The key to good health is getting a good night’s sleep. You can end up in a bad mood and ruin the whole day if you wake up every morning with a stiff, painful back. To deal with these problems, most of us take pain medications. The most important thing is having good posture and sleeping well. Orthopedic mattresses are ideal for this situation. People with back and joint problems will find it useful as it offers good back support. The best orthopedic mattress India are listed in this article. Check them out by scrolling down!
What exactly is an orthopedic mattress?
An orthopedic mattress is designed to support the spine and relieve pressure on joints and muscles, thus reducing pain and aches. “Orthopedic mattresses” were introduced in the 1950s to prevent morning back pain after studies examined the joint function and bone structure. Orthopedic mattresses were initially designed to provide therapeutic relief for achy backs based on orthopedic principles. However, once mattresses became popular, mattress manufacturers and marketing firms wanted to capitalize on their popularity by using the term “orthopedic,” irrespective of their intended function to relieve back pain. Due to a lack of government regulation, mattress manufacturers have been free to use whatever language they want to describe their products.
Types of Orthopedic Mattresses
Orthopedic mattresses come in wide varieties, and there is no inherently better type. Orthopedic mattress types vary based on a person’s body type, sleeping positions, and personal preference. Therefore, keep these guidelines in mind:
01. Memory foam mattress
Despite its pressure-relieving properties, memory foam does not always promote spinal alignment. When choosing a memory foam bed, choose one with firmer foams under the comfort layer if you want pressure relief and spinal support.
02. Innerspring mattress
The innerspring mattress is generally very supportive but doesn’t always provide that much pressure relief. A plush pillow-top or other pressure-relieving comfort layer is an excellent choice if you like the feel of innerspring beds.
03. Hybrid mattress
Hybrid mattresses combine supportive coils in the base layer and pressure-relieving foams in the top layer to provide the best spinal support and pressure relief. You should carefully review each hybrid mattress’s materials and design features, as they are different from one another.
04. Latex mattress
Most mattresses are highly durable, offer good support, and provide a touch of pressure relief (although not a lot).
List of some of the best orthopedic mattress in India
Following is the list of the best orthopedic mattress available online in India
01. Wakefit Orthopedic Memory Foam 6
Inch Queen Size Mattress- The Wakefit brand is an Indian company based in Bengaluru. Material quality and transparency are the main reasons for its popularity. This brand delivers exactly what it promises. It comes in queen size and is a good mattress for back pain. It is known for its versatility and all-around performance. Besides being affordable, it’s also one of the best-selling products and has been rated highly by users.
- There is a 100-day trial period available.
- For easy washing, the cover can be removed externally with a zipper.
- This mattress fits perfectly on any beds
- The size of the bed is 78x60x6 (queen size)
- The manufacturer offers a 10-year warranty on this product.
- The level of firmness is medium
- Featuring breathable fabric on top and medium-firm memory foam underneath
- This mattress is designed to keep you cool while keeping you comfortable.
- You will experience a more relaxing sleep with a differential pressure zone system.
- Mattresses with high-resilience foam last longer and are more durable.
- This medium-firm mattress will follow the contours of your body.
- Providing good customer service.
- You can feel a slight sinking into this ortho bed mattress compared to other brands.
02. Duroflex Orthopaedic High
Density Coir 5 Inch King Size Firm Mattress – It has been around for over 50 years and is among the most popular brands. A brand that resonates with quality and trust among its customers, it was founded in 1963 by a family in the backwaters of Kerala. I would recommend this to everyone, as it is my personal favorite. If you do not have a budget constraint, this is the best orthopedic mattress in India.
- This ortho bed mattress has seven different layers, including foam on top, HR foam, coir, and rebound foam beneath.
- Due to its firmness, it is suitable for patients experiencing joint or spine pain.
- The National Health Academy recommends this mattress because it uses Duropedic technology.
- The comfort side of the mattress is rated firm in five separate zones.
- A 7-year manufacturer’s warranty is included.
- The mattress is 5 inches thick, king size, and made from coir
- The firmness level is medium
- Recommendation by the National Academy of Medicine
- A five-zone support system is provided
- The cooling effect is natural in this mattress
- The fabric is breathable
- Sciatica sufferers should not use this product.
03. Sleepyhead Original
BodyIQ Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress- Another Bengaluru-based company, Sleepyhead, has impressed viewers with its mattresses’ comfort and quality sleep. It belongs to the mid-firm category and is mildly popular. You need to inflate the mattress after it is delivered in a box. It is easily transportable, which is a plus.
- This bed has an outside wash cover to relieve back pain.
- Comfort Foam provides a cocoon-like feeling.
- The HR foam on top provides orthopedic support and pressure relief for equal weight distribution.
- There is a 100-day trial period available.
- The manufacturer offers a 10-year warranty on this product.
- A medium level of firmness is also provided
- Comfort foam is layered over memory foam for a luxurious feel
- It has a soft yet firm feel
- Sleeping is made more comfortable with Phase Change Cooling technology.
- Our spine is perfectly aligned with three zones of orthopedic support.
- Not handling the mattress carefully can cause the edges to sag over time.
04. The Sleep Company Patented SmartGRID Orthopedic Mattress
The innovative ortho mattress is made of hyper-elastic polymers and comes in various variants to suit your comfort preference. Sleeping on it will feel like you’re on clouds. Its material ensures it won’t sink or collapse despite being used for a decade.
- This mattress is ergonomically designed to fit any body shape thanks to the smart ortho technology.
- Back pain can be relieved, and plush comfort is provided.
- The Smart GRID layer provides two times more firm back support than any other mattress on the market.
- Additionally, it isolates motion so that there are no disturbances.
- The mattress has over 2500 air channels that keep you dry throughout the night.
- It also prevents back, neck, spine, and shoulder pain by preventing you from feeling stressed.
- In addition to providing proper air circulation, the patented grid technology ensures a cool night’s sleep
- It is durable, robust, and does not sag thanks to the ultra-elastic material
- A mattress with air channels regulates body temperature, keeping you sweat-free at night
- It is a bit price.
05. SleepyCat Original Ortho 3-Layered Medium Firm 6-inch Memory Foam Mattress with Bamboo Cover
If you are on a higher budget, this orthopedic mattress is a great choice. In a non-air-conditioned room, you can stay cool even with this breathable and highly supportive mattress. The perfect blend of comfort, support, and breathability can be found in this mattress, crafted from 100% certified natural latex and high-resilience memory foam.
- Latex and memory foam used is 100% natural
- Medium firmness is supported in this mattress
- It has a 6-inch thickness
- The mattress weighs 18 kilograms
- A five-year warranty is provided
- It is a hypoallergenic product
- It provides excellent support for all sleeping positions
- Circulation of air is excellent
- Disturbances to partners are zero
- Durable and reversible
- The product is expensive
06. Wakeup Orthopedic King Size Memory Foam Mattress
Designed with unique cooling properties, this Orthopaedic Mattress has two sides that can be used. There is an open-cell MF side and a high-density pure PU side. Our orthopedic effects are enhanced by it. It is more durable and supportive because of its higher density. As a result of its larger cells, it regulates airflow well.
- Mattresses with medium firmness are supported
- A warranty of ten years is available
- It supports the spine’s alignment thanks to its firm base
- The flow of air is enhanced by bigger cells in the mattress
- It provides excellent support and adapts to the sleeper’s shape.
- In addition to distributed body weight, the MF uniformly circulates blood.
- Very light weighted mattress
- The fabric is breathable
- Price-to-value ratio is excellent
- A variety of sizes are available
- It is a bit slippery
07. Insleep Orthopedic Memory Foam 5
inch Queen Size Mattress- Pure High Resilience and NASA-approved MF make this mattress ideal for any body type. With its curved design and supreme comfort, it embraces your natural curves. In addition to absorbing your body heat, this mattress keeps you cool while you sleep. Open-cell MF relieves a wide range of pressure points, reducing body stress. Insleep mattresses are among the most hygienic mattresses available because of the high GSM antibacterial fabric they use
- High-quality knitted fabric provides maximum comfort.
- The warranty period is ten years.
- The mattress is made from antibacterial GSM fabric to ensure hygienic conditions.
- It relieves sore pressure points.
- Aligns the spinal column and cushions the body curves
- A simple setup process is also included with this mattress
- The price is very reasonable.
- Your body curves are adjusted by advanced MF to relieve body aches.
- A high degree of posture support is provided
- All sleeping positions are suitable for this mattress
- The warranty period is long
- Any fluid can ruin this mattress.
Orthopedic mattresses offer several benefits. What are they?
The orthopedic mattress is not created equal, as pointed out above. A mattress designed with several orthopedic principles and suited to your particular sleeping positions and needs can provide several benefits. Orthopedic mattresses, for instance, can:
- Provide great support for the back
- Align the spinal column properly
- Provide more comfort in bed, which can lead to a better night’s sleep
- Efforts to reduce pain around joints are achieved by relieving pressure around them
- Assist in the recovery process after surgery, injury, or physical exertion
- Utilize high-quality, durable materials to offer long-lasting support
Things to consider before choosing the best orthopedic mattress India:
Orthopedic mattresses aren’t one-size-fits-all when it comes to comfort. You must consider various factors to determine which mattress is right for you. To improve the chances of landing on a mattress that relieves pain and promotes restful sleep, we’ve compiled a list of guidelines that can help you make your buying decision on the best orthopedic mattress India:
01. Firmness and spinal support
When a bed supports the natural curve of the spine, it will relieve muscle, tendons, and bone strain and reduce back pain. On average, most people find that a medium-firm mattress provides the right combination of comfort and support (although there are exceptions; for instance, heavier people may benefit from a firmer mattress). In addition to providing enough pressure relief, if the bed is too soft, it may make the spine sag.
02. Pressure relief
For an orthopedic mattress to be worthwhile, spinal support is a crucial component. To prevent pressure buildup around the joints during the night, support must be balanced with pressure relief. The bed should have some give to minimize the risk of causing joint pain. Those who sleep on their sides are particularly at risk.
03. Embedded support
You should look for a mattress with strong edge support if you have trouble getting in and out of bed due to pain. If you’re sitting, standing, or lying down on the mattress, this will prevent its edge from collapsing under you.
It would be wise to check for certifications and other licenses, which medical experts usually approve since the mattress industry is fairly unregulated.
05. Medical input
The best sleeping position and mattress for your condition may depend on your physical therapist, doctor, or another medical expert. Depending on the client’s needs, they could suggest a mattress with the appropriate firmness or even suggest props if needed.
06. Company policy
Everyone needs to find a comfortable mattress, but it’s especially important for people experiencing back spine, or joint pain. You should choose mattresses that offer generous return policies and sleep trials because you can test them out at home and return them easily if they aren’t right for you.
Your budget is the most important thing to remember when shopping for a new mattress. You can eliminate some mattress options immediately by setting a comfortable budget before beginning your search for a mattress.
Which orthopedic mattress is best?
How can orthopedic mattresses benefit me?
Are orthopedic mattresses expensive?
Which orthopedic mattress is right for me?
What is the material used in an orthopedic mattress?
Is an orthopedic mattress spring-loaded?
Beds should be furnished with comfortable and high-quality mattresses. When you have a bed that is right for you, it is like having a sleeping partner that looks after your comfort. A good night’s sleep ensures that you are physically and mentally well-balanced after a long work day. The information we provided you on the orthopedic mattresses is comprehensive. With this guide, you can make an informed purchase of the right orthopedic mattress India for you. So happy shopping!