If you are looking for the Best dishwasher for Indian cooking? then, you are in the right place. Tired of washing vessels and dirty dishes after every meal? Are you wondering if a fountain of dirty dishes has come to life in your kitchen sink? Losing your mind over the never-ending trail of dishes that you have to wash. Even your maid has ditched and left you alone to fight the battle of washing the dishes.
Now, if I told you there is an appliance that can come to your rescue would you be interested? This appliance I am talking about is the humble dishwasher. The dishwasher is a western concept that is fast catching up in India. Given the amount of food we cook and the dishes that are left after each meal, I am not surprised.
The dishwasher can be your knight in shining armor to the rescue when it comes to dirty dishes. So, if you haven’t any idea about the dishwasher then please keep reading as I have discussed the basic question – What is a dishwasher? Today, in this post I will try to guide you select the Best dishwasher for Indian cooking.
What is a dishwasher?
A dishwasher is a machine that completely gets rid of the practice of having to wash the dish manually. You need to load the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and it will rinse the dishes with water and soap and clean them for you. After washing the dishes the dishwasher will also dry your vessels and let you know when the program is completed.
A domestic dishwasher is easy to operate and has many advantages which I have discussed in the following paragraph.
Advantages of a dishwasher
A dishwasher is an appliance that is not to be taken lightly. Even with the maid culture going strong in our country the dishwasher has made a significant breakthrough in the Indian market. And here is why:
- The dishwasher can cost as much as a washing machine. But unlike the washing machine, a good dishwasher will save water and last for many years increasing the benefits compared to the cost.
- A dishwasher is very effective in cleaning dishes thoroughly. It removes stubborn stains and comes with many settings that you can use accordingly.
- The dishwasher is very hygienic as it uses warm water to wash all the dishes killing most of the germs in the process.
- Many dishwashers come with customised options as well that clean all kinds of vessels and remove all the tough stains.
- Also, a dishwasher is more effective than manual washing and compared to a domestic scrub pad there are no germs lurking in a dishwasher.
- The vessels washed in a dishwasher retain their shine longer and are devoid of scratches from the scrub pads
If all this has intrigued you then you can check out some of the best dishwashers available online from reputable brands. I have listed them below which you can use as a reference guide.
List of the best dishwasher for Indian cooking
Following are list of the Best dishwasher for Indian cooking in 2022
01. Faber 12 Place Settings Dishwasher
Faber 12 Place Settings Dishwasher is a good dishwasher from the brand Faber. This neo-black dishwasher is made from stainless steel and is a freestanding appliance. The upper racks can be adjusted for their height and are foldable as well. It consumes little water and power and can efficiently clean all your vessels.
- It has 12 place settings and 6 wash programs.
- It has 2 racks and can easily wash plates, cups, bowls knives, spoons, forks, etc.
- It is suitable for a family of 6.
- It has a 2 year comprehensive warranty and 5 years on rust through on the inner tub.
02. Amazon Basics 12 Place Setting Dishwasher
Amazon Basics 12 Place Setting Dishwasher is the best affordable dishwasher from the brand Amazon. This silver dishwasher is made from stainless steel and has dedicated wash programs for heavily soiled dishes. Suitable for all kinds of utensils this machine washes off all the grease and masala from your vessels with ease. It also generates less noise and gives you a disturbance free wash.
- It has 7 wash programs with different levels
- It has shorter programs for shorter wash
- It has an adjustable upper shelf that creates space for larger utensils and has an extra drying function
- It has a 2 year comprehensive warranty and 5 years on the motor
- The noise it generates is below 49 dB
03. Godrej Eon Dishwasher
Godrej Eon Dishwasher | Steam Wash Technology |13 place setting is a good dishwasher from the brand Godrej. This graphite grey steel dishwasher comes with a 13 place setting ideal to cater to a large family. It has many wash programs and generates very little noise. It steam washes your utensils and this technology is tough on stubborn food stains and doesn’t leave any other stains on your utensils.
- It has features like triple wash and direct wash that give a thorough cleansing
- It generates noise less than 46 dB
- The steam is directly applied to your utensils and ensures perfect hygiene
- It comes equipped with BLDC Inverter technology
- It has a 2 year comprehensive warranty
04. Siemens Dishwasher SN256W01GI
Siemens Dishwasher SN256W01GI (13 Place Settings, White) is a good dishwasher from the German brand Siemens. This white dishwasher is made from stainless steel and has 13 place settings suitable for a family of 4. This dishwasher makes use of German technology to bring you the absolute best and deliver clean results in less time.
- It has 6 wash programs with 3 options
- It has an IQ drive motor that is very efficient, quiet, and long-lasting
- It has special features like glass protection technology
- It also comes with an inbuilt water softening device, 2 water spray arms, and 1 top shower.
- It has a 2-year comprehensive warranty and a 10-year warranty against rust through on the inner tub.
05. LG 14 Place Settings Wi – Fi Dishwasher
LG 14 Place Settings Wi-Fi Dishwasher is a good high end dishwasher from the Korean brand LG. This platinum silver dishwasher is made from stainless steel and is fully integrated. It is designed for Indian cooking and Indian utensils and is quite tough on grease and masala stains. It has 14 place settings and is suitable for a large family.
- It has 9 wash programs
- It has 4 washing arms, easy height adjustment of the upper rack, turbo cycle and a dual zone wash
- It has personalised settings and smart diagnosis
- It has a 2 year comprehensive warranty and a 10 year warranty on the motor
- It has easy to use buttons and the noise it generates is below 44 dB.
06. Bosch 13 Place Settings Dishwasher
Bosch 13 Place Settings Dishwasher is another good dishwasher from the German brand Bosch. This silver inox dishwasher is made from stainless steel and is a freestanding appliance. It has 13 place settings and is ideal for a family of 4. This dishwasher is designed for the Indian kitchen and manual pre-rinse is not required here.
- It has 6 wash programs with 3 options
- It has a 2 year comprehensive warranty and a 10 year warranty against rust through on the inner tub.
- It comes with an additional cutlery box
- It has an intensive kadhai program that is meant to clean stubborn stains from Indian utensils
- The machine is powered by an eco-silence drive motor that is powerful and ensures low power consumption and high cleaning efficiency. It works without friction and is prone to less wear and tear.
07. Amstrad 14 Place Settings Dishwasher
Amstrad 14 Place Settings Dishwasher is a good dishwasher from the brand Amstrad. This grey dishwasher is made from steel and is a freestanding appliance. It has 14 place settings and is suitable for a large family with 6
to 8 members. It consumes very little water and has heated drying making it very convenient for you. It has a self-cleaning system as well.
- It has 8 programs and 3 arm sprays
- The alternative wash feature lets you wash utensils with a low load
- It comes equipped with a child lock and a digital display
- It has a PCM door and is equipped with 3 trays.
- It has a 2 year comprehensive warranty
08. IFB Neptune 15 Place Settings Dishwasher
IFB Neptune 15 Place Settings Dishwasher is a good dishwasher from the brand IFB. This graphite grey dishwasher is made from stainless steel and is a freestanding appliance. It has 15 place settings and is meant for a very large family. It has a LED display that shows you all the workings going on inside the dishwasher.
- It has steam wash to ensure hygiene
- It saves 80% of the water and 40% of the electricity
- It has an auto mode that always chooses the program based on the load
- You can wash fruits and vegetables in this appliance and it also has an antibacterial filter
- It comes with a child lock
- It has a 2 year comprehensive warranty
09. Samsung 13 Place Setting Freestanding Dishwasher
Samsung 13 Place Setting Freestanding Dishwasher with Intensive Wash is a good dishwasher from the Korean brand Samsung. This stainless steel colour dishwasher is made from stainless steel and is a freestanding appliance. It has 13 place settings and is ideal for a family of 4. The colour of this dishwasher stays on for a long time and it doesn’t get discoloured. This appliance is efficient and prevents the build-up of bad odours.
- The racks can be adjusted to make space for taller utensils
- It heats the water and cleans heavily soiled Indian dishes effortlessly
- It has hygienic rinsing where you can select the temperature of the water
- The tub is made from stainless steel making it durable
- The noise generates is below 52 dB
- It has a fingerprint-resistant finish
- It has a 1 year standard warranty
10. Lloyd MagiQ Compact Table Top Dishwasher
Lloyd MagiQ Compact Table Top Dishwasher is a good dishwasher from the brand Lloyd. This white dishwasher is made from stainless steel and is fully integrated. It has a wide LED display giving you all the information you need. It has an error indicator and you can delay the start of the machine. It is compact and is meant for a small family.
- It has 7 wash programs.
- The baskets are foldable and come with an inbuilt heater.
- It is very silent and generates noise below 49 dB.
- It has a 2 year comprehensive warranty and 5 years on the motor.
The above list of Best dishwasher for Indian cooking is not exhaustive and there are many more models available offline. Buying a dishwasher can be tricky and there are many factors to consider. That is why I have written a buying guide that will help you in buying a good dishwasher that is suited not only for you but your whole family as well.
How to buy a dishwasher for Indian cooking?
Dishwashers come in different sizes and shapes. To buy one you need to consider a few factors. In my buying guide, I have shared some tips and pointers that will help you in buying a dishwasher.
- The first and foremost factor is the size of the dishwasher. You need to understand how many vessels you can load in one sitting. This again depends on how much food you cook and how many vessels you use. An 18 inch dishwasher is considered small and is suitable for small families whereas a 24 inch dishwasher is considered standard size and is suited to a family of 4 to 6 members.
- On the basis of whether you are renting a home, buying a new house or already have a house you can opt for a built-in, portable or a countertop dishwasher. For a built-in dishwasher, you will need a dedicated space along with your countertop just like the chimney in your kitchen.
- It is better to purchase this product offline where you can closely inspect it. A dishwasher comes with energy stars awarded by the Indian Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE). It is better to buy a dishwasher that has a rating of 3 or more stars.
- There are several settings in a dishwasher. The different settings consume different amounts of water and electricity and detergent. So, make sure you select the one that is optimum for you and your lifestyle.
- Look into the features of the dishwasher as well. They will have different programs and washing levels. A three tier will give you good washing and more levels will give you better cleansing. Many dishwashers come with many types of racks. Again this will depend on the number of vessels you have to clean and the number of utensils you use.
- Never cut corners and buy a dishwasher from an unknown brand. Buying it from a reputed brand will ensure good quality and more value for your money. Even if they are expensive at the time of purchase their strong built, longevity and good customer support will more than make up for it.
- All dishwashers have warranties. Opt for dishwashers that have long warranty periods and the policy covers the entire product. Dishwashers are built in such a way that they rarely break down and can easily last up to 10 years and more. So, having a good warranty policy is for the best.
These are the pointers to keep in mind when buying a good dishwasher. In the following section, I have discussed how to use it and have given some general instructions that will help you familiarise yourself with this wonderful appliance.
How to use a dishwasher for Indian cooking?
Using a dishwasher is easy and is similar to using a washing machine. Of course, you will find detailed instructions in the user manual but I have shared some general instructions and tips on the dishwasher to make you more familiar with this appliance.
- You need to scrape off all the food particles from your dishes before loading them. You can pour water on your dishes and rinse them (not wash, that defeats the purpose) to make sure there are no food particles.
- Then you load the dishes into the dishwasher. Choose the temperature of the water.
- Choose a program setting. The number of hours will vary based on the program you select just like a washing machine.
- Then add in the dishwasher detergent, close the door and switch on the machine.
- The dishwasher will clean all your dishes and dry them for you. Once it is done it will also let you know when to unload the dishwasher.
It is very simple to understand and even little children can be taught how to use the dishwasher. Make sure you load only dishwasher safe utensils.
A dishwasher is an appliance that is fast catching on. People have begun to see the value in investing in a dishwasher as it is a hassle free solution to hectic lives. These are convenient to use, easy to operate and are quite effective in cleaning. They are good for the environment too as they use very little water compared to manual washing.
It is safe to say in this modern age the dishwasher is the solution to our modern day problems. As more nuclear families and single households arise it makes sense to invest in a dishwasher. I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post on the Best dishwasher for Indian cooking and were able to gain new and interesting information from it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, because it is a device that recovers its cost. The water consumption in a dishwasher is low compared to manual washing
Yes, a dishwasher can not only be used daily but it can be used several times in a day. It makes sense to run the dishwasher only when it is completely loaded.
Yes, they do increase the electricity bill when they are in use. When in standby mode they consume electricity. But this is set off to a certain extent as they consume less water and are quite efficient.
You can keep dirty dishes in the dishwasher for 4 days without washing them. But it is better to run your dishwasher within a day after you load it.