Tomatoes are a great ingredient to use in a homemade facial mask to achieve glowing skin. Here’s a simple recipe you can try:
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cut the tomato in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl.
- Mix in the honey until well combined.
- Cleanse your face and pat dry.
- Apply the tomato and honey mixture to your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry.
You can use this mask 1-2 times a week for best results. The acidity in the tomato acts as a natural astringent, helping to tighten and brighten your skin. The honey is a natural humectant, meaning it helps to moisturize and hydrate your skin. Together, they can help to improve the overall appearance and feel of your skin.
It’s always best to try the mask on a small patch of skin, like behind the ear, to check for any allergies before applying it to face. However, to know more you can check below for other possibilities
Tomatoes for glowing skin: How to use them
- Reducing oil:Apply raw tomato four times a week to your face if you have really oily skin. After 5 to 10 minutes, rinse it off. Maintain a smooth and oil-free complexion by doing this regularly.
- Brightening the skin: Tomatoes are excellent skin lighteners. To get the best results, mix tomato pulp with mint paste and fuller earth. Mix the ingredients together and apply to your face. Leave it on for a few minutes so that it dries. Apply cold water to the skin and wash it off. Once a week, do this until you see improvements.
- Cleanser: Mix 1 tbsp. of milk with the juice of one tomato. Apply the mixture to your face after washing it with plain water. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Constrict Wide-Awake Pores: Make a paste by mixing tomato juice and lemon juice together. You can shrink large pores on your face by massaging it gently for 10 minutes and then rinsing it away
- Anti-tanning properties: The tomato is an excellent remedy for reversing the tan on the skin. Mix tomatoes pulp, lemon juice, and curd together to make a face pack. You can apply this mixture to your face after mixing well. Wash it with cold water after 20 minutes.
- For glowing skin: Turmeric is widely known for the radiant skin it promotes. The outcomes can be improved by combining it with tomato. Put a tomato in a bowl, add turmeric powder and sandalwood powder, and mix well. Apply a paste to the face uniformly. Then rinse with water after 10 minutes
Tomatoes are beneficial for the glowing skin
There are some important reasons why tomatoes are a good addition for your face. Scroll down to learn more
- Your skin’s texture can be improved by using tomatoes as gentle exfoliators. Antioxidants, pectin, and Flavonoids can help reveal your skin’s natural glow which lies beneath dead skin cell build-up.
- Vitamin C and lycopene are rich in them, which contribute to preventing skin damage from free radicals.
- To remove sun tan and heal sunburns, tomato face packs give you healthy, glowing cheeks
Tomatoes on the face: how often should they be applied?
Anytime of the day is convenient for you to apply tomato to your face. When it comes to tomatoes, I recommend using them indoors. Tomato juice can also be applied overnight to your face. In addition to tomatoes containing citric acid, they may cause a condition known as phytophotodermatitis when exposed to the sun right after they have been applied. In some cases, blisters can form due to the inflammation and swelling. It is also recommended that you avoid using tomatoes the night before spending time outdoors in the sun.
The antioxidants and vitamins in tomatoes provide lots of benefits for the skin when regularly applied. It is, however, important to use tomato in moderation since it is acidic. Consult your dermatologist immediately if you feel uncomfortable after using tomato.