Looking for the best best face brightening cream for men in India 2022, then, you are in the right [lace. Have you watched on TV or on your phone and seen men turning around their skin colour in 24 hours? From having a dark complexion to becoming instantly fair these kind of ads though unrealistic have actually captivated the audience. I am sure even you are wondering how to change your complexion and become a few shades lighter for that matter.
Well, that is easier said than done. It is not easy to change one’s colour and instead our perspective regarding one’s skin tone should change. I never condone the practice of fair complexion. Over the years what I have understood is that we can achieve good skin that is healthy and blemish free brightening our faces naturally.
You don’t have to resort to chemicals and bleaches that will make you fair by literally stripping a layer of the skin. In this blog post, I talk about face brightening creams that are made of natural ingredients and will naturally brighten your skin and help you tackle other skin problems such as signs of ageing, dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles. Today, in this post I will try to guide you to select best face brightening cream for men in India 2022.
So, let’s start with the basics – “What is a face brightening cream?”
What is a face brightening cream?
A face brightening cream is a cream that will add radiance to your face without bleaching it. They will deliver a natural glow to your face and even the skin tone and reduce dark spots and hyperpigmentation at the same time, leaving you with a radiant and flawless skin. They also moisturise your face and treat any cases of skin chapping.
Ingredients that need to be there for brightening your skin naturally
With the advance in technology researchers and scientists have not only identified the ingredients that work on the skin but also have been able to extract them and convert them into a stable chemical compound. I have listed some ingredients that need to be there in your face brightening cream if you expect it to work. So, let’s jump in!
Glutathione is produced in the liver and is an amalgamation of amino acids like glycine, cysteine and glutamic acid and has many health benefits. It is involved in tissue repair and plays an important role in the immune system. And it also brightens the skin naturally without any harmful side effects. Glutathione injections are common and as an ingredient, it is also added to fave brightening creams.
Kojic acid is a chemical produced from different types of fungi and is also a by-product of fermented products like soy or rice wine. This product has many side effects and can be harmful in the long run if it is used carelessly and not in the correct strength. That is why it is not recommended OTC and a dermatologist should prescribe this product only after assessing your skin health.
Retinols (vitamin A derivate), Niacinamide (vitamin B3 derivative), vitamin C (ascorbic acid), Vitamin E and its chemical derivatives, Vitamin K and its chemical derivatives are very effective ingredients in your face brightening creams and will help your skin become radiant naturally without any side effects.
Hyaluronic acid is the latest revolutionary ingredient in skincare. Like glutathione, this is also produced by the body and helps build and maintain collagen in the skin. When used topically in creams it plumps your skin, hydrating it naturally and making your face bright and radiant.
Your face creams can also contain face oils like castor oil, tree tea oil, argan oil, avocado oil, olive oil, shea butter, coconut oil which are all very good for the skin. They contain properties that naturally brighten your skin and leave it soft and moist for a very long time. Coconut oil is considered comedogenic but when used in cream it nourishes your skin quite effectively.
Now, that you know what ingredients should be in your cream you also need to know which ones you need to avoid. These ingredients are very harmful in the long run and have damaging side effects. Parabens, fillers, phthalates, and SLS compounds are some of the ingredients to avoid.
You need to avoid hydroquinone and its chemical derivatives at all costs as this is a banned ingredient. Mineral oil in the form of liquid paraffin is a petrochemical product and is very harmful to the skin. Opt for creams that are hypoallergenic and do not contain any unnecessary fragrances as these are quite misleading.
List of the Best face brightening cream for men
Following are the most popular face brightening cream for men in India
01. Good Vibes Rice Brightening Gel Creme
Good Vibes Rice Brightening Gel Crème is a wonderful cream by the brand good vibes. Rice water and rice extract are known for their beneficial properties for hair and skin. This product has those very properties making it a very effective face brightening cream. It also helps in evening the skin tone and fighting dark spots leaving your skin blemish free and healthy.
- It is a hydrating face brightening cream that is suitable for all skin types
- It is unscented cream and helps restore your skin’s protective barrier
- It is a super light and non-sticky cream made from natural ingredients and contains rice extracts that hydrate your face naturally
- It provides instant moisturisation to the skin and makes it plump and radiant at the same time
02. The Man Company Skin Brightening Cream
The Man Company Skin Brightening Cream with Multani Mitti, Cocoa Butter, Hyaluronic Acid | Best Face cream for Glowing Skin Product description is a great cream from the man company that brightens your face and evens your skin tone without any long term side effects. It also hydrates your skin and is suitable for all skin types. It contains vitamins A & C that brightens your skin and has powerful ingredients like Multani mittti which removes blackheads and clears your acne.
- It has a good amount of vitamins like Vitamin A, B & C
- It works against dark spots and hyperpigmentation effectively
- It helps provide an even skin tone and the cocoa butter moisturises your face deeply
- It helps clear superficial acne scars and pigmentation.
03. SkinKraft Correxion Night Cream for Dark Spots & Pigmentation
SkinKraft Correxion Night Cream for Dark Spots & Pigmentation is an amazing cream from the brand Skinkraft.
It is a dermatologist approved cream that contains ingredients like vitamin C and retinol that are quite effective in brightening your skin. This is a night cream and it reduces the appearance of ageing. It specifically targets dark spots and regions of hyperpigmentation to deliver you a smooth and radiant skin.
- This is a night cream that is formulated with active ingredients like Vitamin C, retinol and aloe vera.
- It encourages the healthy production of collagen making the skin smooth and firm and giving it an even complexion
- It protects the skin from oxidative stress and works to break down the excess melanin in your skin which is present as hyperpigmentation.
- It also protects your skin from sun damage leaving it radiant and bright.
04. Organic Harvest Vitamin C Face Cream & Serum
Organic Harvest Vitamin C Face Cream & Serum for Skin Whitening & Brightening is a good cream that brightens your face naturally. This pack available on Amazon contains both a face brightening cream and a serum that helps maintain a glowing and radiant skin. It contains all natural ingredients like daisy extracts and acai berry. It is a day cream that also contains vitamin C and deeply nourishes your skin. It also effectively evens your skin tone and helps you maintain a uniform complexion.
- This cream deeply nourishes your face and the vitamin C brightens it naturally.
- It also promotes healthy skin and helps in quick cell generation
- The ingredients in this cream help you acquire a smooth and blemish free skin
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant that eliminates the free radicals in the skin.
05. WOW Skin Science Vitamin C Face Cream for Radiant Skin
WOW Skin Science Vitamin C Face Cream for Radiant Skin is a great cream from the WOW brand. It is a deeply hydrating and nourishing cream that gives you an even skin tone and a smooth complexion. It contains effective ingredients like vitamin C, shea butter, hyaluronic acid that tackle the signs of ageing and brightens your face from the inside.
- It contains ingredients like Vitamin C, Moroccan argan oil, almond oil, jojoba oil and hyaluronic acid that are very essential for good skin.
- It cuts down the free radicals present in the skin and fights the signs of ageing
- It is a fast absorbing, non-sticky and non-greasy cream
- Protects the skin from environmental damage and harsh pollutants
06. Plum Bright Years Restorative Overnight Crème
Plum Bright Years Restorative Overnight Crème is a great cream by the brand Plum. This cream is a night cream that leaves your skin healthy and restored when you wake up in the morning. It brightens your face naturally without compromising the skin barrier and makes you feel soft and radiant. It has a creamy texture and contains important ingredients like hyaluronic acid, shea butter, and vitamin E to help you give that youthful and bright appearance.
- It is a thick cream most suitable for normal and dry skin only.
- Contains active ingredients like olive oil, argan oil, shea butter, hyaluronic acid, vitamin E making it a specialist in tackling all signs of ageing
- It also fights pigmentation and imparts an even skin tone.
- This cream is formulated from plant extracts only giving you more bangs for your bucks
07. Reawaken Vitamin C Cream for Skin Brightening & Healthy Glow
Reawaken Vitamin C Cream for Skin Brightening is a good cream from the brand Reawaken. It can be used as a day cream or as a night cream. It will restore the balance in your skin, work effectively against patches of hyperpigmentation and dark spots. It is made from natural ingredients and has ingredients like Vitamin C, E, liquorice, mulberry, hyaluronic acid, wheat germ oil and aloe vera which are very good for the skin.
- This cream is very effective in reducing dark spots, blemishes, tan marks and helps even the skin tone.
- It contains natural ingredients and vitamins that reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- It nourishes and brightens your skin from the inside leaving you with a glowing face
- The ingredients of this cream also protect your skin from sun damage. It is a light non-greasy and non-sticky cream.
08. Pilgrim Face Cream For Skin Brightening and Lightening
Pilgrim Face Cream for Skin Brightening and Lightening, De-Pigmentation and Blemish Removal is an excellent cream from the brand Pilgrim which is owned by an Indian company that recently acquired Korean technology in making skincare products. This cream contains SPF 50 and deeply hydrates the skin and protects it from sun damage. It fights pigmentation, dark spots and signs of ageing. It contains all natural ingredients and is FDA approved.
- This product is a light non-greasy and non-sticky face brightening cream that is ideal for daily use
- It is enriched with SPF 50 and helps in protecting the skin from all the UVA and UVB rays
- This cream penetrates deeply into the skin and nourishes it from within
- It is quickly absorbed by the skin giving you a matte finish
09. Mamaearth Ubtan Day Cream with SPF 30
Mamaearth Ubtan Day Cream with SPF 30, with Turmeric & Saffron for Skin Brightening, is a great cream from the brand Mama Earth. It contains turmeric and saffron both of which work effectively to uplift and brighten your skin. It also protects against sun damage and helps soothe your skin. This is a day cream that is readily absorbed into your skin. It comes in a bottle with a pump allowing you to pump the exact quantity you want which you can then apply to your face and neck.
- It is a light and soft cream that is neither non-sticky nor non-greasy.
- It makes your skin radiant and bright and fights dark spots at the same time
- Protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays
- This cream is suitable to be used under your makeup
- It is also dermatologically tested
10. Ustraa De-Tan Cream for Men
Ustraa De-Tan Cream for Men For Tan removal & Even Skin tone, With Japanese Yuzu & Liquorice, Prevents Dark Spots is a good cream from the brand Ustraa. It is made from natural ingredients and promotes even skin tone. It is especially helpful in removing dark circles under your eyes and fights dark spots effectively. There are no bleaching agents and instead, it has vitamin B3 which goes a long way in maintaining good skin.
- This cream is a non-greasy and non-sticky formula that helps in removing tans due to the sun
- It also tackles discolouration of skin and patches of hyperpigmentation
- Very effective in promoting an effective skin tone
- It also fights against signs of ageing and nourishes the skin from within.
How to buy the right face brightening cream?
As discussed previously a good buying strategy would be to thoroughly check out the ingredient list. It is safe to say that going for all natural ingredients without any harmful chemicals in them is your best bet. When you are buying online or offline first and foremost you need to check the ingredient list.
Then you need to check the date of manufacture and expiry. Most creams should have a shelf life of 1-3 years. As you will be applying this cream to your face never buy expired products. Opt for products that are in the prime of their shelf life and are not nearing their expiration date.
Then look at the packaging. Some creams come in tubes and some come in bottles or tubs. Make sure the packaging isn’t compromised in any manner especially if you are buying online. The seal should be intact and shouldn’t be tampered with. Finally, look into the pricing. Very expensive creams don’t translate into better ingredients or better quality for that matter.
It is not that simple and there are many factors to it. Not all good creams are expensive. You can get a very good cream for a decent price and it is a fallacy that good skincare is expensive. So, look into the prices and the ingredients and opt for creams that have good ingredients and can be purchased for a reasonable rate.
How to apply the face brightening cream?
A face brightening cream is usually applied during the day, but if the instructions on the package say otherwise then it is prudent to follow the instructions. Always apply the product after washing your face. It should be applied on a clean face only.
When applying the product take a reasonable amount that is not too much nor not too little and gently massage the cream into your face in circular motions. Be very gentle and do not be hard on your skin. Apply to all parts of the face including the nose. Apply to the neck and hands as well.
If you want to apply the cream under your eyes then take very little product (usually a dot of cream for each eye) and using your ring finger gently massage the cream from the inner under eye to the outer eye in an upward direction. The ring finger provides the right amount of pressure needed to treat the delicate skin under your eyes.
Whenever you buy face brightening creams it is always in your best interest to look at the ingredient list instead of focusing on the brand name. Most dermatologists also recommend applying any face cream or skin product to the neck and hands as well. The basic principle is to moisturise all areas of the skin that are constantly exposed to harsh weather, pollution, sun damage, dust particles, etc.
This helps in protecting your skin for a long time and you can maintain an even complexion throughout. It will also prevent dark spots or hyperpigmentation from appearing anywhere on the exposed areas of the skin.
I hope you enjoyed reading my article on the best face brightening creams that are available on the market. I have included the list of ingredients that actually work and the ingredients that you need to avoid so that your skin doesn’t get damaged and you are able to retain its radiance and youthfulness.
Do let me know how your shopping experience was. Were you able to buy any cream that suited your taste? The face brightening creams that I have listed have a host of benefits and brighten your skin naturally without having any side effects. I hope you have a nice experience buying face brightening creams armed with the information presented in my article.
Frequently Asked Questions