Laptops are the most portable devices out of all the computers on the market. The market for notebooks is growing exponentially well, so much so that it is beating the share of the desktop market by a huge margin. In India alone, laptop shipments grew by 6% to 7.9 million units from the previous year according to Mint a business newspaper.
Customers prefer laptops and notebooks and this demand is further spurred by online learning. Industry experts remain positive that this momentum will sustain in the future as well. Many branded companies continue to get fresh orders to manufacture laptops and notebooks.
This is because today’s laptop provides many advantages to its users. Despite their thin and sleek size, they pack quite a punch when it comes to having a powerful processor. In phrases of performance, there may be no distinction among a computer PC and a laptop. The reason for their burgeoning market presence has been detailed in the next section. Today, in this post I will try to guide you to select the best laptop for coding and programming under 50000.
Advantages of a coding and programming laptop
Following are the advantages coding and programming laptop
Code on the go:
Laptops are known for their portability and mobility. A good coding laptop allows its user to code anywhere and anytime. Want to sit in a café or at a crowded bus station and code? No, problem a laptop is just the device to do that.
A laptop is a complete product and has all the devices built-in. A keyboard, mouse, mic, camera and speaker are all built inside the laptop and one device will suffice to have access to them all. There is no further requirement for additional accessories allowing the user all the convenience to code.
Having a laptop means having access to instant information. It allows the user to collaborate better with their teams and counterparts and provides them with the flexibility of working and programming whenever they want to and wherever they go.
Can be operated offline:
A laptop can be used to program or code offline as well. Not only that, it can be used to serve many purposes as well. It gives its user a lot of flexibility when it comes to completing their work on time.
Amazon has a great range of exciting laptops that come with powerful processors making them perfect for coding and programming. Famous computer brands like Dell, HP and Lenovo sell their laptops on this platform at unbeatable prices. They also provide easy EMI options making it a cinch for the buyer to acquire these laptops.
List of the best laptop for coding and programming under 50000
Following is the list of the best laptop for coding and programming under 50000
01. HP 15s- Ryzen 5- 8GB RAM/512GB SSD 15.6 Inch(39.6 cm) FHD
HP 15s- Ryzen 5- 8GB RAM/512GB SSD is a silver laptop from HP and has an AMD Ryzen 5 processor. The laptop has Windows 11 as the operating software and it features a full size island style keyboard. The precision touchpad helps the user accurately navigate. It also has a built-in 720 p camera, dual speakers and dual mics as well.
- It has a full HD display that is equipped with anti-glare technology
- The AMD Radeon graphics card makes it possible to code for games also
- The 8 GB RAM can be expanded up to 16 GB
- It has a super-fast charge, meaning it can charge up to 50% in just 45 minutes.
02. Dell New Inspiron 3515 Laptop, AMD Ryzen 5-3450U
Dell New Inspiron 3515 Laptop, AMD Ryzen 5-3450U is a carbon black laptop that has an AMD ryzen 5 processor. The laptop has Windows 11 and the screen is 15.6 inches wide with a narrow border. The laptop is light and weighs less than 2 kg. The laptop also has tiny rubber feet and bumpers that prevent this product from skidding.
- It features a large keyboard that is 6.4% larger than its peers
- The laptop emits low blue light making it easy on the eyes
- It can charge up to 80% in 1 hour
- The lid sensor in the laptop turns on your computer when it is opened
03. Dell Vostro 3401 Intel I3-1005G1
Dell Vostro 3401 i3-1005G1 is an accent black laptop that has an Intel i3 processor. With a 14-inch widescreen, this laptop comes with a full HD display. It is very light and weighs only 1.59 kg. The express charge charges the laptop up to 80% in 1 hour. The 256 GB SSD storage helps the user multi-task and manage many files seamlessly.
- It has 2 DIMM slots along with a 4 GB RAM
- The narrow borders enhance the viewing experience of the screen
- The Dell mobile connect allows the user to interact with their phone from the laptop
- The Dell cinema features amazing colour and sound streaming
04. MSI Modern 14, Intel i5-10210U, 14″ FHD IPS-Level 60Hz Panel Laptop
MSI Modern 14, Intel i5-10210U, 14″ FHD IPS-Level 60Hz Panel Laptop is a carbon grey laptop that has an Intel i5 10th generation processor. The operating software of this laptop is Windows 10 and the screen is 14 inches wide. This ultra-thin and light laptop has UHD graphics the keyboard is backlit with white light.
- The 8 GB RAM is upgradable to 32 GB
- The lithium-polymer battery powers the laptop for 4 hours continuously
- The IPS antiglare display has a resolution of 1920*1080 pixels with a refresh rate of 60 hertz
- It has 720 pixel HD camera and powerful speakers
05. Lenovo V15 AMD R5 15.6 inches(39cm) FHD Laptop
Lenovo V15 AMD R5 15.6 inches FHD Laptop is an iron-grey laptop that has a Ryzen 5 processor. The operating system of this laptop is Windows 10 and the laptop can open up to 180 degrees. It also has a graphics card the integrated AMD Radeon RX Vega 8. The 1 TB HDD gives the user plenty of space to store their favourite music or movies on the laptop.
- The antiglare display has a resolution of 1920*1080 pixels with a refresh rate of 60 hertz
- It has two 1.5 watt stereo speakers with HD and Dolby audio that facilitate an immersive experience
- The laptop is equipped with a 5-hour battery life
06. Acer Aspire 3 Intel Core i5 11th Generation 15.6-inch (39.6 cms) Full HD Laptop
Acer Aspire 3 Intel Core i5 11th Generation 15.6-inch is a silver laptop with an Intel i5 11th generation processor. The 8 GB RAM can be easily extended to 12 GB. This sleek and thin laptop features narrow bezels and the 15.6-inch screen is comfortable for the eyes. The dual-storage of SSD and HDD provides plenty of space for the user to store all kinds of files.
- The Full HD display is colour rich and the Blue light shield protects the user’s eyes from blue light
- There are many types of ports increasing the connectivity capabilities of the laptop
- The laptop has been made as thin as possible to increase the portability of the device
- The ergonomic hinge draws in air from the bottom of the laptop
- It has a 9 hour battery capacity
07. HP 14s, 5th Gen AMD Ryzen 3- 8GB RAM/512GB SSD 14 inches Laptop
HP 14s, 5th Gen AMD Ryzen 3- 8GB RAM/512GB SSD 14 inch(35.6cm) Laptop is a silver laptop that has an AMD Ryzen processor. This thin, portable laptop has a micro edge bezel design and features a 14-inch widescreen. The precision touchpad facilitates faster navigation. The backlit keyboard is advantageous in lowlight conditions.
- It has a 720 pixel HD camera that comes with integrated dual mics
- It has an IPS antiglare technology screen that makes for stunning visuals
- The built-in dual speaker provides stereo surround sound
08. Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 10th Gen Intel Core i5 15.6″ (39.62cm) FHD IPS Thin & Light Laptop
Lenovo Idea Pad Slim 3 10th Gen Intel Core i5 is a platinum grey laptop that features a 10th generation Intel core i5 processor. The 8 GB RAM can be easily extended to 12 GB. The screen of this laptop comes with 2 narrow bezels and the camera is equipped with a privacy shutter. The battery comes with an 8 hour life and can rapidly charge in an hour.
- It features HD audio and Dolby Audio
- The FHD screen is 15.6 inches wide and comes with antiglare technology
- It has an Intel UHD Integrated graphics card that delivers high performance at a high speed
- Lenovo vantage is a feature that optimizes the laptop performance by managing the power, updating the laptop with timely upgrades and managing the consumption of the battery.
Code can be written on most laptops. But using the right laptop can improve one’s productivity as it will be written on a device most suited for this task. Buying a laptop for coding and programming under 50000 can be a daunting task as different laptops come with different trade-offs. Hence a buying guide is necessary.
How to buy a laptop for coding and programming under 50000?
Some of the factors to consider while buying a laptop for coding and programming under 50000:
The monitor or screen of the laptop is very crucial as one will be staring at it continuously while working on the laptop. Although a 4k display might be a bit too much always opt for a good quality high resolution screen. Never go for laptops offering anything lower than a 1920 x 1080 display.
Since the laptop is going to be used for programming/coding, pay attention to the processor. Generally, an Intel i5 or i7 core processor is quite sufficient to do most of the coding.
The basic recommendation is for 8 GB RAM when it comes to programming of the serious kind. If there is more room in the budget then investing in a programming laptop having 16 GB RAM is not a bad idea.
Programming involves using the keyboard extensively to code. This aspect shouldn’t see a compromise as one will be typing on their keyboard continuously while coding. Having a firm keyboard with backlighting is a good strategy if one is working in low-lit conditions.
A good battery is key in making a laptop portable and mobile. Always aim for a laptop that gives a minimum of 6 hours of battery life. Check to see many reviews on the battery performance before purchasing a laptop instead of solely relying on the manufacturer’s words.
Programming laptops are here to stay. Their demand is not abetting anytime soon and the several advantages they offer have only increased their market share in the recent years. The quality of laptops has also increased over the years and these days most laptops can be used for coding and programming because they are all equipped with good processors.
Thanks to these portable devices one can code anywhere and everywhere and there is no requirement for a dedicated space and time. Laptops offer great mobility to their users and this fact has become instrumental in beating the desktop market. Amazon has an exclusive range of laptops featuring all the major brands and owning a laptop has never become easier.
A quick recap of the article above:
- Talked about the growing market share of a coding laptops
- Discussed the various advantages of a programming laptop
- Listed various laptops available online from reputed brands
- Discussed a buying guide in detail highlighting the important factors
- Concluded the article by talking about the usefulness of a programming laptop.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Most laptops come fitted with pretty good processors. And the majority of the programming does not need powerful hardware. So, it is not mandatory to have powerful hardware for programming.
4GB RAM is sufficient for coding on the low end of the scale. Most coding laptops come with RAM in the range of 8GB – 64GB.
No graphics card is required for programming laptops. But if you are coding for a game or developing a game then you might need a programming laptop with a graphic card.
This is because it depends on the kind of code you are writing. Most laptops come with trade-offs and selecting the right laptop will increase your productivity as it will be most suited to the type of tasks you perform.