Looking for the best face cream for men’s oily skin? Then, you are in the right place. Have you always suffered from chapped skin? Felt that your skin was flaky, dull, and lifeless. Tried many things like washing your face regularly and drinking more water but your skin hasn’t improved. Don’t worry I got just the solution for you. If your skin is dull and listless all it needs is the best moisturiser for oily skin that men can use.
Yep, if you want your skin to look healthy and well cared for then you regularly need to apply some moisturiser. Be it a man or a woman, oily or normal skin, everyone has to moisturise their skin. Besides, you have to admit that men’s skin is different than women’s, and their requirements are also different. Men regularly go out and expose their faces to all harmful pollutants that compromise their skin barrier and then at the end of the day when they don’t moisturise their skin it will obviously become dull and lifeless. Thus, today, in this post I will try to guide you to select the best face cream for men’s oily skin in India in 2022.
This is no rocket science but rarely do people understand this. So, now let’s start with the basics – What is a face cream?
List of the best face cream for men’s oily skin in India
Oily skin cream for men may sound abrupt to many, but, like women men too face several skin issues. they too need a good skincare routine and the perfect moisturizer that can balance out excess oil in the skin and hydrate at the same time. Therefore, here we came up with a list of the best face cream for men’s oily skin in India.
01. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Water Gel Daily Face Moisturizer For All Skin Types, is the best face moisturizer for men available in India. If you have oily or combination skin, you can stop worrying as it will still work well without increasing acne. Have dry skin or normal skin this cream will work wonders on your skin without disturbing your skin Ph and interfering with your skin barrier.
- It seals the moisturiser into your skin without leaving your face oily or greasy.
- Contains ingredients like hyaluronic acid and dimethicone which moisturises your skin intensely and keeps it well hydrated.
- One application can keep your skin hydrated for 72 hours.
- It is a lightweight gel that is non-sticky and non-greasy.
- Doesn’t contain any SSLS, parabens or phthalates for that matter.
- It is suitable for all skin types and is very hypoallergenic.
- Can be used by both sexes.
- It is on the expensive side.
02. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is easily available in pharmacies and online as well. Dermatologically recommended this moisturiser can be used on all skin types. If your skin is dry and prone to chapping then you can regularly use this moisturiser. People who have acne-prone skin can also use this it is very gentle on the skin and won’t clog your pores or increase your acne for that matter. This can be considered the best moisturizer for oily skin men.
- This provides hydration to your skin for 24 hours.
- It can be used on the face and body effectively.
- It is clinically proven to keep your skin well hydrated by binding water to the skin and preventing the loss of moisture.
- Can be used many times in a day
- It is a hypoallergenic, fragrant-free moisturising cream that heals your skin and keeps it well nourished
- The price may be high but 1 tub when used wisely will last almost a year, making it cost-effective.
- It contains ingredients like Vitamin E and almond oil.
03. Neutrogena Oil-Free Face Moisture SPF 15
Neutrogena Oil-Free Face Moisture SPF 15 For Normal To Oily Skin is a long-lasting moisturiser that provides constant hydration to the skin. It is apt for all types of skin and can be used by both men and women. Men’s cream for oily skin has always been underrated. But this cream is dermatologically tested and is a non-greasy cream that can be applied at any time of the day. It also contains SPF that will protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB radiation. It is considered one of the men’s Fairness creams for oily Skin in India.
- It is a lightweight and non-greasy formula that is quickly absorbed by the skin
- It is oil-free and non-comedogenic
- It contains no dyes and no fragrance and won’t clog your pores that lead to acne breakouts
- It has SPF that protects your skin from sun damage.
- A hydrating and oil-free moisturising cream that keeps your skin well nourished.
- It is suitable for all skin types and people with acne-prone skin can also use this cream.
- It is affordable and hypoallergenic.
04. Dot & Key 72 HR HYDRATING GEL
Dot & Key 72 HR HYDRATING GEL + PROBIOTICS 60 ml, with Hyaluronic Acid, Kombucha & Rice Water, is the answer to all your skin woes. No matter what your skin type this moisturiser from Dot and Key has all the right ingredients that will help your skin heal. It will also moisturise and hydrate your skin naturally. It is also anti-inflammatory in nature nourishing your skin and working on your chapped face.
- It contains hyaluronic acid that makes your skin plump and well-hydrated.
- Fermented rice is a probiotic that balances your skin’s Ph level and creates a good atmosphere for your skin to breathe.
- It naturally brightens your skin and evens your skin tone.
- It is dermatologically tested and is oil-free
- There are no harmful chemicals, parabens or fillers. It contains all-natural ingredients and is cruelty-free.
- It can be used in the morning as well as at night.
- It is non-sticky too.
- It can be used by both sexes.
- It is slightly expensive.
05. METREY CLINIQUE Moisture Surge
METREY CLINIQUE Moisture Surge 100-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator Cream is another excellent gel-based moisturiser that can replenish your skin and keep it well hydrated. You will never suffer from chapped skin or dry skin again after using this cream. This cream is from the reputed brand Clinique which has an array of magnificent skincare products. This face cream for men’s dry skin in India is suitable for all skin types and can be used by anyone and everyone.
- It contains ingredients like hyaluronic acid and aloe vera
- Provides deep hydration to your skin
- It is non-toxic, oil-free and non-greasy
- Can be used in the morning or at night
- It is a non-sticky and light gel that is quickly absorbed by the skin.
- It is tested for allergies and is free from any fragrances.
- It is very effective and boosts hydration even to the deepest layer of the skin.
- It is imported and is very expensive.
06. Mamaearth Vitamin C Ultra Light Gel Oil-Free Moisturizer For Face
Mamaearth Vitamin C Ultra Light Gel Oil-Free Moisturizer For Face, Body and Hands; with Vitamin C & Aloe Vera Water for Glowing Hydration is a very face cream and moisturiser. It has all the right ingredients like vitamin C and hyaluronic acid that will not only hydrate your skin but leave it with added benefits like fewer wrinkles and a more even skin tone.
- This is a very light gel that is non-sticky and non-greasy
- It is easily absorbed by the skin
- Ingredients like Vitamin C and turmeric help in brightening the skin naturally
- It is dermatologically tested
- It provides continuous hydration for 24 hours.
- It is free from sulphate, parabens, fillers petroleum and SLS compounds.
- It is extremely affordable and both men and women can use this cream.
Ultra Light Gel Oil-Free Moisturizer For Face
07. WOW Skin Science Vitamin C Face Cream for Radiant Skin
WOW, Skin Science Vitamin C Face Cream for Radiant Skin- Oil Free, Quick Absorbing – For All Skin Types – No Parabens, Silicones, Color, Mineral Oil & Synthetic Fragrance is an excellent face cream that helps moisturise your skin from deep within. This face cream also helps even your skin and heals your chapped skin naturally protecting your skin from cold and dry weather.
- It contains vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and shea butter that helps balance the skin PH and removes pigmentation of the skin
- It also helps in fading dark spots
- It contains many emollients that help trap moisture within your skin
- It is an excellent cream for reviving and boosting your skin texture.
- It is a non-sticky and non-greasy cream that is quickly absorbed into the skin.
- It contains active ingredients like Vitamin C that fight against the free radicals in your skin.
- It is suitable for both men and women, contains no parabens, harmful chemicals, mineral oils, fillers, or SLS compounds and is cruelty-free.
- It is also quite affordable.
08. The Man Company Daily Moisturising Winter Cream
The Man Company Daily Moisturising Winter Cream with Shea Butter & Vitamin E for Moisturizing & Hydrating is a face cream for all the men out there. If you are reading my list and are grumpy about the fact that all the face creams I have mentioned aren’t exclusively for men then I hope this addition can assuage that. This face cream is the perfect solution for all your chapped skin problems and has all the right ingredients like Vitamin E and shea butter making it very effective.
- It is a moisturiser as well as a body lotion
- Has ingredients like Vitamin E and shea butter that have very good moisturising properties.
- It is non-sticky
- Can be used in the morning as well as at night
- It is suitable for all skin types and is very affordable.
- It is free from fillers, parabens, SLS compounds, harmful chemicals, and mineral oils.
09. WOW Skin Science Multi-Vitamin Aloe Vera Cream
WOW, Skin Science Multi-Vitamin Aloe Vera Cream – For Normal to Oily Skin – No Parabens, Silicones, Colour, Mineral Oil & Synthetic Fragrance, is another winner from the WOW brand. This Face cream for men too can be used daily and it hydrates and nourishes the face deeply. It has soothing ingredients like aloe vera and is very effective in tackling the problems of dryness.
- This cream is a power pack of ingredients. It contains all important vitamins like Vitamin A, B, C & E.
- It contains extracts like aloe vera, oils like shea butter, cocoa butter, Moroccan argan oil, and almond and jojoba oil which are all very good for the skin.
- It is a long-lasting cream that provides constant hydration to the skin
- It also fights against skin blemishes and signs of ageing
- This cream is value for money as it has the most natural ingredients and gives the most bang for your buck.
- It also doesn’t contain any fillers, parabens, SLS compounds, harmful chemicals, and mineral oils.
- It is cruelty-free. Can be used by both men and women.
10. mCaffeine Coffee Face Moisturizer
mCaffeine Coffee Face Moisturizer (50ml) for Oil-Free Hydration | Plumps Skin and Controls Excess Oil | is a good moisturiser for men from the brand mCaffeine. It is suitable for all skin types and provides oil-free hydration to your skin, making it suitable for all skin types. It will plump your skin and make it bright and lively and provide continuous hydration for 48 hours.
- It contains ingredients like hyaluronic acid and Pro-Vitamin B5 that deeply nourish the skin.
- This product is unique as it contains pure Arabica coffee which is loaded with antioxidants.
- It is a non-sticky and non-greasy formula that instantly hydrates your face and neck.
- It soothes the skin and evens the skin tone.
- This cream contains no fillers, paraben, or SLS compounds and is mineral oil free. It is also a cruelty-free product that has been certified by Peta. It is quite affordable and can be used by both sexes, that is this product is unisex.
The list of the best face cream for men’s oily skin is not exhaustive but you can get an idea of the kind of products available online and offline. It is always advised to apply face creams on your neck as well so that your neck can also get moisturised and you will have an even complexion throughout. In the following paragraphs, I have given a buying guide that will help you with selecting the right face cream for men’s oily skin.
What is face cream?
According to a very strict definition, a face cream is a thick cream made from oil that is applied to the face to prevent it from chapping and help keep it soft. But I found this definition too rigid and I am going to include moisturisers as face creams and use them interchangeably throughout the article.
Every skin type is different and you need to use a face cream that is most suitable to your skin type to avoid further complications. Generally, there are 2 types of face creams that are based on their ingredients. I have discussed them in the following paragraphs.
Types of face creams
I have broadly categorised face creams into 2 types. Oil-based face creams or moisturisers and water-based face creams or moisturisers. Most dermatologists too categorise face creams or moisturisers this way. For normal or dry skin it is optimum to apply oil-based moisturisers and for combination and dry skin, it is optimum to apply water-based moisturisers.
Hence it is very important to know your skin type and purchase accordingly. Ingredients of course matter. You obviously won’t apply anything to your face that you can get your hands on. You need to know what you are applying to your face and how it will benefit you. For this, knowing the ingredients matters a lot.
In the next paragraph, I have discussed the ingredients that will benefit you the most based on your skin type. So, please keep reading!
Ingredients used in a face cream
Man or woman, it doesn’t matter, if you have these ingredients in your face cream then your skin is definitely going to be healthy. The ingredients are Retinols (vitamin A derivate), Niacinamide (vitamin B3 derivative), vitamin C (ascorbic acid), Vitamin E and its chemical derivatives, and Vitamin K and its chemical derivatives. Aloe vera is a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals and is most suitable for all skin types.
Emollients like Dimethicone trap the skin’s moisture and make it look plump and well-hydrated. They also heal chapped skin very effectively. Hyaluronic acid is actually produced by the human body and keeps the collagen in the skin intact. This is now added to moisturisers and it works wonders on your face. It maintains the skin volume and keeps it well hydrated.
Oils like castor oil, tree tea oil, argan oil, avocado oil, olive oil, shea butter, and coconut oil are very good for the skin. If they are added to your face cream then you can use them without any hesitation. Tea tree oil is especially good for oily or combination skin and helps reduce pimples. Coconut oil is comedogenic but when used in creams it moisturises your face quite well.
Now, let’s come to the ingredients that you need to avoid at all costs. Liquid paraffin is mineral oil and most oil-based moisturisers or face creams will have them so you need to watch out for this ingredient. Parabens, phthalates, and fillers are all very bad for your skin and do more harm than good.
How to buy the right face cream for men’s oily skin?
There are many face creams for men available in the Indian market which makes it overwhelming for you to select from. So, you need to understand your skin and the skin type better. If you have dry or normal skin you can buy face creams that are oil-based. If you have oily or combination skin then you can buy water-based moisturisers.
After deciding your skin type look into the ingredients. Once you are familiar with the ingredients and know they are good for your skin, then look into the benefits you will get from applying them in the long run. Some face creams are supposed to be used at night and some during the day. Some can be used at any time of the day. Make a note of this while buying.
Retinol-based creams are usually applied at night and vitamin C-infused creams are applied during the day. Following this will reap the maximum benefits so buy accordingly. Also, buy products that are in the prime of their shelf life. Do look into the date of manufacture and expiry and never buy expired products, especially with natural ingredients.
How to apply face cream?
Face creams must always be applied on a clean face. If you have bought a face cream according to your choice and can be applied any time of the day then it is best to apply it in the morning after you finish taking your bath and washing your face. Then once at night before going to bed. Then too you need to face your face and apply the cream.
There is no hard and fast rule that you need to apply your moisturiser only ‘x’ number of times a day. It depends on the severity of the issues you are skin is facing. If you feel that applying once isn’t enough then you can apply it as many times as you want, but always apply your face creams on a clean and clear face and never without washing your face.
A face cream needs to be applied on all parts of the face including the nose and neck. When you are applying under your eyes be very careful as the skin is very delicate. Apply very little especially if you are using oil-based moisturisers. And apply with your ring finger only. Add 1-2 small dots under your eyes and gently massage them outwards with your ring finger.
A good strategy while buying face cream for men’s oily skin both online and offline would be to go through the ingredient list thoroughly. Do not go by the brand names and instead look at their ingredients. It is always better to opt for all-natural ingredients that don’t have any harmful chemicals added to them.
I have listed some of the best face cream for men’s oily skin that you can buy anywhere so please check them out.
I hope you enjoyed reading my articles on the best face cream for men. The rules are the same for women too, and if you are a woman you need not do anything differently. Moisturising is very important and is often neglected. As the face is the most exposed part of the body, face creams are a necessity and should not be overlooked.
Do let me know which face cream for men you bought and from where. Did you look into the ingredient list? I hope you found my article useful and informative and that it helped you in selecting the best face cream for men. Skin is the largest and most exposed organ of the human body hence we need to provide it with extra care and it cannot be neglected.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here is the list of most popular questions asked by users about the best face cream for men in India,