6th February 2022, Sunday, will forever be considered as a dark day in the world of music. The Nightingale of India, Lata Mangeshkar, left us all for her heavenly abode, at age 92. She was honoured with Padma Bhushan, Bhatat Ranta and many more. Her sudden demise left a hollow part in all our lives.
Following are few less known facts about Late Lata Mangeshkar:
- Late Lata Mangeshkar’s father was Dinanath Mangeshkar, and her mother was the second wife of her father. Dinanath’s first wife was Lata’s maternal aunt, who died right after few days of their marriage.
- Can you ever imagine a voice like that of late Lata Mangeshkar can get rejected?
- Yes, she is an example of the phrase, “Every success starts with a rejection. Late Lata Mangeshkar was rejected from many film song recordings, at the beginning of her career. In fact her voice was dismissed as “too thin” by a studio baron.
- The first song that was sang by legendary singer late Lata Mangeshkar was for a Marathi film ‘Kiti Hasaal’. Sadly, the song was never released, as the song could never make to the movie’s final cut.
- Late Lata Mangeshkar was the first Indian artist to perform at the very prestigious London’s Royal Albert Hall.
- Cricket was late Lata Mangeshkar’s favourite sport. She had a permanent gallery reserved at the Lord’s Stadium, in order to enjoy her favourite sport.
- Other than being an exceptional singer, late Lata Mangeshkar was an actor too. Between the years 1942-1948 she acted in eight fols. Besides, she composed music for a couple of Marathi films under the pseudonym, Anandghan. She is the description of what being multi-talented looks like.
- Late Lata Mangeshkar had her contribution to more than 25,000 songs in her career, which was of around 7 decades. She has lend her voice for great songs for long 73 years.
- Late Lata Mangeshkar was not just queen in the Hindi Film Industry. Other than Hindi and Urdu Language, late Lata Mangeshkar had recorded songs in around 36 languages. Which includes, Marathi, Bhojpuri, Kannada, Bengali, Tamil, Assamese, and many more.
- There was a constant-whispered about the secret marriage of late Lata Mangeshkar to the late Raj Singh of Dungarpur, with whom she shared a common interest in cricket. In fact, he was spotted accompanying her on several world tours. Although, there was no official confirmation of this from any side.
- Late Lata Mangeshkar’s patriotic song ‘Ae Mere Watan Ke Logon” made the former Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru cry at New Delhi’s Ramlila Maidan on January 27, 1963.