Indian cooking isn’t the same without a pressure cooker. This stainless steel apparatus can be used to cook a variety of dishes including western foods like cakes. No, wonder manufacturers keep coming up with innovative designs regarding pressure cookers. Available in different shapes and sizes this utensil can be used by one and all.
A cooker is considered the jack of all trades. And in the hands of an expert chef, it is looked on as a master as well. This simple utensil is very versatile and with a bit of creativity, one can whip up almost any dessert. That’s not all food cooked in a pressure cooker is also packed with nutrients and doesn’t take a long time to cook.
A pressure cooker is an efficient way of cooking food and it is very productive as it utilises less energy in a given time. It is also very easy to use and one can find the market flooded with different types of cookers. A brief on the various advantages of a pressure cooker has been discussed in the next section. Today, in this post I will try to guide you to select the best stainless steel pressure cooker combo in India 2022.
Advantages of a stainless steel pressure cooker
- Stainless steel pressure cookers cook food faster and the cooking time is diminished significantly. In this fast-paced lifestyle, a cooker can be just the solution when it comes to cooking one-pot dinners in a jiffy.
- Stainless steel pressure cookers are easy to maintain. Steel is the least allergic metal known to mankind and a dishwashing powder and a scrub pad are all that is required to keep the stainless steel pressure cooker shining and brand new.
- Stainless steel pressure cookers are tough. They are not delicate or fragile and are very durable. One needn’t walk on eggshells when using a stainless steel pressure cooker as they can handle any kind of rough use.
- Pressure cooking the food in a pressure cooker also has remarkable health benefits. The more one cooks their food, the more nutrients get annihilated. Pressure cooking takes care of that and fewer nutrients are lost when pressure cooked.
A stainless steel pressure cooker is a noteworthy cooking utensil and recognising its significance Amazon has launched an exclusive line of pressure cookers, featuring brands like Prestige, Pigeon, Butterfly and Vinod Steel. They also offer easy EMI options benefitting the consumers greatly.
List of the best stainless steel pressure cooker combo
Following is the list of the best stainless steel pressure cooker combo in India in 2022.
01. Pigeon by Stovekraft Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker Combo
Pigeon by Stovekraft Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker Combo is a combination of 3 stainless steel cookers in 2, 3 and 5 litres. The stainless steel cookers have 3 layers of steel and a layer of core aluminium which makes the sandwich bottom of the cooker. It evenly distributes the heat throughout the vessel and is suitable for all types of stoves.
- The induction base is energy-saving and cooks 30% faster
- The handles are sturdy and ergonomically designed.
- The cookers come with a precise weight valve and a safety valve as well
- 5-year warranty
- This stainless steel pressure cooker has a sandwich bottom that increases the efficacy of the cooker by 30%.
- The cookers have handled only on 1 side.
02. Vinod 18/8 Stainless steel Pressure Cooker 5 Ltr
Vinod 18/8 Stainless steel Pressure Cooker and Stainless steel pressure pan Combo is a combination of 2 stainless steel pressure cookers in 5 and 3.5 litres. These cookers have a common lid and are made from good-quality steel. The bottom of these cookers is 62 mm thick and the gasket is made from food-grade silicone.
- The cookers have bakelite handles on both sides.
- The cookers have precise weight valves and safety valves as well.
- The base of the cooker has an aluminium core for even heat distribution.
- 2-year warranty.
- This stainless steel pressure cooker is made from heavy-duty stainless steel and comes with handles on both sides.
- The weight is made completely from steel and will be very hot once the cooking is done.
03. Pigeon by Stovekraft Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker set
Pigeon by Stovekraft Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker set is a combination of 2 cookers in 2 and 3-litre capacities. Made from food-grade stainless steel these cookers are dishwasher safe too. They are compatible with induction and gas stoves and the bakelite handles come with a safe locking system enhancing the safety of the cooker.
- The handles are made from heat-resistant bakelite and are ergonomically designed
- The cookers come with a lead-free safety valve
- The base is made of an aluminium core which is sandwiched on both sides with stainless steel
- The bottom of these cookers is 5 mm thick
- This stainless steel pressure cooker combo is a combination of 2 cookers having different capacities making it a good fit for different-sized families.
- There is only 1 lid for both the cookers instead of 2.
04. Prestige Stainless Steel Value Pack Pressure Cooker 5 Litre
Prestige Stainless Steel Value Pack Pressure Cooker is a combination of 2 stainless steel pressure cookers in 2 and 5-litre capacities. These silver pressure cookers have a stainless steel body, and a precision weight valve and come with a metallic safety plug. They are compatible with induction and gas stoves.
- It has a gasket release system
- The 5-litre cooker has bakelite handles on both sides of the cooker
- 5-year manufacturer warranty
- This stainless steel pressure cooker combo is made from good quality steel and is very sturdy. The handles are also well attached and are not prone to any damage.
- No information on the base of the cooker.
- Single-pressure cookers are well worth the price.
05. Prestige Deluxe Alpha Svachh Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker 1.5L With Glass Lid
Prestige Deluxe Alpha Svachh Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker is a silver pressure cooker available in different sizes. A unique deep lid controls the spillage from the cooker. It has a metallic safety valve and the pressure indicator lets the user know when the steam has completely dissipated. It is compatible with both gas and induction stoves.
- This handi-style cooker comes with a glass lid that is fitted with a ladle holder
- The weight is cool to the touch and doesn’t conduct heat.
- It has a controlled gasket release system that lets out excess steam from the cooker
- The alpha base ensures that the heat is evenly distributed at the bottom of the cooker.
- 10-year warranty
- This stainless steel pressure cooker has a handi shape, comes with a glass lid and has a steel lid that controls spillage.
06. Prestige Svachh
Prestige Svachh, 20255, Deep Pressure Pan is a uniquely designed silver cooker that has a 5 litre capacity and comes with durable bakelite handles on both sides. It is compatible with both gas and induction stoves and the alpha base of the cooker ensures even heat distribution throughout the vessel.
- The lid is designed to prevent spillage and it has a metallic safety plug
- It doesn’t bulge and the cool touch feature allows the cooker to cool rapidly
- The pressure indicator indicates when it is safe to open the cooker
- 10-year warranty
- This stainless steel pressure cooker weighs only 2 kg and has a capacity of 5 litres.
- It is well-designed and cool to the touch.
- The bakelite handles are very strong as well.
07. Prestige Svachh Clip-on 5 Litre Stainless Steel Pressure cooker
Prestige Svachh Clip-on 5 Litre Stainless Steel Pressure cooker is a silver pressure cooker that has a clip-on lid. The lid can be operated by one hand and the clip-on ensure maximum safety of the utensil. It is compatible with both gas and induction stoves and it comes with 2 heat-resistant handles on both sides.
- The body of this pressure cooker is made from heavy gauge stainless steel.
- It also comes with a toughened glass lid.
- The deep lid is designed to control any spills from the cooker.
- The lid can be locked in any direction.
- 5-year warranty.
- This stainless steel pressure cooker has enhanced safety features in the form of a clip-on lid.
- It has an induction bottom and comes with a toughened glass lid as well.
- It is a bit complicated to use especially for first-time users.
08. ULTRA Duracook 5.5 LTR Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
ULTRA Duracook 5.5 LTR Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker from the brand Duracook. It has a 5.5 litre capacity and comes with sturdy bakelite handles on both sides. Made from AISI 304 food-grade stainless steel it is rustproof and quite hygienic. The non-stick satin finish inside the cooker doesn’t allow the food to stick to the pan making it easier to clean and maintain.
- The induction base of the cooker consists of 3 layers for fast and uniform cooking
- The bakelite handles are heat resistant and very sturdy
- It has a safety valve and a weight valve
- The lid is also designed to control spills to a certain extent.
- This stainless steel pressure cooker is very thick and durable.
- It can also be used to cook multiple dishes by placing small vessels inside this cooker.
- No information on the warranty.
A stainless steel pressure cooker is a popular item on the market with many stores both online and offline selling countless varieties. There is no dearth of choices when it comes to these devices and that is why a buying guide is a necessity. Here important factors have been elaborated to guide anyone from a novice to an expert to buy the pressure cooker of their dreams.
How to buy a stainless steel pressure cooker combo?
- Stainless steel pressure cookers come in various sizes and shapes. The amount of food to be cooked depends on one’s lifestyle and family size. Different capacities can feed many people so pay close attention to the capacity of the cooker.
- When buying s stainless steel pressure cooker make sure it is compatible with both induction and gas stoves. Good quality pressure cookers will have a uniform base that evenly heats the device and doesn’t allow the heat to get collected in one place.
- The handle of the pressure cooker should not be overlooked. Most customers often complain of loose handles. If one is buying a big pressure cooker that will be heavy then make sure the handle is screwed on tight. The handle should not conduct heat and should be made of materials like bakelite which are cool to the touch. Opt for cookers with 2 handles so that they balance the weight of the cooker.
- The gasket of a stainless steel pressure cooker is integral to the cooker. A working gasket doesn’t allow the steam to escape and is instrumental in making the cooker airtight. Look for sturdy gaskets that fit snugly into the lid of the cooker and don’t have any tears in them.
- Stainless steel pressure cookers are devices that are very durable and have long lifespans. Many people go decades without changing their cooker. For utensils with such long lifespans, it makes sense to have long warranty policies as well. Opt for companies that have favourable warranty terms and promise to replace parts and accessories of the cooker.
A pressure cooker is an airtight vessel that heats the liquid (water) present inside and creates steam. This build-up of steam which isn’t able to escape cooks the food by increasing the pressure inside the vessel. This is the general principle behind a pressure cooker. And this simple concept allows one to cook a variety of dishes as well as experiment with their cooking.
A stainless steel pressure cooker is noted for its popularity as it comes with a host of benefits. From quick, clean cooking to saving energy a pressure cooker has it all. It also retains most of the nutrients in the food. This utensil is a familiar kitchen item that can be seen in most Indian kitchens and is favoured by one and all.
A cursory recap of the above article:
- Introduced the important role a stainless steel pressure cooker plays in the kitchen
- Discussed the various advantages one gain by owning a stainless steel pressure cooker
- Listed the best stainless steel cookers sold by reputed brands online
- Detailed key factors in the buying guide will help one buy the best cooker online.
- Concluded the article by talking about the benefits of owning a stainless steel pressure cooker.