Turmeric is an essential part of Indian cuisine. Turmeric isn’t just used to give curry its yellow color; it was also used in ancient times for beauty treatments. Your mom or grandmother probably told you about its healing properties or how it helps to achieve glowing skin. When combined with complementary ingredients, it is said to have many skin benefits. Firstly, let’s discover some of turmeric’s benefits before learning how to use it on face for glowing skin
Benefits of applying turmeric on skin
- Gives your skin a natural glow -It is believed that turmeric can lighten the skin and reveal a glow when applied regularly. It is thus common for turmeric to be used in Indian wedding rituals. The purpose of this is to enhance the natural glow of your skin on wedding day. It restores your skin’s natural glow by bringing out the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties in turmeric.
- Skin-soothing- Inflammatory and antimicrobial properties are among the benefits of turmeric. The presence of a unique component called curcumin is responsible for these effects. Soothing skin diseases like eczema and rosacea can be treated with this substance thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties
- Acne scars can be healed-Turmeric face masks are effective in both preventing and treating acne caused by bacteria due to their antibacterial properties. Acne flare-ups are also reduced since it controls oil secretion.
- Reduces the signs of aging-Turmeric contains a lot of antioxidants. These aid in neutralising newly produced free radicals, which considerably slows down or stops the ageing process. Furthermore, it works on aging signs that already exist
- Provides relief from psoriasis- You can also get psoriasis on your face. Your skin becomes thick and extremely dry when you have this condition. The use of turmeric for treating facial psoriasis has been suggested by experts. In addition to killing bacteria that cause psoriasis, turmeric is also anti-inflammatory and reduces the inflammation of the skin
How to use turmeric on face for glowing skin
You can use the wonderful spice in several ways to achieve glowing, blemish-free skin by incorporating it into your skincare regimen
- Exfoliation -The face should be cleansed and exfoliated with gram flour and turmeric powder. As a result, dead skin cells are removed and the complexion is rejuvenated.
- As a treatment for acne -Combined with this powerful combination, you will be able to get rid of dull skin and combat acne. You can apply a paste of lemon juice, honey and turmeric powder to your neck and face and then wash it off with warm water.
- As night-crème- Apply turmeric paste to your face after making a paste with milk or yogurt. Leaving the mask on overnight will allow it to dry. In the morning, remove the mask with a gentle cleanser.
- Cleansing – Equal amounts of rice flour or chickpea need to be mixed with turmeric powder. Apply the paste evenly to the face after adding milk or yoghurt.
- Glowing agent- Get glowing skin with this mix. The skin is naturally moisturised by honey while it is brightened by turmeric. Mix these two ingredients and apply it to your face. This combination makes for a fantastic and simple face pack.
Turmeric has been used for centuries as a treatment for a wide variety of skin conditions. Facial psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, acne and other skin conditions can be treated with it. There are a number of over-the-counter skincare products that contain turmeric. Alternatively, DIY masks and face packs can serve the purpose if you don’t want to use over-the-counter products. You should however, first check how your skin reacts to it before applying it to your face. Find out what works best for your skin type and use turmeric accordingly.