An inverter is a device that converts electrical power (DC) into alternating power that is used by all appliances at home. This simple device has many uses and is used to power homes and offices. But when do they actually come into use? Whenever there are power outages due to unpredictable weather these devices kick in and power the houses.
Then, what is the role of a battery? A battery is a device that stores the direct current and whenever there is a power outage the inverter utilises this power and converts it into alternating current and supplies it to the house. When the electricity comes back the inverter charges the battery to make sure it is charged for the next power outage.
This is how a simple inverter and battery combination allows one to go about their day uninterrupted even when there are frequent power outages. Today, in this post I will try to guide you to select the Best inverter and battery combination for home in India 2022.
The advantages of an inverter and battery combination
- Inverter batteries are rechargeable and generate a lot of power during a power outage
- They are an economical choice
- Both the inverter and the batteries work efficiently to keep the house up and running
- The batteries are well designed and do not emit harmful emissions.
Amazon sells branded inverters and batteries on its platforms. Famous brands like Luminous and Livguard sell many different models of inverters and batteries for a steal. Amazon makes it easy for the shopper by offering attractive discounts and easy EMI options.
List of the best inverter and battery combination for home
Following is the list of the best inverter and battery combination for home
01. Luminous Inverter & Battery Combo
Luminous Inverter & Battery Combo for Home, Office & Shops comes with a pure sine wave 12-volt inverter and a short tubular battery that has a rugged construction. The battery has an MCB for protection for the main input. The inverter is highly compatible and is designed for all kinds of power outages.
- The battery has 6 water level indicators.
- The nominal voltage is 12 v and the rated capacity is 27 degrees Celcius
- The inverter has an intelligent 32-bit DSP processor
- 2 year warranty on the inverter and 3 year on the battery
- The pure sine wave inverter is safe for all sensitive appliances.
- The pure sine wave inverter is safe for all sensitive appliances and the battery has an MCB for protection.
02. Luminous Inverter Eco Volt Neo 850 Pure Sine Wave Inverter & RC 15000 120 Ah Tubular Battery Combo
Luminous Inverter & Battery Combo for Home, Office & Shops comes with a pure sine wave inverter and a tall tubular battery with 15000 RC capacity. The pure sine wave inverter ensures the safety of all the appliances and has a high-speed microprocessor that offers power similar to the grid.
- The inverter has many safety features like overload protection, deep discharge protection, input mains protection, etc.
- The nominal voltage of the battery is 12 volts and comes in a tower type container
- 2 year warranty on the inverter and 3 year on the battery
- The battery has 6 water level indicators.
- The pure sine wave inverter has many safety features and ensures the appliances are working securely.
Sine Wave Inverter & RC 15000 120 Ah
Tubular Battery Combo
03. Luminous Zolt 1100 Sine Wave Inverter & RC 25000 200 Ah Tall Tubular Battery Combo for Home
Luminous Inverter & Battery Combo for Home, Office & Shops is a combination of a pure sine wave inverter and a tall tubular battery. The pure sine wave inverter has a clear LCD screen that relays all the vital information. This combination also comes with a trolley where one can place both the inverter and the battery without any risks.
- The inverter has a 32-bit DSP processor
- The inverter has an MCB to protect it from input mains
- The LED screen gives the status of power backups, and battery charging time in hours and minutes.
- There is a bypass switch for supplying output directly from the grid
- The pure sine wave inverter has a clear LCD screen that displays information like the status of power backups, and battery charging time in hours and minutes.
- No information on the safety features like overload protection, deep discharge protection, etc.
& RC 25000 200 Ah Tall Tubular Battery Combo for Home
04. Livguard LG1100PV 900VA Squarewave Inverter and PT 1666TT 160Ah Battery Combo
Livguard Inverter and Battery Combo is a combination of a livguard inverter and a livguard tall tubular battery. Together this combination can power laptops, fans, lights and LED TVs. The inverter optimises the battery life and supports most battery types. The battery is long-lasting and is very low on maintenance.
- The inverter has artificial intelligence charging
- The battery is equipped with a superior plate design
- 3 years warranty on the inverter and 5.5 years warranty on the battery
- It has high charge acceptance for high backup as well.
- The pure sine wave inverter has artificial intelligent charging. The brand Livguard offers exceptional warranty terms.
- More information on the specifications of the battery and the safety features of the inverter is required.
Inverter and PT 1666TT 160Ah Battery Combo
05. Luminous Optimus 1250 Sine Wave Inverter & RC 24000 180 Ah Tall Tubular Battery Combo with Trolley
Luminous Inverter & Battery Combo with Trolley for Home here comes with a combination of an inverter, battery and a trolley to safely place these items. The inverter is a blue pure sine wave inverter that has an advanced LCD screen and provides vital statistics reliably. The tall tubular battery has an RC of 24000 and is rugged in construction.
- It is an intelligent inverter that has a safety alarm, bypass switch, and an intelligent 32-bit processor
- The battery recharges quickly, has excellent overcharge tolerance and comes with long service life.
- The LCD screen shows the performance statistics of the battery including battery charging time, backup time, fault indications, etc.
- 2 years warranty
- The pure sine wave inverter has an advanced LCD screen that displays the important metrics of the battery.
- The trolley quality is not up to the mark and the warranty terms need to be clearer.
& RC 24000 180 Ah Tall Tubular Battery Combo
06. Luminous iCon 1100 Pure Sine Wave Inverter & RC 25000 200 Ah Tall Tubular Battery Combo for Home
Luminous Inverter & Battery Combo for Home, Office & Shops is a combination of a white inverter and a tall tubular battery. The inverter has a very unique design and comes with enough room to hold the battery. This not only looks elegant but also saves space. This combination can support 1 TV, 5 LED bulbs, 3 fans, 4 tube lights, 1 laptop and a Wi-Fi router.
- The inverter section and the battery section are combined into 1 box
- The inverter has stylish black panels with curved edges
- The LED lights indicate the status of the inverter and the battery
- The top panel is detachable and the entire equipment has wheels which increase the mobility of this apparatus
- This is a revolutionary design from Luminous and is very compact and portable. This elegant combination makes sure it is safe, especially around kids.
- The LED display doesn’t give any metrics regarding the battery charge, charging time, etc. making it difficult for the user to understand the status of the backup.
Inverter & RC 25000 200 Ah Tall Tubular
Battery Combo for Home
Most household appliances run on AC power and an inverter is a device that converts the DC power of the battery to AC power. This is the principle of an inverter explained in simple terms. But when it comes to buying an inverter and battery combination for home it tends to get slightly technical and that is why a buying guide is necessary.
How to buy an inverter and battery combination for home?
A few points to keep in mind before purchasing an inverter and battery combination for home:
- An inverter is not a generator and it produces current by converting the DC power stored in the battery. For this reason, it is very necessary to know the power requirements of the house beforehand.
- The battery capacity is the next vital thing. The inverter performance is highly dependent on the battery. A battery capacity is measured in Ampere hours and this measures the amount of current it can supply in an hour
- Safety of the inverter is paramount as the inverter provides a continuous supply of electricity. Only when the inverter is efficient the appliances in the house will run smoothly and safely. For this to happen an inverter is supposed to have overload protection, thermal protection, low voltage and short circuit protection to deliver the AC power without interruptions
- Inverters are designed to have long lifespans and aren’t considered a frequent purchase. A long-term warranty policy is advantageous as it will cover all the expenses that might occur in the long lifespan of the inverter.
The modern era has ushered in a lot of comfort and electricity plays a huge role in that. One cannot imagine going about their day without electricity. All appliances use electric current and without the backup of power, life becomes stagnant. Unfortunately, power outages cannot be predicted and frequent power cuts bring our modern lifestyle to a standstill.
The inverter is that device that is instrumental in supplying the house or office with a constant stream of power. Coupled with a suitable battery an inverter converts the DC power into AC power that is used by most appliances to run smoothly. The inverter and battery combination for home complete the circuit that runs the house without a hitch behind the scenes.
A quick recap of the blog above:
- Introduced the inverter and described in detail how it works with a battery
- Discussed the advantages of having an inverter and a battery
- Listed the various inverters and batteries sold online from reputed brands
- Talked about a buying guide and elaborated on all the important factors
- Concluded the blog by discussing the importance of electricity and the key role inverters and batteries play during a power outage.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is perfectly alright to leave the inverter on continuously. This way a constant supply of power is ensured and important settings like the time settings on microwave ovens won’t be lost.
Yes, it is prudent to switch off the inverter when it is lightning. During this time it is better if there aren’t any appliances connected to the electrical lines.
An inverter and the battery should be placed in a well-ventilated area where there are no obstructions. Flammable items shouldn’t be nearby and it is recommended to keep them away from the living area.
If inverters are placed in rooms with poor ventilation then this device can heat up due to excessive pressure and it can catch fire.