If you are looking for the best Bathroom water softener in India then, you have landed in right place. Through this post, I will try to guide you on how to select the best Bathroom water softener in India. Have you always wanted to have a good bath after a hard day’s work? Wanted the water to work wonders on you and melt away all your troubles and fatigue? A nice hot bath to conclude the day. Doesn’t it sound wonderful? But when you try to do so it is not possible.
Your soap doesn’t lather. The water doesn’t get heated and you don’t get the satisfaction you had imagined. You are still feeling dirty and grimy. If this is your situation then I must tell you that you are suffering from the problems of hard water. And the solution to your water woes is soft water. Still confused? Don’t worry, you will get to know what I am talking about as you keep reading.
List of the best water softener in India
Best for Bathroom Tap Filter for Hard Water Softening – WaterScience CLEO Shower & Tap Filter for Hard Water Softening
Best for Bathroom Shower Filter for Hard Water Softening – WaterScience CLEO Multiflow Shower Filter for Hard Water Softening
Best Hard Water Softener for water tank – D’Cal Hard Water Softener
Following is the list of the best Bathroom water softener in India
01. WaterScience CLEO Shower & Tap Filter for Hard Water Softening
Water Science CLEO Shower & Tap Filter for Hard Water Softening is a good water softener. This fixture is made to fit all bathroom fixtures and you can install it yourself. It filters the insoluble salts in the water giving you soft water. It has a unique system of filters that captures most of the insoluble salts.
- This filter is a water softener for bathroom showers and other fixtures as well.
- It has 4 layers of filters and the technology has been patented by KDF technology.
- It filters chlorine and hard water salts from your water.
- It also prevents bacteria growth, and removes bad odors,. and prevents limescale deposits.
- It has 5 years warranty and comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- This filter is perfect for home use and gives you soft water without any hassle.
- It is easy to install and has a 5-year warranty.
- It is expensive.
02. D’Cal Hard Water Softener
D’Cal – Hard Water Softener is a very good water softener that requires no installation. Awarded by the Telangana government as the innovative product of the year this product was made after a lot of research. It removes all the limescale deposits and is suitable for independent houses that have a tank capacity of 1500 litres.
- You just need to place it in your water tank and the filter will start working. No need for a plumber
- It requires no electricity to work.
- The water it purifies is absolutely safe and can also be used for drinking.
- It is long-lasting and lasts about 12 months.
- It is made from food-grade materials and this filter delivers tasteless, colourless, and odourless water.
- It comes with a warranty of 6 months.
- A well-designed water filter that is easy to install and requires no external support and is quite affordable.
03. WaterScience CLEO Multiflow Shower Filter for Hard Water Softening
Water Science CLEO Multiflow Shower Filter for Hard Water Softening is another good water softener from the brand water science. This filter is best suited to a showerhead and works quite effectively to remove all the insoluble salts and chlorine from the water. It is easy to install this on a showerhead and a plumber is not required.
- This shower head filter has 4 flow modes – Massage, Pulse, Waterfall, and Mist.
- The mist mode saves up to 70% of the water.
- It works well with water that has a high hardness of up to 350 PPM.
- It has 5 years warranty and comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- It filters chlorine and hard water salts from your water along with bacteria and germs.
- The showerhead has different flow modes and it gives you a relaxing shower.
- Replacement cartridges are available on Amazon.
- The product is heavy and the pipe must be strong enough to withstand the weight.
04. Aqua Space Shower and Tap Filters for Hard Water
Aqua Space Shower and Tap Filters for Hard Water is a good water softener for the bathroom tap and it removes chlorine, heavy metals, and other sediments. It prevents the formation of scale deposits in the bathroom. It has a cartridge with multiple filters that also removes dirt and odour from the water. It is easy to install and can be used on any tap or bathroom fixture.
- It has multiple layers of filters.
- This filter won’t reduce the existing water pressure.
- It is easy to install and you don’t require a plumber.
- It is very light and weighs only 320 grams.
- It won’t hamper the existing water pressure.
- It is very affordable and has multiple layers of filters that work very effectively.
- You can use it only on municipal water and not bore well water. If you do not have an aerator then you might require a tap adapter.
- No information on the warranty
05. RIVERSOFT SF-15 PRO abs shower and tap filter for hard water with 15 stage
RIVERSOFT SF-15 PRO abs shower and tap filter for hard water is a good water filter that contains 15 stages and has active layers that purify the water and removes all the hard salts leaving you with fresh soft water. It is easy to install on all kinds of showerheads. To install on taps you might require a connector.
- Has 15 stages and contains layers of high-purity KDF, Calcium Sulphite, and Active Carbon.
- It neutralizes chlorine and removes harmful organic matter.
- It also has an antibacterial effect.
- Contains mineral and alkaline balls that bring the water to the correct Ph level.
- It has a 1-year warranty.
- Has many layers of filters and rebalances the Ph level of water.
- You will need a connector to install it on your tap.
06. KENT Bathroom Water Softener
KENT Bathroom Water Softener is a good water softener by the well-known brand Kent. This water softener is meant to soften large amounts of water and it prevents lime deposits from forming in your geysers and other bathroom fixtures. It uses an efficient ion exchange process to convert hard water into soft water. It doesn’t run on electricity and is easy to install.
- It uses ion exchange technology to convert hard water into soft water.
- It increases the life of your geyser by preventing scaling.
- It has resin that increases the shelf life and facilitates an efficient ion exchange process.
- There is a 1-year warranty on the product.
- It doesn’t run on electricity and makes use of ion exchange technology.
- It is very expensive.
07. ALTON SHR20940 ABS, Filter For Hard Water
ALTON SHR20940 ABS, Filter For Hard Water is a good water softener by the brand Alton. This chrome-plated water softener has multiple filters that work effectively to remove all the impurities and soften the water. It is safe to use and can be installed easily. It can be installed on all bathroom fixtures like showerheads, taps, and the hand shower.
- It has 5 layers of filter and contains KDF 55 filter and activated carbon as well.
- It doesn’t restrict the water pressure.
- It softens the water and removes chlorine, heavy metals, bacteria, pesticides, and other bad odors as well.
- Reduces limescale and has a universal pipe joint enabling easy installation.
- It has a 1-year warranty.
- It has many layers of filters and includes an improved activated carbon filter and comes with a universal pipe joint.
- The cartridges for this filter are not easily available.
08. Sift Shower & Tap Filter 10 Layer Filtration Process Reverse Flushing
Sift+ Shower & Tap Filter is a good water softener from the brand Sift +. This white water softener is meant to filter large amounts of water and is considered a heavy-duty water softener by its manufacturers. It is easy to install and is suitable for overhead showers, handheld showers, and standard faucets. It has 10 layers of filter and also has a K55 filter.
- The water softener is made from stainless steel lending its durability.
- Blocks medium-sized particles and removes sediments, dust, and heavy metals.
- It reduces THMs and inhibits bacteria growth.
- Absorbs ammonia and reduces the fluorides in water.
- Comes with reminders that inform you when to change the cartridge.
- Easily fits all kinds of bathroom fixtures and is able to provide good quality soft water.
- You need to register to get the warranty and this process is tricky.
09. Kohler Rain Duet Filter Shower Head
Kohler Rain Duet Filter Shower Head is a good water softener from the very famous brand Kohler. The cartridge of this water softener contains 5 layers of filters and has a long life. They are easy to replace and easy to install. All you need is an adjustable wrench to install this filter. The cartridges are also available on Amazon.
- The 5 layers include a KDF layer, activated charcoal, and an antiscalant layer.
- It removes impurities like sand and dirt.
- Removes chlorine, heavy metals, and other organic constituents.
- Prevents the formation of scale deposits.
- The product comes with a 10-year guarantee and the cartridge has a 6-month warranty.
- The installation of this product is very easy and you don’t require a plumber.
- Also, Kohler is a well-reputed brand that has robust customer service that will resolve all your queries.
- It has a 10-year guarantee and the cartridge has a 6-month warranty.
The list of bathroom water softeners in India is not exhaustive but the different products that I have listed here should give you a picture of the market scenario. I hope this helps you in making better buying decisions. In the next paragraph, I have discussed a buying guide and shared some tips that will help you in purchasing a good water softener.
What is soft water?
Soft water is water that is free from minerals such as calcium, iron, or magnesium and doesn’t leave any scale deposits on your taps and other bathroom fixtures. This water easily lathers with soap, is easy to use and doesn’t damage your washing machine, and certainly doesn’t form a white film on your utensils.
Soft water isn’t the only type of water. There are 2 types of water that flow out of your taps and I have discussed them in detail in the next section.
Types of water
Now, that you know what soft water is, let me also tell you that there are 2 types of water. Soft water of course! And hard water. The problem of hard water is common but not many people know about it. Hard water is water that has high mineral content and it wears down your products. Have you noticed thin white films forming on your utensils?
This is all due to hard water. Soap doesn’t lather with hard water, all your taps will have a scale build-up, and so will your bathroom tiles and fixtures. Hard water is dangerous as the scale deposits shorten the life span of your water geysers. Even your washing machine will develop scale deposits and this will prevent the soap from washing your clothes properly.
Thankfully, there is a solution to this problem as well. Water softeners are available in the market and I have listed some of the best water softeners available online.
What to look for when buying a bathroom water softener in India?
I have listed some pointers you need to keep in mind when you are looking to buy a bathroom water softener in India.
- Look at the filter technology. Water softeners usually have multiple layers of filters. Understand how these filters work so that you can buy a water softener that is best suited to your water type.
- Go for products that come with a warranty and have robust customer service. Most of them are easy to install, but in case of queries, it is better to contact the company via their customer service and get your queries resolved.
- You need to replace the cartridge of these filters regularly. So buy from shops where cartridges are easily available. Even online stores like Amazon sell cartridges. So, when shopping online buy from manufacturers who sell the cartridges as well.
- Compare many products. This way you will be able to get more information. If possible always go for a demo. This is important because you need to make sure that there are no leaks in the water softener. Check for any cracks or dents in metal water softeners as they are more prone to leaks.
These are some of the pointers to keep in mind when you are shopping for a water softener. As you browse through many products your understanding of the product will get better and you will be able to make good buying decisions. In the next paragraph, I have written how to use a water softener.
How to use it?
A water softener is simple to use. All you need to do is connect it to the tap or the shower in your bathroom and open your faucet. Hard water will get purified and come out as soft water. But connecting it is the problem. Some are simple enough that you can do it yourself and they come with instructions.
Others like the Kent water softener are complicated and hiring a plumber would be better. One thing is for sure, once, it is properly connected all you need to do is start using it and it doesn’t require any other know-how. Depending on the nature of the water it is best to replace the cartridge every 6 months or annually so that you can keep getting soft water continuously.
Hard water is very common. It contains high traces of dissolved salts and is harmful to your appliances in the long run. It also decreases the durability of your bathroom fixtures. Not only can you not have a satisfying bath but you will have to often use utensils that have a thin film of scale deposit on it.
That is why water softeners have become a necessity and now many houses have started to install them on their bathroom fixtures. I hope you found my article on Bathroom water softeners in India interesting and that it helped you make better buying decisions. Do let me know which water softener you purchased and how your experience has been so far.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. Boiling removes the calcium content of the water leaving you with soft water.
Yes, vinegar can soften hard water. It is also beneficial in increasing the cleanliness of your clothes.
Yes, washing soda can soften water. It allows the soap or detergent to interact with dirt and fabric instead of interacting with the dissolved salts of calcium and magnesium ions.
Most water softeners don’t remove worms or parasites present in the water. They are made to remove the dissolved salts only.