Raw rice can be called uncooked rice. It is generally found in solid form. This kind of rice does not go through the boiling process or heated the gas stove. The rice is generally favored to eat with any kind of dal and vegetable. Eating of boiled rice can reduce the hunger of a person and it has specific benefits and side effects too. Raw rice is not recommended to eat because it can increase health risks. There are numerous side effects of eating raw rice and has been explained below through this blog.
Let us first understand the side effects of eating raw rice
- The eating of raw rice can result in food poisoning in people. Uncooked rice generally contains a harmful substance named Bacillus cereus. This harmful substance is usually present in the soil layers. It spoils the rice by contaminating the same during the time of growth. The boiling of the rice and heat helps in killing this substance.
- The eating of raw rice can result in symptoms of diarrhea. A substance named lectinsis present in the rice that is a reason for causing the diarrhea symptoms. People who eat raw rice without cooking the same, have possible chances of getting infected by this disease.
- Eating raw rice can increase the risk of having gas in the stomach. The digestion and constipation issues can arise after consuming the raw rise by a person.
- The people who eat raw rice are prone to a particular disease named Pica. The pica is a rare disease mostly found in children of a certain age. Pica is found in women too.
- Various online sources have shown that eating raw rice can decrease certain vitamins in a person’s body.
- The low level of hemoglobin is also a result of eating raw rice.
- The lectin substance present in the rice starts damaging the inner gut walls of the stomach. This substance is hard and non-digestive. This substance does not dissolve inside and affects the walls adversely.
- The addiction to eating raw rice is a psychological disorder and needs to be treated through a professional counselor.
- Raw rice is generally consumed by a person having iron deficiency. But eating excessive raw rice can cause major health issues also. The pain in the abdomen is a result of eating the excess raw rice by a person.
- The pale skin is also a result of eating raw rice. A person consuming raw rice has experienced the symptoms of turning the skin into yellow color.
- The eating of raw rice makes the nails and hair weaker.
- Eating raw rice can increase the chances of kidney disease.
- The eating of raw rice can result in difficult periods in females.
- Eating rice can cause cyst problems.
How to avoid the side effects of eating raw rice?
The eating of raw rice can be harmful to a person’s health. The raw rice is not much nutritious. People having iron deficiency or some addictions generally consume raw rice. The raw rice-eating craving can be avoided by following these tips:
- Spinach and vegetables like broccoli can be consumed as a substitute to get the iron instead of eating raw rice.
- The OCD and other psychological disorders that developa craving for this raw rice can be cured by taking psychological help.
- Use chewing gum instead of eating the raw rice.
- Make groups where all the side effects of eating the raw rice can be discussed
- Participate in activities that can deviate a person from eating raw rice.
- An injection named vitcofol 2 cc can help a person stop the craving to eat the raw rice.
- If Pica has developed in the people then surgery and special antibiotics can help cure the disease.
- Some people develop the habit of eating raw rice because of their customs. Still, these customs must be changed by raising awareness of the harmful side effects of eating raw rice.
- Other nutritious substances can be consumed instead of eating raw rice.
- The raw rice could be consumed by taking other substitutes with the same. Such as curd, milk, and mint chutney. These substitutes will help in killing the harmful substances present in the raw rice.
- If the consumption of the raw rice is regular then the person must drink the water and liquid regularly, this will help in the passing of the digestive food through the stools.
- A person can eat the raw rice by churning them into the mixer. The paste of that rice can be eaten.
- A person can stop the craving of eating raw rice by consuming some other grain.
- The raw rice can be consumed by putting the same in chocolates and sweets.
- The half-cooked raw rice not boiled can be eaten by a person. This will also help in removing the harmful substances from the rice.
- The raw rice can be consumed after cooling it to a certain temperature in the fridge.
What are the substitutes available to stop eating raw rice in general?
There are various substitutes available to stop the craving of eating the raw rice that is as follows:
- Quinoa is one of the gluten-free seeds that are more nutritious than raw rice.
- Riced cauliflower is one of the popular substitutes to eat instead of raw rice.
- Riced broccoli is also a substitute that can stop eating the raw rice.
- Barley is a rich grain that can be consumed instead of eating raw rice.
- Chopped cabbage can be consumed instead of eating the raw rice.
- Shirataki rice can be consumed instead of eating the raw rice.
- Whole wheat couscous can be consumed instead of eating the raw rice.
- Whole wheat orzo can be consumed instead of eating raw rice.
- Farro is a wheat product that can be consumed to stop the craving of eating raw rice.
- Freekeh is a grain that can stop the craving of eating raw rice.
- The brown rice can be consumed instead of eating the raw rice.
- The raw rice-eating can be stopped by consuming the puffed rice.
- The child or poha can be consumed instead of eating the raw rice. The child is converted form of raw rice.
Do you know some innovative recipes or dishes that can help you eat raw rice?
- The raw rice can be soaked and mixed with bread to make the cutlets. These fried cutlets would be delicious to eat and help stop the eating of the raw rice. The deed fried cutlet will remove the harmful substances of the rice.
- The soaked raw rice can be mixed with curd. This dish can be eaten after pouring the mint, coriander, and other spices.
- The raw rice can be mixed with other vegetables in a mixer, and paste can be applied between the bread. This bread can be baked in the microwave to make the sandwich. This recipe can also help as an additional substitute to stop the craving for eating raw rice.
- The semi-baked raw rice can also be consumed with any dal and vegetable.
- The raw rice can be mixed with boiled potatoes and baked in the microwave. In this recipe, rice balls can be eaten with chutney or ketchup.
Is there are any benefits of eating raw rice?
Yes, every coin has two sides; the eating of raw rice has side effects and advantages. The benefits of eating the raw rice are as follows:
- Raw rice contains some beneficial substances, such as fiber and carbohydrates. These substances help in building the health of a person.
- The sugar level can be increased in emergency needs after consuming the raw rice.
- Eating raw rice can help in reducing weight.
- The eating of raw rice can help in controlling menstruation as well. But if consumed as per the instructions.
- Eating raw rice can help in removing iron deficiency.
- If the raw rice gets soaked in water, it will turn beneficial for the health in many ways. The soaked rice contains vitamins such as B6 and B12.
- The soaked raw rice can help in increasing immunity.
- The soaked raw rice-eating can help in having a better digestive system.
- The protein level can be increased in the body after consuming the soaked raw rice.
“There are many side effects of eating the raw rice, but some innovations can help in reducing these effects over the health.”