If you are looking for the best mountain bikes in India under 20000? Then, you have landed in the right place. Mountain biking is a sport that first originated in the United States back in the 1970s. This simple interest in wildlife coupled with the enthusiasm for biking led to the creation of mountain bikes just for this purpose. Nowadays this sport can be seen everywhere worldwide and many people often go biking to explore their nearest natural habitat.
This adventure sport has also been popularised in movies where the actors are shown as adventurous people having the time of their lives biking on their MTBs. This obviously ignited a spark of interest in the general public and very soon more and more people started to take a genuine interest in the sport.
If you already know about mountain biking and want to invest in one or if you are new to this concept then this blog post is just for you as I have given the basics on mountain biking and have listed some of the best MTBs available online. So, continue reading and hopefully, this post inspires you to explore the mountain trails of India with your MTB. In this article, we will try to help you to select The best mountain bikes in India under 20000.
List of the best MTB cycles in India under 20000
These are the generally classified bikes available on the market. I have compiled a list of the best mountain bikes in India under 20000 that are available online in the following section. You can use it as a reference or enhance your knowledge of mountain bikes.
01. Omobikes Manali G7 26T MTB Bike
OmobikesManali G7 26T MTB Bike is a good mountain bike that is lightweight and sturdy at the same time. It is available in different colours and comes with treaded tires that make it a reliable partner on country roads. They can support a maximum weight of 105 kgs and you can use these bikes to explore not only the city but the countryside as well
- The bike is geared and has 7 speeds and comes with a thumb shifter
- It has a front telescopic suspension
- The wheels have double-wall alloy rims and the bike is made of an antirust frame
- It comes with free accessories like a mudguard, side stand, and cycle tools
- There is a 2-year warranty on the bike frame
- This bike is well-designed and is perfect for city and countryside commuting. The warranty terms are favourable and it can support heavy riders as well.
- Doesn’t come with a bell and there are no reflectors as well.
02. Amardeep cycles Siyibo 27.5 inches Gear Mountain Bicycle
Amardeep cycles Siyibo 27.5 inches Gear Mountain Bicycle for Adults is a good sturdy bike and is equipped with Japanese Shimano’s gear system which is known for its smooth gear shifting and is highly reliable. With a comfortable seat that is easily adjustable, this bike can handle the roughest of terrains providing you with an exhilarating biking experience.
- It has a front suspension for shock absorption
- It has wide tires that have sturdy double-wall rims and gives a superior grip on the road
- The bike comes with a 21-speed combination
- It has powerful front and back disc brakes that help you navigate the terrain safely
- There is a 1-year warranty on the bike frame.
- A well-designed bike that is stylish and durable and is meant for tough terrains. Has an excellent gear system.
03. Geekay Bravo Single Speed Mountain Bicycle
Geekay Bravo Single Speed Mountain Bicycle is a sturdy bike that comes in different colours and different wheel sizes as well. The MTB comes in a trendy matte finish paint and is very visually pleasing. It can support a maximum weight of 100 kgs and is suitable for all types of roads. It has ultra-wide tires and the pedals are anti-skid.
- The front wheel has an alloy suspension
- The bike is equipped with a cotterless chain wheel
- The handlebars have a soft-grip handle
- The frame of the cycle is made from steel
- There is a lifetime warranty on the cycle frame
- The tires are equipped with a double-disc brake.
- A well-designed bike that comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame.
- It has no reflectors and is single gear only.
04. Addmax Dexter Mountain Bike
Addmax Dexter Mountain Bike 21-Speed Original Shimano Gears is a sturdy and bright bike that comes in different colours. The cycle frame is made from steel carbon and can never rust. The seat is adjustable and aims to provide a comfortable ride. This cycle can be ridden on uneven terrain and is very reliable on the road.
- It is equipped with Shimano gear and has 21-speed levels.
- It has powerful front and back disc brakes measuring 160 mm.
- The front suspension absorbs all the shock, especially from uneven bumps on the terrain.
- The gears can be shifted smoothly and the bike doesn’t lose its edge when you are navigating unfamiliar and slippery terrain.
- A well-designed bike that has a good gear system and can navigate slippery terrain easily.
- It has no reflectors and doesn’t come with a warranty.
05. Shanti A1 Mountain Bicycle
Shanti A1 Mountain Bicycle is a sleek and trendy mountain bike that is aerodynamically designed. The bike has a steel frame and comes equipped with supersized knobbly tires. It is a geared bicycle and has multiple speeds as well. The seat is easily adjustable and the handlebars are easy to grip. You can navigate any type of terrain on this bike.
- The wheels come with double ally rims.
- There are high-quality disc brakes on both front and rear wheels.
- The aerodynamic frame reduces friction from air.
- There is a 1-year warranty on the bike frame.
- The cycle comes with a free air pump.
- A good bike that has a steel brake and is aerodynamically designed giving you a ride without air friction.
- It has no reflectors.
06. Make Fat Mountain Sports Bike
Make Fat Mountain Sports Bike is a sturdy bike from the brand Amardeep cycles. This bike is best used on trails and roads. This specialized bike has 4 inches thick tires that come in a 26-inch rim. The bike is made from carbon steel and is quite light. It can support a maximum weight of 130 kgs and is a geared bicycle with multiple speeds.
- The gear set comes with 21-speed levels
- It has dual disc breaks
- It also has dual suspension making it very efficient in absorbing shocks
- This bike is specialized for off-road as well on-road riding.
- A good bike that has a steel brake, dual disc brakes, and dual suspension. It also supports heavyweights as well.
- It has no reflectors and no information on the warranty.
- It is expensive.
07. Firefox Bikes Cyclone D-27.5T
Firefox Bikes Cyclone D-27.5T, 21 Speed Mountain Cycle has an alloy frame and is very light. It has wide handlebars and the wide tires are equipped with a zoom suspension fork absorbing all the shocks from uneven terrain. This bike is designed for all terrains and is suitable for urban riding as well.
- The gear set comes with 21-speed levels and has reflectors.
- It has wide nylon tires for better road grip
- There is a lifetime warranty on the cycle frame
- The tires have double-wall rims for extra strength
- The seat is easily adjustable.
- A good bike that is suitable for all types of terrain, and you can get first free service as well.
- It is slightly expensive.
08. CYCLOSTAR Gang Skyrock 26’T
CYCLOSTAR Gang Skyrock 26’T Single Speed MTB Bicycle is a white road bike that doesn’t require much maintenance but is made up of high-quality components. It has a high handlebar and the cycle is painted with top-quality painting which will last for many years. It has soft rubber grips and the frame is lightweight making it easy to navigate on unfamiliar terrain.
- This cycle has passed more than 50 tests to hit the market ensuring customers of its quality and high standards of performance
- The wheels are fitted with alloy rims.
- The cycle is rustproof and comes with reflectors.
- There is 3 years warranty on the frame.
- A good bike that is rustproof and has good warranty terms. It is also very affordable.
- It is a single bear bike and not much information is provided on the suspension of the tires.
09. 29 MTB 21 Gear Bicycle CRADIAC
29 MTB 21 Gear Bicycle CRADIAC is a sturdy mountain bike available in different colours. This trendy mountain bike has wide wheels and it offers a better grip making it suitable for many types of terrain. The bike comes with water slide decal graphics. The mudflap and assembly tools are included with the bike at the time of delivery.
- The bike has the Shimano gear system with 7-speed levels.
- The wheels have double-wall alloy rims.
- The tires are equipped with dual disc brakes and it has a front fork suspension.
- There is 2 years warranty on the frame.
- A good bike that is sturdy, trendy, and comes with the Shimano gear system.
- There are no reflectors.
- A good bike that is well designed and
has the Shimano gear system. The
linear-pull breaks work efficiently as well.
- There are no reflectors and comes with no warranty.
10. Dexter Mountain Bike for Men and Women by ADDMAX
ADDMAX Dexter Mountain Bike for Men and Women is an ergonomically designed adventure sports cycle. It comes in different colour combinations and the bike is made from carbon steel making it lightweight and rustproof. It is a geared bike that comes with multiple speed levels. It is suitable for people with a height ranging from 5 feet to 6.2 feet.
- The bike has a Shimano gear system with 21-speed levels
- It has front and rear disk brakes measuring 160 mm
- It comes with front suspension to absorb the shocks from uneven terrain
- The breaks are linear-pull and offer optimum riding efficiency.
The list of Best mountain bikes in India under 20000 above is not exhaustive and there are many more models available both online and offline. If you are interested in buying one and are ready to take up the next sports adventure then you will be happy to know I have shared a buying guide that will help you select the best MTB for yourself.
But first, let’s start with the basics – What is an MTB?
What is a mountain bike?
A mountain often abbreviated as MTB is a cycle that is designed for off-road cycling. They have high durability and are designed for rough terrain making them heavier and more complex. These bikes specialise in terrains like mountain trails, single tracks, fire roads, and other unpaved surfaces.
These bikes are built light, have large knobbly tires, durable wheels, powerful brakes straight, and extra-wide handlebars that improve the rider’s balance and comfort over rough terrain. The overall heavy construction along with stronger rims and wider tires have made these cycles popular with urban riders who find it easy to navigate through potholes and over curbs.
There are many types of mountain bikes made for different trails present in nature. I have discussed the different types of mountain bikes available in the following section. You can select a mountain bike most suited to your nearest trail in nature.
Types of mountain bikes
Mountain bikes are broadly classified into 4 categories: Cross country, trail bikes, All mountain &Enduro, and Downhill bikes. Let us discuss them in detail.
- Cross country: These are uphill bikes that are highly durable and efficient. If you are a rider who gives a lot of importance to the pedalling performance then these bikes are for you. They are lightweight and are the best choice when it comes to biking on long trails. These bikes prioritize climbing over descending.
- Trail bikes: Trail bikes are all-rounder bikes as it is good o both uphill biking and downhill biking. Most people relate to these kinds of bikes when they say MTB. They can be ridden on all kinds of terrain and are built with more suspension and more relaxed geometry compare to their cross-country brethren. They are also great for biking in cities making them extremely versatile.
- All mountain &Enduro: These are MTBs most often used in competitions like Enduro. Enduro is a race format where climbing is required but only the downhill sections are times and scored. These bikes are burlier than trail bikes and can bike uphill and downhill with ease.
- Downhill bikes: These bikes are designed for step, gnarly, terrain and can handle speed drops, big drops, and jumps easily. They aren’t made for any other direction except down and if you want to ride them then you need to think of a way to get uphill and ride these bikes downhill from there.
How to buy the best mountain bikes in India for under 20000?
Here I have shared some pointers that will help you buy a good MTB most suited to the nearest nature trail you have.
- Define some goals for yourself. Understand the kind of trails you want to bike. Understand your riding style. Then choose the bike that is most suited to that trail and riding style. You can also opt for bikes that are versatile on many types of trails as a safe bet
- Compare the various features of different bikes. It is preferable to go for geared bikes if you are going to bike for long distances
- Always go for a demo. Ride a bike to understand it better. Ask the seller for more information on the product. It goes without saying that buying a bike offline is better than purchasing it online
- Determine the size of the bike. Buy a bike that suits you the best in terms of size
- Go for an MTB that is in line with your budget, riding style and goals.
It is hard to go wrong buying an MTB these days because these bikes have gotten that good thanks to the advance in technology. You can use the knowledge of different types of MTBs available to your advantage and match it to the trail you want to bike on to select the best bike.
Mountain Bikes have been a rage for quite some time. They are the means to bike your way through a nature trail and enjoy the adventure at the same time. These bikes are highly durable and are also a great way to maintain your fitness. These geared bikes come in a lot of speeds and can endure tough trails effortlessly.
I hope you found my post on the best mountain bikes in India under 20000 informative and hopefully it helped you buy a good MTB. Do let me know how your shopping experience was and where you rode your MTB. India has many nature trails indigenous to those regions only and biking those trails can certainly be a wonderful and memorable experience.