An electric stand mixer comes with several attachments. The first thing you should do when you receive your new stand mixer is learn how to use it. You can try connecting attachments to your stand mixer once you have determined whether it has a bowl-lifting lever or tilt head. Make sure the attachment you choose is suitable for the type of food you are making and adjust the speed accordingly. Throughout this blog, I will explain how to use stand mixer attachments. So keep reading
How to use stand mixer attachments
The following steps will help you install your stand mixer attachment if you are using one. Stand mixers of every size, model, and type follow the same steps. There are a few differences between each attachment, but the way they connect to the stand mixer is the same.
- Firstly, the metal power hub cover on the front of the stand mixer should be removed or flipped up when the mixer is unplugged. Turn the power hub right and remove the thumb screw.
- Next, the attachment shaft must be inserted into the square hub socket of the power hub, making sure it fits properly. Ensure that the attachment fits properly by rotating it if necessary. Pins on attachments fit into hub rims when they are in the correct position.
- Once the attachment is fully secured into the stand mixer, rotate the thumb screw clockwise to tighten it.
- Depending on your needs, place the container below the attachment.
- Depending on your mixer attachment, you should follow the directions or instruction manual that come with it. For example- Ice cream attachment stir speeds can range from 2 to 5, while grain mill speeds can be as high as 10. Thus, If you want to get the best results from your product, pay attention to the instructions
It’s not necessary to have a stand mixer attachment to stir, beat, whip, or knead things. Nevertheless, you can turn your stand mixer into a multi-purpose countertop appliance by using attachments. With attachments, you can explore new techniques and discover new favourites in the kitchen and bakery.
Stand mixer attachments-Tips
- Attachments storage – The cost of replacing or repairing attachments can be high if they are damaged or lost. Keeping the attachments together, preferably in the bowl, prevents them from getting lost. Attachments should only be used when your mixer is being used. Mixers should not be stored with attachments attached. It might be a good idea of hanging the attachments under the cabinets using hooks.
- Approved attachments should only be used – Do not use third-party attachments which are not designed for your stand mixer because they may cause electric shock or, even worse, fly off if not fitted properly.
- Tips for Dough Hooks– It is always recommended that you use low-speed settings for the dough hook attachment. The motor could overheat if the setting is increased. The limits of your maximum speed are set only by the capabilities of the equipment you’re using
If you are not using the stand mixer, always unplug it. Keeping the plug dry is important for any electrical appliance. Damaged machines and cords should not be used. Whenever something breaks with your stand mixer, do not try to fix it yourself. Instead, have it checked and serviced by a professional.
When whipping things like egg whites or making bread dough, you need to make sure you have the correct mixer attachment. Your batters and dough’s will attain the ideal texture only if you use the correct mixer attachments. If you use the right one, you’ll not only prevent damage to your mixer but also get better results.