorities during the winter. Keep your little ones comfortable with the best room heater for baby rooms. Heating your room keeps you warm in cold weather and enables you to sleep better at night. For a little one to benefit from a room environment, the temperature needs to be optimal. Reading the post, you can learn about the safety precautions to take when using heaters and the factors to consider when purchasing heaters.
01. Orpat OEH-1220 2000-Watt Fan Heater
A fan room heater like the Orpat OEH-1220 is used in cold weather to heat the room. Despite being at its maximum temperature, the heater can operate for a long time. The element heater is one of the safest products on the market. It features a thermal and a safety cut-out, ensuring prolonged safe operation regardless of high temperatures. Throughout the day or night, this keeps the room warm.
- It is safe to touch or move this room heater even while it is on, thanks to its cool-to-touch exterior.
- There are two heat settings on the element heater.
- Power settings can be selected by the user based on their needs.
- Despite years of use, this heating appliance remains non-sagging, ensuring long-term use.
- Ideal for rooms up to 250 square feet
- Plastic and metal are the materials used for the body.
- Heat can be set to two different power levels
- Extremely effective at heating a room
- The quality of the construction is excellent
- User-friendly and comfortable
- Suitable for student budgets as well
- This feature does not support elevation or angle.
02. Amazon Brand – Solimo 2000/1000 Watts Room Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
Using its copper wound motor, the Solimo Room Heater generates enough heat to warm up small to medium-sized rooms with 2400 rotations every minute and also works on 2000 watts
- A variable thermostat and two knobs are included with the heater
- Additionally, it can be installed horizontally or vertically on a wall, away from children’s reach
- Overheating is prevented by the heater’s design
- When the temperature reaches 130°C, it automatically shuts off the motor.
- The heater has a fire-resistant plastic body.
- The copper element is securely sealed inside a metal grill, so it is safe to use in homes and with families.
- It can also be used as a fan during warmer seasons because of its dual functionality.
- Fast heating with powerful copper winded motor at 2400 RPM
- Various heat settings can be selected with the adjustable temperature control option
- High-grade material is used to ensure high efficiency and performance
- Suitable for horizontal and vertical use
- The lightweight design makes it easy to transport from room to room
- Switches and knobs are not durable.
03. Orient Electric Areva FH20WP 2000/1000 Watts Fan Room Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
Heat up your room with the Orient Electric Room Heater this winter. A copper motor and metal mesh guard protect the heating elements from accidental contact, giving the heater a long life and trouble-free performance.
- The unit’s chassis is made of ABS, protected from overloads, and has five levels of protection.
- Lifting and carrying the heater is easy with the integrated handle.
- Safety consideration has been given to the design of this heater.
- A cool feeling remains when the cabinet is in operation.
- A tip-over or excessive heat will automatically shut off the heater.
- A control knob and a dial are located on the unit. Temperature control and fan speed control are provided.
- There is also a dial for setting fan-only mode.
- Your home will be warm this winter with this 1-year warranty room heater
- It can be placed vertically or horizontally, according to your preference.
- A variable heating position allows you to adjust the heater’s heat to meet your needs.
- Air distribution can be accomplished vertically as well as horizontally.
- The heater has an easy-to-carry handle that allows you to carry it anywhere.
- Quickly warms up a room.
- Overheating is handled intelligently.
- Horizontal placement generates a lot of noise.
05. USHA Quartz Room Heater with Overheating Protection
This Usha room heater provides effective heat for any room at an adjustable temperature. Winters can be very cold without this product. Usha room heaters use 230 volts and are economically designed. An automatic shutoff switch prevents overheating of the heater. If the heater falls or tips over, this switch will shut it off. This Usha Quartz Room Heater has been powder coated, so it will not corrode.
- Two different positions are available for positioning the heater.
- Ideal for rooms up to 150 square feet
- Power consumption is low
- Two heat settings are available
- There are two power options: 400W and 800W
- It provides a heating element for quartz tubes
- The heater comes with hooks for storing the power cord at the back.
- It is very portable and lightweight.
- This room heater uses newer technologies that make it easy to use.
- During those chilly nights, it can provide soothing warmth.
- In the event that the heater tilts or falls, the safety tip-over switch automatically shuts it off.
- Corrosion-resistant powder coating is available.
- Your comfort can be ensured with two heating positions.
- Handle/grip in-built for perfect durability.
Product warranty of one year
- Heating tubes last only a short time.
06. Havells OFR – 11Fin 2900-Watt PTC Fan Heater-With its OFR 11 wave fins and 2900
watt fan, the Havells OFR 11 room heater is a very efficient and energy-saving room heater. Designed with large wave fins, the surface is designed to heat faster. HD320 grade oil is used in this room heater to ensure long-term durability and high efficiency. This Havells room heater is the right choice. If you want a heater, you can easily move between rooms.
- The base is fitted with wheels which makes moving it quite easy.
- Three different power settings are available for this awesome PTC fan heater.
- The thermostatic heat control can heat up your room faster and more efficiently.
- Using its oscillation function, it is capable of delivering heating in multiple directions.
- The appliance is protected from damage by an overheating safety feature.
- The plastic body of the device remains cool throughout its operation
- This room heater provides the perfect comfort.
- The oscillation function allows the heater to be heated in multiple directions.
- Protects the product from dust with a washable dust filter.
- The color combination is excellent and will work well for a wide range of décor styles.
- When the temperature reaches a maximum, it will automatically shut off.
- Energy consumption is very high.
06. Bajaj Blow Hot 2000 Watts Fan Forced Circulation Room Heater
This Bajaj Blow Room Heater is ideal for heating a room in the winter. In the design of the heater, two 1-kilowatt long-running heating elements are included. By tweaking the average power, the user can maintain the desired temperature. There is a downward flow of warm air and an upward flow from the stand. In terms of its usage, it is economical.
- A key feature of this heater is its easy mobility.
- Its grille material is plastic, so it is highly impact-resistant and tough.
- Unless you feel warm or hot, you won’t notice that it exists because its operation is so quiet.
- A height adjustment is also available.
- This product meets Indian standards and gives you a rich experience.
- It requires a voltage of 220-240V, and the cord measures 1.5 meters long.
- Temperature can be adjusted according to preference
- An automatic thermal shutdown prevents overheating
- The build quality is excellent
- Makes it safer to use because it is cool to the touch
- It is easy to operate the switches because they are sturdy
- The high mode is noisy.
Things to consider while purchasing the best room heater for baby: Buyers guide
In today’s market, room heaters come in a variety of styles. So, how to choose the best room heater for your baby? When deciding what to do, keep these things in mind.
01. Putting safety first
A room heater must be safe for your baby when you choose it. To ensure the heater doesn’t tip over, it should have an automatic shutoff feature.
02. Easy to use
Room heaters should be easy to use, so you don’t have to struggle with them. Rather, choose one with a clear display and simple controls.
You may need to transport your room heater when you travel or use it in multiple rooms. Make sure the model you choose is compact and portable.
04. Energy Efficiency
Choosing a room heater for your baby should also consider energy efficiency. Choose a model with an Energy Star rating to ensure that your electricity bill won’t rise.
Room heaters can be either convection, radiant, or ceramic heaters. Warm air is circulated throughout the room by convection heaters. Infrared waves emitted by radiant heaters directly heat objects in the room. An electric ceramic heater produces warm air by heating a ceramic element.
Room heaters should have a timer as an important feature. So that you don’t have to worry about the heater running all night, you can set it so that it turns off after a certain amount of time.
Thermostats are also important features to consider. The heater can be set to turn on and off based on the desired temperature for the room.
08. Remote Control
It is convenient to use the remote control to adjust the heater’s settings without ever having to stand up.
09. Level of noise
The last thing you should consider is how noisy the room heater is. Other models can be quite loud, while others are very quiet. Make sure the model you choose is quiet if noise is an issue for you.
Safety Precautions when using the best room heater for baby
Precautions to take when using a fan heater or infrared heater:
- Steamers and humidifiers can be used to prevent the air from drying out. Maintaining humidity in a room with a heater can be achieved by keeping a bowl of water nearby. Water bowls should be kept away from heaters or electrical switches.
- Ensure that the temperature in the room is comfortable by running the heater. Thermostats can prevent the room from becoming too hot by maintaining a uniform temperature. You may find that your baby’s body temperature rises if the heater runs too fast for an extended period.
- If your home is frequently affected by power outages and the air conditioner shuts off intermittently, wrap your child in an additional layer of clothing. Turn off the heater when it is on.
- Baby should not be able to reach the heater. You can captivate your stoic baby with a heater with colorful coils. A heater can burn a person severely if it gets too hot while running.
- Furthermore, it is also important to keep your heater away from your cupboard, baby cot, bed, mat, or books at an appropriate distance. If flammable objects surround the heater or blower, make sure they are not flammable themselves.
- Ensure that heaters and blowers are maintained in accordance with their instructions or the accompanying manual. If this is not done, toxic substances can be released into the air, or a short circuit can occur.
What is the safest room heater for a baby?
Is it safe for babies to use oil-filled heaters?
How can you tell if your baby is warm enough at night?
Does the room heater need to be kept on for kids all night?
How should the sleeping environment be prepared when using a room heater?
If you are a new mother, you should only use a room heater when it is necessary. The best thing you can do to keep your baby warm during the day is to open the windows rather than use a room heater. Baby-safe room heaters should have programmable thermostats and automated controls. Children’s bedrooms would benefit from an overnight heater with a programmable thermostat. Space heaters should always be used according to the manufacturer’s instructions, and devices with hazardous gas emissions should be avoided. Read the user’s manual to find out more about these features. If you are concerned about your baby’s safety, you can also purchase a portable heater.